+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Yes it is really slower. People in other provinces received their MR around 1 month after the AOR, and we're still waiting !
May I ask you how do you know they start your background check? Do they send you a letter or they just update it on your GC key account?
If you can't check GCkey or you application isn't linked you can call CIC's number 1-888-242-2100 you don't have to talk with anyone you can use the automated service you press 1-1-2-3 and they tell you when your application was received, if they requested any fingerprints, any new documents, about the medical request ...and at the end they would say we started processing your background check( if they did)

Reactions: Vivinguyen

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
When you receive the PR card, then you are allowed 100% but you need to make sure when travelling you have your PR card with you
Some people travel when they receive confirmation of permanent residence which means they are a PR but they still haven't received the PR card and while travelling by commercial carrier back to Canada they want PRs in Canada to represent the PR card so they can board and if they fail to do so they aren't allowed to board so what they have to do is if they travel without a PR card they need to apply for a document called PR Travel Document in any Canadian Embassy or Consulate near them, and that document sometimes takes time to get (same thing happens if you forget your PR card)
And that's why CIC advices no one to travel until the very end of the process
Hey guys! Quick random question.
I know when applying inland its not recommended to travel out of the country; my question is, when are we technically allowed too?
As in when are we able to travel and not have to worry about getting rejected upon entry? When we are finally approved for PR? or do we have to wait beyond that?
Thanks for the help.
If you receive or have an OWP it is safe to travel for a short period - 2 weeks or less. I haven't seen anyone having issues with it. Obviously don't leave for a month or more

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
Quebec Applicant here Received Nov 15 by CIC

Background check started today!
Interesting... They haven't requested medicals either (nor updated the ones I submitted).
I sent my application for the CSQ on Jan 28th, it took 29 days in total to get it in the mailbox.

Vivinguyen

Oct 23, 2015
Quebec Applicant here Received Nov 15 by CIC

Background check started today!
Interesting... They haven't requested medicals either (nor updated the ones I submitted).
I sent my application for the CSQ on Jan 28th, it took 29 days in total to get it in the mailbox.
Interesting, that means you only received your CSQ on around Feb 28? my CSQ was issued on Feb 2 but they haven't started my background check yet!

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Nothing in our application has changed....November 27th and still waiting for OWP :-(
Is there any status change? Is it linked online?

Gabe2019V

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hey guys, does anyone knows why is actually taking so long to process the applications after they have received complete documentation, medical passed, all good? Is it like a huge pile of applications and it just takes so much time to process because they are understaffed or something? I mean, to do the background check for anyone it takes like max one week, I guess?

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hey guys, does anyone knows why is actually taking so long to process the applications after they have received complete documentation, medical passed, all good? Is it like a huge pile of applications and it just takes so much time to process because they are understaffed or something? I mean, to do the background check for anyone it takes like max one week, I guess?
It takes at least 2-3 months up to 9 months depending on your situation, your home country, your travel history and how easy for them to verify your information
Background check isn't just about criminality, its a whole investigation about you done through the help of RCMP and CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service)
No one passes the background check in one week unless you are super lucky

mili80

Jun 24, 2018
It takes at least 2-3 months up to 9 months depending on your situation, your home country, your travel history and how easy for them to verify your information
Background check isn't just about criminality, its a whole investigation about you done through the help of RCMP and CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service)
No one passes the background check in one week unless you are super lucky
Or American with little to none travel history!! Americans and Canadians share a lot of databases, so it's easy to their BCK check.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Or American with little to none travel history!! Americans and Canadians share a lot of databases, so it's easy to their BCK check.
Ofcourse and that's why I said it depends on home country and how easy they can verify the information..