20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
Hey everyone, this is my timeline
<snip>
  • Inland application
  • No interview needed.
  • No additional documents needed.
  • Biometric done on 2017, no need to repeat.
Nice timeline. I was also a November 5 applicant, but I haven't even got AOR yet :confused:

Edit: I see you were actually November 9. Well, anyway, congrats on getting this far.

Nargesmir

Apr 11, 2018
Nice timeline. I was also a November 5 applicant, but I haven't even got AOR yet :confused:

Edit: I see you were actually November 9. Well, anyway, congrats on getting this far.
Thank you but honestly if you see they didn’t give me an AOR as well, they just sent the medical req one day and it just went fast after that but I’m still waiting too. Honestly I know how bad it can feel to wait this much but I hope we all get good news soon.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020

hey I’m a Sept applicant and wanted to chime in to say that a LOT of applicants in sponsorship applications are not receiving their AORs. It’s nothing to worry about unless you get no communication from them at all.
I never received mine and everything went fine. Just waiting for eCOPR now.

Looks like they’re working on Nov files now so you should hear something soon! :)

mph.mph

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
Hi guys, hope everything is well. May I please ask for your inputs... My status is expiring at. The end of this month, July 2021. My application status is stuck on medical passed and I already submitted updated address and email address as requested and until now, they haven't started my eligibility. I talked to the agent and he said my security and criminality are already passed but he can't see anything about my eligibility. I also send extension of stay application open work permit which I don't hear anything about it. What else should I do while waiting for my application? Is there anything else I should do?

Thank you for any response and keep safe.

MushroomBB

Jun 9, 2021
Hi guys, hope everything is well. May I please ask for your inputs... My status is expiring at. The end of this month, July 2021. My application status is stuck on medical passed and I already submitted updated address and email address as requested and until now, they haven't started my eligibility. I talked to the agent and he said my security and criminality are already passed but he can't see anything about my eligibility. I also send extension of stay application open work permit which I don't hear anything about it. What else should I do while waiting for my application? Is there anything else I should do?

Thank you for any response and keep safe.
I checked the spreadsheet, only 1 person got the work permit approved. I guess your decision made will be faster than the work permit approval if your background check is almost completed.
Did you check the ECAS status? I discover that mine has changed to Decision Made today. But I cannot see any update on GIC Key. ( I am nervous too..... )

mph.mph

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
I checked the spreadsheet, only 1 person got the work permit approved. I guess your decision made will be faster than the work permit approval if your background check is almost completed.
Did you check the ECAS status? I discover that mine has changed to Decision Made today. But I cannot see any update on GIC Key. ( I am nervous too..... )
Yes, it is still in progress. And my status is expiring at the end of this month. I can't talk to agent as wellm omg.

Nargesmir

Apr 11, 2018
Yes, it is still in progress. And my status is expiring at the end of this month. I can't talk to agent as wellm omg.
My status expired 1 month ago. I called cic to talk about it. Basically we are not allowed to work to go to school but we can stay in Canada and “maintain status”

Nargesmir

Apr 11, 2018
Hey everyone, this is my timeline, does anyone know what is the next step for me? I didn’t hear anything back since my medical passed.

Application sentNov/5/2020
Application receivedNov/9/2020
Biometric reminderNov/19/2020
Medical requestJune/9/2021
Medical doneJune/11/2021
SA approvedJune/14/2021
PA approvedJune/14/2021
Pre-arrivalJune/14/2021
Medical passedJune/20/2021
  • Inland application
  • No interview needed.
  • No additional documents needed.
  • Biometric done on 2017, no need to repeat.
Just an update.
called cic today and finally got an application number for my open work permit and it is still processing. Agent said if I get the DM sooner than the owp I can ask for refund.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Just an update.
called cic today and finally got an application number for my open work permit and it is still processing. Agent said if I get the DM sooner than the owp I can ask for refund.
hey, that’s interesting! Did the agent say that you are allowed to request a refund if your PR spousal application had DM before your OWP?
I am in the same boat and wondering if I am entitled to a refund.
thanks!

mph.mph

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
My status expired 1 month ago. I called cic to talk about it. Basically we are not allowed to work to go to school but we can stay in Canada and “maintain status”
Thanks for your input. I'm not working anymore as I had employer-specific work permit and not working for them anymore and that's my status that's gonna expire this month. I tried to call IRCC 2 times this morning and wasn't able to get to talk to an agent. I just want to know if I need to do anything else while waiting since I already applied for an extension of stay which I have not heard anything yet at all.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Thanks for your input. I'm not working anymore as I had employer-specific work permit and not working for them anymore and that's my status that's gonna expire this month. I tried to call IRCC 2 times this morning and wasn't able to get to talk to an agent. I just want to know if I need to do anything else while waiting since I already applied for an extension of stay which I have not heard anything yet at all.
If you applied for extension before the expiry of your work permit you benefit from “maintained status” so no need to worry just wait for them to get back to you.

mph.mph

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
If you applied for extension before the expiry of your work permit you benefit from “maintained status” so no need to worry just wait for them to get back to you.
Thank you. I was thinking about that too but I tried to.call them just to make sure because I don't want to assume. I hope something good is gonna happen this month. If not, oh well....I'll just wait.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Thank you. I was thinking about that too but I tried to.call them just to make sure because I don't want to assume. I hope something good is gonna happen this month. If not, oh well....I'll just wait.
I completely understand!
Was in the same boat - hope we now get the eCOPR without any unnecessary delays.

MushroomBB

Jun 9, 2021
Anyone knows how long does it take to get the decision made result? I checked the Ecas 2 days ago, it has changed to DM already, but I get nothing in my GIC account until now. The status is still "submitted" and everything is still"in process" for 2 days.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Anyone knows how long does it take to get the decision made result? I checked the Ecas 2 days ago, it has changed to DM already, but I get nothing in my GIC account until now. The status is still "submitted" and everything is still"in process" for 2 days.
Hi there,

Your status won’t change until after you receive your COPR.
Around that time it’ll switch to “approved” and eCAS to “completed”.
After you get your PR card, your PR card application will change to approved as well with mailing details provided.