+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
If you got the photos clicked at BLS, then it means you would have had to scan and upload them to the OCI application, there and then, correct?

Things to consider for this I guess are Wifi/Data at the premises.

Also, in general, can the online applications (SC and OCI) be updated/edited any number of times?
For in person application always carry your laptop and be prepared to use ur data to correct your application.
One can try to submit application any number of time, no possibility of correction - start from beginning.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
If you got the photos clicked at BLS, then it means you would have had to scan and upload them to the OCI application, there and then, correct?

Things to consider for this I guess are Wifi/Data at the premises.

Also, in general, can the online applications (SC and OCI) be updated/edited any number of times?
Yes. That is correct. Since they are not accepting SC and OCI together at Brampton, I got the extra photo home and uploaded to the OCI Application. I don't know if there is Wifi at BLS as I did not bother checking (I am wary about using public Wifi anyway ). I have data on my cell so I used that when updating the OCI application.

Both applications once submitted cannot be edited and a new application will have to be created if you need to edit anything in the application. For the OCI application, documents, photos and signatures can be uploaded and re-uploaded (up to a limit of 5 times).

Reactions: nskatcv

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Yes. That is correct. Since they are not accepting SC and OCI together at Brampton, I got the extra photo home and uploaded to the OCI Application. I don't know if there is Wifi at BLS as I did not bother checking (I am wary about using public Wifi anyway ). I have data on my cell so I used that when updating the OCI application.

Both applications once submitted cannot be edited and a new application will have to be created if you need to edit anything in the application. For the OCI application, documents, photos and signatures can be uploaded and re-uploaded (up to a limit of 5 times).
Can you check your DM I sent you?

ironsheikthelegend

Star Member
Dec 21, 2021
Hey thanks for the message. Just checked mine. Shows documents printing status- processed - 30 March 2022. Waiting on other status. Hoping to receive by this week.
Hi, have you received your OCI? Mine reached Toronto on 29th March from New Delhi, but since then there have been no updates on the BLS website. I requested a courier.

Swathi1990

Mar 21, 2022
Hi, have you received your OCI? Mine reached Toronto on 29th March from New Delhi, but since then there have been no updates on the BLS website. I requested a courier.
I haven't received it yet, but on the BLS site, it shows " Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping" from April 2nd, hoping to receive in this week. It reached BLS Brampton and they are yet to send it to Purolator I believe. I have also opted for Courrier. As per timeline after documents received it should take a week.

Reactions: ironsheikthelegend

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Does anyone know how long is the wait and lineup at Brampton BLS if you do walkins for surrender certificate and OCI ?

tm.bilal

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Does anyone know how long is the wait and lineup at Brampton BLS if you do walkins for surrender certificate and OCI ?
I went to Lawrence location, everytime I went 6 am and came out before 9.30. But people who came late stand in line until 2-3 pm to come out.

ironsheikthelegend

Star Member
Dec 21, 2021
I haven't received it yet, but on the BLS site, it shows " Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping" from April 2nd, hoping to receive in this week. It reached BLS Brampton and they are yet to send it to Purolator I believe. I have also opted for Courrier. As per timeline after documents received it should take a week.
Thanks, My OCI arrived on 29th march in Toronto (as per the OCI website) but my status on the BLS website has not even been updated. This whole process is nerve-wracking.

Reactions: zagcollins

PyrocasterX90

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th 2014
Doc's Request.
N/a
Nomination.....
Jan 26th 2014
AOR Received.
N/a
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
N/a
Med's Request
May 6th
Med's Done....
May 26th, ECAS TLU - July 8th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
My Surrender Certificate application status on the BLS Site got updated after the Sampark Query.

DateStatus on BLSStatus on Passport PortalDays since applied
2022-02-26​
N/ASurrender Certificate application form has been submitted.
2022-03-01​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
4​
2022-03-10​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
13​
2022-03-14​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.
17​
2022-03-18​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been printed.
21​
2022-03-31​
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS CentreSurrender certificate has been printed.
34​
Hey guys, sorry new to the forum and I’ve been reading through last 20+ pages, where can I find the ‘Status on Passport Portal’?

Tamiltdot

May 31, 2018
Am in Same boat... It was ready on 30th March at BLS Brampton and nothing changed after that...
I am in the same boat, documents ready at CGI toronto on March 30, but in BLS it shows Processing at Consulate. I have a flight on this sunday (Apr 10)and wondering if I should just go to the Consulate tomorrow

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
For surrneder certificate applicationDo you need to paste the photo on application or just need to hand it over with the application form ?