+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

intellectgyani

Star Member
May 29, 2013
my passport surrender shows - dispatched via courier but when i try to track it nothing shows up. I called up Purolator and they said no such tracking id has been created? Could it be that BLS updates the status without even couriering?
Anyone with such an experience. TIA

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
my passport surrender shows - dispatched via courier but when i try to track it nothing shows up. I called up Purolator and they said no such tracking id has been created? Could it be that BLS updates the status without even couriering?
Anyone with such an experience. TIA
BLS usually creates tracking number in their system early and purolator pick up is usually by end of the day. So, try tonight or tomorrow.

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Can anyone tell me the total cost to get the OCI done?Documents needs?and the time period?
Cost is $425 DD to Indian Consulate + $70 BLS
Documents: You need to check document check list. The list varies depending upon your situation.
Time: 3 weeks to AOR and then 60-90 days after AOR according to consulate website. Also, varies as per application.

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
Cost is $425 DD to Indian Consulate + $70 BLS
Documents: You need to check document check list. The list varies depending upon your situation.
Time: 3 weeks to AOR and then 60-90 days after AOR according to consulate website. Also, varies as per application.
cool...thanks alot

jayti

Jan 19, 2010
Hi Guys,

Probably my timeline will help other peoples. I have applied for two families for OCI, one for my brother family and one for my friend.

Brother Family Timeline.
Applied at BLS center (in-person) in Toronto Sept/12/2019
Date Of Acknowledgment Sept/25/2019
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On Oct/15/2019
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On Oct/15/2019
Document received At Toronto On Oct/15/2019

Today Oct/17/2019, I checked status on BLS web.
Shows: (Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)

Oct/18/2019 "Received OCI booklet by Purolator

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friend timeline

Applied at BLS center (in-person) in Toronto Sept/21/2019
Date Of Acknowledgment Sept/26/2019
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On Oct/18/2019
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On Oct/18/2019
Document received At Toronto On Oct/18/2019

Oct/23/2019 "Received OCI booklet by Purolator

intellectgyani

Star Member
May 29, 2013
I checked the application status on BLS and it said - In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

I applied for OCI barely two weeks ago--what does this status mean? Inbetween they had also asked for a NOC from my spouse which was quite ridiculous.. but anyways i mailed it to the email address it came from and also called up the consulate and sent it to their email address.

Also BLS did not take any original documents from me.

Any insights would be appreciated

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
I checked the application status on BLS and it said - In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

I applied for OCI barely two weeks ago--what does this status mean? Inbetween they had also asked for a NOC from my spouse which was quite ridiculous.. but anyways i mailed it to the email address it came from and also called up the consulate and sent it to their email address.

Also BLS did not take any original documents from me.

Any insights would be appreciated
Hi,
BLS told me that they have stopped taking original documents for walk in applications. But consulate still send an empty envelop to BLS to confirm that no original certificate is returned. So, in next couple of days you will get a Purolator tracking number which will have empty envelope send to your address confirming that any originals have returned to you. You should keep this empty envelope as a proof.

intellectgyani

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Hi,
BLS told me that they have stopped taking original documents for walk in applications. But consulate still send an empty envelop to BLS to confirm that no original certificate is returned. So, in next couple of days you will get a Purolator tracking number which will have empty envelope send to your address confirming that any originals have returned to you. You should keep this empty envelope as a proof.
Thanks

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
I tried to check the status of my application on the oci website https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

It asks for passport number, online resgistration number ( i believe this is CANT#####) and File acknowledgment number. What is this file number and where do i get it from?

Thanks
the File acknowledgment number is the CANT### . I dont know what is the online reg # but don't need it if you have CANT.

Just an update for others, went last week for walkin surrender+ OCI application, BLS (Toronto) didn't take any original docs other than the Indian passport being surrendered. We even took notarized copies as didn't want to submit originals but they didn't need it (wasted $$). We opted for pickup so I guess will go pickup the surrender envelope and another empty envelope . Also for OCI, we got the CANT## number right away, which can be used to track on both BLS and the India Gov website (although I think India Gov will have more detailed updates).

Unlike before, I feel attitude has improved and they were more friendly (and no frowns when we asked for pickup instead of delivery...maybe we got lucky lol).

BTW the cybercafe next door certainly helps to avoid another trip.

Last edited: