+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 / Inland Sponsorship

Edward_Tanner

Aug 7, 2021
Try calling them as early as 8am. I tried that before. Also, last week, the 8am didn't work anymore, I waited a little bit and called them 11:30 am I was able to speak with an agent.
Thank you for the tip. I still have not had luck and it seems with the Afghanistan crisis that it is even harder to speak to an actual person. I'll have to keep trying.
And still no contact or requests from IRCC since receiving the AOR in March. :(

We have moved since sending the PR application last year and submitted the webform informing IRCC at the beginning of July, but have not received anything back confirming they received the web form since then. The lack of feedback on anything from IRCC is stressful.

Edward_Tanner

Aug 7, 2021
I finally received a response from CIC that they have my application. They have now provided me a non-temporary application #/UCI that I can check the status of online. What a relief!

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
Medical passed two weeks ago. We're still waiting for eligibility to start ("We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."). See timeline in my signature. I wonder if people who got delayed AORs (ours was on July 10 for a November 5 application) will also have delays with the rest of their application.

mph.mph

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
I finally received a response from CIC that they have my application. They have now provided me a non-temporary application #/UCI that I can check the status of online. What a relief!
That's very great news! Best of luck to all :) so long as your application is not returned, everything should be okaym

Jcarb93

Dec 6, 2020
Hey fellow November applicants,

Hope things are moving for most of you.

I'm still waiting for DM everything else has been completed. Finally got medical request on August 4th, SA back in May, and AIP back in May. Really backwards...hah.

Anyway, here's some info I got from IRCC agent after growing anxiety about my work permit expiring in September urged me to contact IRCC. Hope this helps anyone who may be in the same boat.

Maintained status - Temporary resident

As a temporary resident, it is important to apply to extend your stay in Canada, if necessary, before it expires. Following submission of the application, you are considered to have maintained status, previously known as “implied status”.

• If you apply to extend your stay before the expiry date of your current status:
    • you will be considered in status as a temporary resident until a decision is made on your application.
  • If you apply to extend your work or study permit before the expiry date of your current permit, and it expires before a decision is made:
    • you can continue working or studying under the same conditions as your existing permit, as long as you remain in Canada.
Leaving and re-entering Canada while under maintained status and authorization to work or study:

You may be authorized to re-enter Canada:

• As a temporary resident, if your application to extend your stay has not yet been approved (if applicable, you must wait* until you receive your new permit before you start to work/study):
    • this applies to you if, among other things:
      • you are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt,
      • you hold a valid multiple-entry visa, or
      • you have travelled only to the United States (excluding cruises entering international waters) and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon,
  • As a worker or student:
    • if the officer determines that your application to extend your permit was approved while you were outside Canada, or
    • if you are eligible to apply for a new work or study permit at your arrival in Canada.
An officer will ask you questions to see if you meet all of the requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada.

*If you applied for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP), you may work in Canada while waiting for a decision on your post-graduation work permit application.

Proof of maintained status:

It is recommended that you provide these documents to prove that you have maintained status:

• Your expired immigration document,
  • (If the application was submitted by paper) A copy of the application to extend your stay sent to the Case Processing Centre before the expiration date of your status,
  • (If the application was submitted online) A copy of the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission message in your online account,
  • A copy of the fee payment receipt included with the application, and
  • (If applicable) A delivery confirmation from the postal service provider used to send the application.
If you submitted a second extension application and:

Your first application was approved after the receipt of your second application
  • The validity period of your newly issued document and any authorizations will apply while we continue to process your second application.
Your first application was refused or rejected after the receipt of your second application
and
Your original status was still valid when your second application was received
  • You are on maintained status until a decision is made on your second application, and
  • You can continue working and/or studying under the same conditions as your existing permit, as long as you remain in Canada.
Your first application was refused after the receipt of your second application
and
Your original status was expired when your second application was received
  • You are on maintained status until a decision is made on your second application as long as your first application was submitted prior to the expiry of your existing status,
  • However, you are no longer authorized to work and/or study without a permit from the date the first application was refused.
Your first application was rejected after the receipt of your second application
and
Your original status was expired when your second application was received
  • Since it was rejected, the first application is considered to have never been received,
  • You will be considered to have status only until your original status expires,
  • You do not have maintained status, and
  • You do not have authorization to continue working or studying.
More information on maintained status is also available on our website.

