+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 / Inland Sponsorship

MushroomBB

Jun 9, 2021
Hi there,

Your status won’t change until after you receive your COPR.
Around that time it’ll switch to “approved” and eCAS to “completed”.
After you get your PR card, your PR card application will change to approved as well with mailing details provided.
Thank you for your reply.
But right now, I just saw a decision made on eCAS ( since 2 days ago) but I did not get any correspondence on GIC Key. Is it normal?
Can I assume that it is approved instead of reject? I don't get any interview at all.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Thank you for your reply.
But right now, I just saw a decision made on eCAS ( since 2 days ago) but I did not get any correspondence on GIC Key. Is it normal?
Can I assume that it is approved instead of reject? I don't get any interview at all.
This is normal but I can’t say if your app is approved or not. It shows that all requirements are complete though.
Wait for a portal invite email and follow their instructions.

You’re in the home stretch now! It looks promising- almost there!

Reactions: MushroomBB

mph.mph

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
I completely understand!
Was in the same boat - hope we now get the eCOPR without any unnecessary delays.
Hey! Do you think the request for more documents made slow? They asked for an updated address, email, and phone for both me and my sponsor, I think because we moved and inform them through webform about our new address but on Ecas, my husband's profile still had our old address. Then on that letter IRCC sent, it says if you haven't paid the right of permanent resident fee yet, you have to pay for it but I just ignored it because we already paid everything before we sent our application and of course we included the receipt.for everything we paid

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
IRCC's legendary inconsistency persists. Last month my MP's office got info from IRCC saying that the application is prospective, but also that criminality was in process, as well as eligibility for the sponsor and the applicant. This struck me as odd, because if they've started processing, then why do I still not have an AOR?

Today I phoned the call centre, asking for clarification on this. They were also surprised at my report of processing occurring on a "prospective" application. The agent looked up my application and said that eligibility was displaying as "not started". I asked them if the people who answer the MP hotline have access to different information from the call centre, and he said he didn't know.

So we've got the MP hotline saying one thing, and the GCMS saying another. I'm baffled.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hey! Do you think the request for more documents made slow? They asked for an updated address, email, and phone for both me and my sponsor, I think because we moved and inform them through webform about our new address but on Ecas, my husband's profile still had our old address. Then on that letter IRCC sent, it says if you haven't paid the right of permanent resident fee yet, you have to pay for it but I just ignored it because we already paid everything before we sent our application and of course we included the receipt.for everything we paid
I don’t think the fees will hold you up since you already paid everything: everyone gets that same generic letter.

For address etc info, I confirmed with an IRCC agent on the phn multiple times because I hadn’t received my AOR. I was able to do that very easily over the phone and did not have to submit anything.
But I don’t think all that would’ve slowed your app down. It’s anyone’s guess.. IRCC is not known for straight answers though

mph.mph

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
I don’t think the fees will hold you up since you already paid everything: everyone gets that same generic letter.

For address etc info, I confirmed with an IRCC agent on the phn multiple times because I hadn’t received my AOR. I was able to do that very easily over the phone and did not have to submit anything.
But I don’t think all that would’ve slowed your app down. It’s anyone’s guess.. IRCC is not known for straight answers though
Thank you. Well,. We will just wait perhaps.

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
We got our AoR today! We received it at 15:15 EDT.

mph.mph

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
Hey guys, is it true that I cannot purchase a private insurance because my OHIP is expiring at the end of the month and there is no decision yet about my PR application? The person who said.this is from Sunlife. Thanks for any ideasm

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hey guys, is it true that I cannot purchase a private insurance because my OHIP is expiring at the end of the month and there is no decision yet about my PR application? The person who said.this is from Sunlife. Thanks for any ideasm
Is this for extended health insurance?

In BC, if you applied under the spouse/common-law parter in-Canada class you qualify for provincial healthcare automatically.

If it is extended health insurance, each provider has their own qualifying rules. You might wanna shop around to see if you can qualify with another provider.
And it is usually your resident status that determines whether you qualify or not, NOT the PR status. So I'm a little confused about their response.

mph.mph

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
Is this for extended health insurance?

In BC, if you applied under the spouse/common-law parter in-Canada class you qualify for provincial healthcare automatically.

If it is extended health insurance, each provider has their own qualifying rules. You might wanna shop around to see if you can qualify with another provider.
And it is usually your resident status that determines whether you qualify or not, NOT the PR status. So I'm a little confused about their response.
So last night the broker called my husband and said she can get me a plan. I will know what exactly she will be saying later tonight when she will call again. That's kind of weird to me that she said first there is no plan for me when the reason why my husband wants to buy a private insurance for me is that because my provincial insurance will expire at the end of the month.

Reactions: Majima

Harmanharbhajan

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
OWP still pending.

AOR - April 27
June 4 - SA, AIP and MR
June 17 - medical passed
June 19 - PR Portal letter replied with info requested
June 20 - username and p/word recd for Portal
June 21 - accessed Portal uploaded pic, confirmed in Canada and provided address.
now I await approval of docs submitted11 and pr card.
Hi did you get your eCOPR?
I have same timeline and still waiting for eCOPR.
Everyone is getting in 1-2 days after updating portal

Jcarb93

Dec 6, 2020
This entire process makes no sense…
Application received November 26th
My application began processing May 26th
I haven’t received request for medical at all
I got SA and pre-arrival letter
Last notification was June 5th

for everyone who has received DM and Portal stuff how long was it from the time your application began processing to decision made?

Thanks