+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
hello experts.. anyone can share light on my situation...

i applied for surrender of Indian Passport on 28th September and my Indian passport has been cancelled and delivered to me today (8th october)...Yes!! 10 days time... unbelievable....

Secondly, i applied for my OCI on 2nd October (as i filled the form incorrectly so had to go back)... as of today it says FILE ACKNOWLEDGED AT MISSION- VANCOUVER 8th OCTOBER...

My questions :

1. I have tickets booked for a travel to INDIA on 23rd NOVEMBER ... any cases here where OCI was processed in 6 weeks or less??

2. Upon reading the comments i realised i never submitted my COPR and neither the girl(s) asked for it while submitting... it should be fine ??? or the government is going to request additional documents/ photographs etc in my case??

any inputs are much appreciated.!!!

thanks
Hi
-The processing time depends upon consulate you come under. I applied with Toronto Consulate and according to my knowledge the processing time was least in Toronto. It took me 7 weeks recently.
- COPR is a required document. So if you are missing consulate might as you to provide one.
- I think your travelling date is tight. If i were in your position I would never book my ticket unless i have my OCI. You can always get online Indian Visa which you need to apply 3-4 days in advance.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Hi
-The processing time depends upon consulate you come under. I applied with Toronto Consulate and according to my knowledge the processing time was least in Toronto. It took me 7 weeks recently.
- COPR is a required document. So if you are missing consulate might as you to provide one.
- I think your travelling date is tight. If i were in your position I would never book my ticket unless i have my OCI. You can always get online Indian Visa which you need to apply 3-4 days in advance.

Yeah fingers crossed .. else i found out that we can apply for a tourist e-visa... anyhow.. i contacted the consulate and got a response right away ( some one actually replied the email- not a auto-response) that OCI apps are being processed within 4 weeks as their is 20 day mandatory wait period.. so if everything is smooth i should receive it mid-november..

junekkay

May 25, 2014
Hi All

Here is my timeline. Can someone please give some insight when I can expect the OCI booklet to reach and the moment I get it, is that good enough to travel to India right away.

Any information will be helpful. I called this local BLS this morning and they said they havent received it from Vancouver consulate yet.

Applied in person at BLS Surrey - 11th Sep 2019

On the OCI website, I see the below status

Date of Acknowledgement - 17th Sep 2019
OCI number - Xnnnnnn
Documents printing status - PROCESSED on 8th Oct 2019
Dispatched from MEA (OCI) - NEW DELHI on 9th Oct 2019
Documents received at - VANCOUVER on 9th Oct 2019

Thanks

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Hi All

Here is my timeline. Can someone please give some insight when I can expect the OCI booklet to reach and the moment I get it, is that good enough to travel to India right away.

Any information will be helpful. I called this local BLS this morning and they said they havent received it from Vancouver consulate yet.

Applied in person at BLS Surrey - 11th Sep 2019

On the OCI website, I see the below status

Date of Acknowledgement - 17th Sep 2019
OCI number - Xnnnnnn
Documents printing status - PROCESSED on 8th Oct 2019
Dispatched from MEA (OCI) - NEW DELHI on 9th Oct 2019
Documents received at - VANCOUVER on 9th Oct 2019

Thanks

Q1. Yes OCI booklet is good enough for travel. (for safety carry the passport surrender certificate along)
Q2. Check BLS Website https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php and it should show the status when they send you the courier.

junekkay

May 25, 2014
Thanks hopefulcndn for your quick response.

I see the status as 'Document received at Vancouver on 9th Oct 2019' in the https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury website

And on the BLS website, the status is 'PROCESSING at Vancouver General'.

It looks like OCI has been received at the Vancouver Consultate general on 9th Oct and its been a week now. I see a couple of posts from others, where the consultate couriered the OCI to the local BLS right away on the same day.

So, just worried why it is taking more than a week at the consulate general. I tried calling them, but no response.

Hopefully I receive it this week...Fingers crossed...

junekkay

May 25, 2014
Right after I posted the above update, I see the status on the BLS website changed to

"Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping"

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Right after I posted the above update, I see the status on the BLS website changed to

"Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping"

Did you actually submit Canadian Passport? i thought U Visa sticker is no longer needed... its just OCI booklet..

so is ur OCI booklet being couriered or your canadian passport (assuming you submitted)

junekkay

May 25, 2014
Did you actually submit Canadian Passport? i thought U Visa sticker is no longer needed... its just OCI booklet..

so is ur OCI booklet being couriered or your canadian passport (assuming you submitted)
I did not submit my canadian passport...I beleive they are sending the OCI booklet, but the status messages are still indicating the old way...

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
I did not submit my canadian passport...I beleive they are sending the OCI booklet, but the status messages are still indicating the old way...

Yes.. probably its OCI booklet as they would've charged you $28.57 for purolator courier.. ridiculos ... it actually costs $10 ..

jayti

Jan 19, 2010
Hi Guys,

Probably my timeline will help other peoples. I have applied for two families for OCI, one for my brother family and one for my friend.

Brother Family Timeline.
Applied at BLS center (in-person) in Toronto Sept/12/2019
Date Of Acknowledgment Sept/25/2019
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On Oct/15/2019
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On Oct/15/2019
Document received At Toronto On Oct/15/2019

Today Oct/17/2019, I checked status on BLS web.
Shows: (Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friend timeline

Applied at BLS center (in-person) in Toronto Sept/21/2019
Date Of Acknowledgment Sept/26/2019
Documents Printing Status UNDER PROCESS ( as of today )

Last edited:

jayti

Jan 19, 2010
Hi Guys,

Probably my timeline will help other peoples. I have applied for two families for OCI, one for my brother family and one for my friend.

Brother Family Timeline.

Oct/18/2019 "Received OCI booklet by Purolator

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friend timeline

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On Oct/18/2019
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On Oct/18/2019
Document received At Toronto On Oct/18/2019

Shubh777

Aug 25, 2018
Hi Guys,

Brother Family Timeline.

Friend timeline

Documents Printing Status UNDER PROCESS ( as of today )
Hi, Have u received OCI booklet? If yes at what date?

jayti

Jan 19, 2010
Hi, Have u received OCI booklet? If yes at what date?

Brother Family Timeline.

Oct/18/2019 "Received OCI booklet by Purolator