Holdyourbreath

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
I finally received my ECOPR yesterday. It was really a tough and tiring Journey. I really thank each and every person who responded for queries and provided solutions in this forum. All the best and a happy ending for our PR journey.

canadajapanconnection

Apr 29, 2020
Finally got some update on our application. We received the a request for medical on August 24. We were very fortunate to get in on a cancellation on the 26 of August. Our initial appointment was for November 26!!
We got the biometric reminder email today (September 2). But we have had no word about the OWP. Has any heard about their OWP?

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
We got... something, today. ECAS says "Decision Made" under both sponsor and principal applicant. PA got an "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal"; the PDF begins with "Your application for permanent residence has been approved".

In GCkey we got "Invitation to pre-arrival services", however it still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." under Review of eligibility and "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made" under Final decision.

I assume GCkey is just behind and this really is AIP, SA, and DM all at once. Right?

amm5384

Aug 24, 2020
Has anyone received any updates lately? It has been almost 7 weeks since I made my "In Canada Declaration" and uploaded my photo and address to the online PR confirmation portal. We have not received the eCOPR or any updates since then. It just says "Case Status In Review". Just curious if anyone has gotten anything in a while. Thanks!

Holdyourbreath

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Has anyone received any updates lately? It has been almost 7 weeks since I made my "In Canada Declaration" and uploaded my photo and address to the online PR confirmation portal. We have not received the eCOPR or any updates since then. It just says "Case Status In Review". Just curious if anyone has gotten anything in a while. Thanks!
It took more than a month for me. The status always remains same it dint change for me but for a check keep scrolling down at the end of the page you will find ECOPR. It takes one more month to receive a PR card.

Dr2233

Jan 25, 2015
Has anyone got open work permit lately? Or have any information on when they can process our work permit application. Thank you

Edward_Tanner

Aug 7, 2021
After waiting 9 months with no update on the PR application, in just over a month the application was approved and the PR card in hand. Thanks to all on this forum for the helpful information and support.

Reactions: Vles
Oct 27, 2021
Here is my timeline if it might help someone. Good luck everyone and be patient your turn is coming.
Inland Quebec Spousal Sponsorship Application
Received: November 09, 2020
Reminder – Biometrics Fee : November 19, 2021 from CPC-Mississauga
AOR: July 1, 2021
Biometrics requested: Already enrolled
Medical request: July 02, 2021
AOR 2: July 12, 2021
Medical passed: July 15, 2021
CSQ Request: July 12, 2021
CSQ Sent: July 20, 2021
CSQ received: August 17, 2021
AIP: August 3, 2021
SA: August 3, 2021
Decision Made: September 19, 2021
Landing Call: September 22, 2021
COPR: September 22, 2021
PR Card Received: October 27, 2021

Jcarb93

Dec 6, 2020
Hey, I'm sure this is not uncommon but my application has been stuck on Background check since June 2021. I received SA, AIP at the same time in end of May 2021 seemed like my application was on track.... Then in September 2021 IRCC asked for Additional Documents. Since then silence.

OWP started processing in May 2021 as well. I received a letter stating my OWP app was sent to Etobicoke for further processing in October 2021.

Has anyone else experienced either of these situations? Seems like a very long time for both applications, meanwhile there are people who applied in 2021 already with a PR Card.

Thanks for any feedback.

Shaniice29

Jun 11, 2021
Hey, I'm sure this is not uncommon but my application has been stuck on Background check since June 2021. I received SA, AIP at the same time in end of May 2021 seemed like my application was on track.... Then in September 2021 IRCC asked for Additional Documents. Since then silence.

OWP started processing in May 2021 as well. I received a letter stating my OWP app was sent to Etobicoke for further processing in October 2021.

Has anyone else experienced either of these situations? Seems like a very long time for both applications, meanwhile there are people who applied in 2021 already with a PR Card.

Thanks for any feedback.
we applied October 2020 hot request for medicals and bio metrics in June completed then and haven’t heard anything since still says in process sent web forms and nothing back for any of the web forms !!