+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
With the help of folks in this thread and previous threads I have managed to collect all documents so far. I am a bit confused with the payment process. I plan to walk in to the bls office to submit my application. Is it mandatory to create demand drafts for consulate for surrender and oci ? Or I can pay this thro debit at bls. I am talking about the appx 800-1000 dollar fee that will be incurred and not the bls fee. Guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.
All the consulate fee must be paid in DD but ypu can pay BLS fee + courier fee with your debit at the counter.

intellectgyani

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Ok, i read the bls website again -can you confirm -- seems wierd the passport surrender is in favour of bls and not consulate

1) Passport surrender - DD in favour of BLS International Services Canada Inc. - for $250.4 --- also for this scenario they say only cash or debit if you walk in and DD if it is by post -- pls confirm
2)Oci - DD in favour of consulate general of india - $425

Last edited:

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Ok, i read the bls website again -can you confirm -- seems wierd the passport surrender is in favour of bls and not consulate

1) Passport surrender - DD in favour of BLS International Services Canada Inc. - for $250.4 --- also for this scenario they say only cash or debit if you walk in and DD if it is by post -- pls confirm
2)Oci - DD in favour of consulate general of india - $425
Thats what i mean. If there you have to pay to consulate it has to be in DD, but if you are paying just to BLS, you can pay at the counter. Call them they will confirm you.

VijayAggarwal

Jun 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2016
hi All, in the OCI application in the section "Applicant's Passport Details" is it the new Canadian passport or old Indian passport details?

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
hi All, in the OCI application in the section "Applicant's Passport Details" is it the new Canadian passport or old Indian passport details?
As I understood, The reference if in general, and not specifically asking for "Foreign Travel Doc / Foreign Passport" it is implied that it is the Indian passport. But, since it is post surrender, and OCI application asks current Passport..obviously it will be Canada. So I will enter the current valid passport details. Cheers!

Last edited:

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
You can refer to how to fill OCI form on both BLS as well as Consulate general website. It has step by step instructions.

pedmetric

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the current timeline for OCI processing at Surrey?

I have sent application via post and fee in DD.

The received the application last week.

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
What is the current timeline for OCI processing at Surrey?

I have sent application via post and fee in DD.

The received the application last week.
Check BLS webpage or consulate website under Vancouver mission. For Toronto its 60-90 days after acknowledgement, acknowledgement can take 2-3 weeks.

Ranbir4u

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
How many photos are required for OCI application and passport surrender? Can we take photos from COSTCO or only at the BLS centre?

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
How many photos are required for OCI application and passport surrender? Can we take photos from COSTCO or only at the BLS centre?
You can get your photos from Costco. For me, BLS accepted 1 photo for each process. But online it asks for 2 photos for each process.

pedmetric

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do you track OCI on BLS website?
How long does it take before you get an update?

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
How do you track OCI on BLS website?
How long does it take before you get an update?
To track OCI on BLS you have to use BLS tracking which will be something like OCIT******
To track OCI on consulate website you have to use your application acknowledgment number CANT******

Once you submit OCI application to BLS, it will take 3-4 weeks for consulate to acknowledge that they received your application. According to consulate website OCI will take 60-90 days after acknowledgement. It took me 2.5 months recently.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
hello experts.. anyone can share light on my situation...

i applied for surrender of Indian Passport on 28th September and my Indian passport has been cancelled and delivered to me today (8th october)...Yes!! 10 days time... unbelievable....

Secondly, i applied for my OCI on 2nd October (as i filled the form incorrectly so had to go back)... as of today it says FILE ACKNOWLEDGED AT MISSION- VANCOUVER 8th OCTOBER...

My questions :

1. I have tickets booked for a travel to INDIA on 23rd NOVEMBER ... any cases here where OCI was processed in 6 weeks or less??

2. Upon reading the comments i realised i never submitted my COPR and neither the girl(s) asked for it while submitting... it should be fine ??? or the government is going to request additional documents/ photographs etc in my case??

any inputs are much appreciated.!!!

thanks

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
This is what i found today

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 02-AUG-2018
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 03-AUG-2018
Document received At VANCOUVER On 10-AUG-2018

I guess next step should be dispatch. Does dispatching status get update on BLS tracking website or on passport website ?

when did you actually apply for OCI card? i am can u share ur acknowledgement date..?