+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Hello S2111S,

Actually, my husband has had two furtherance letters. He had his medical in Jan 21, and as the CIC panel doctor has two weeks to submit his results (which he took), the first furtherance letter didn’t come until Feb 14. He was required to do a CT scan~ these results were submitted on March 1, with the second furtherance letter arriving March 4th. This last request was for another chest X-ray three months after the first one (when MR was done)~ so we’ve got another 6 weeks until then. The good news is that CIC seems to respond quickly, once testing results are submitted.

I’m hoping that you hear good news this week!

Thank you for your detailed reply Camino_Walkers. I wish you a smooth and fast processing of your husbands application.

Thanks and Regards

Jordannesmith

Oct 7, 2018
Hey guys! Quick random question.
I know when applying inland its not recommended to travel out of the country; my question is, when are we technically allowed too?
As in when are we able to travel and not have to worry about getting rejected upon entry? When we are finally approved for PR? or do we have to wait beyond that?
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hey guys! Quick random question.
I know when applying inland its not recommended to travel out of the country; my question is, when are we technically allowed too?
As in when are we able to travel and not have to worry about getting rejected upon entry? When we are finally approved for PR? or do we have to wait beyond that?
Thanks for the help.
When you receive the PR card, then you are allowed 100% but you need to make sure when travelling you have your PR card with you
Some people travel when they receive confirmation of permanent residence which means they are a PR but they still haven't received the PR card and while travelling by commercial carrier back to Canada they want PRs in Canada to represent the PR card so they can board and if they fail to do so they aren't allowed to board so what they have to do is if they travel without a PR card they need to apply for a document called PR Travel Document in any Canadian Embassy or Consulate abroad, and that document sometimes takes time to get (same thing happens if you forget your PR card)
And that's why CIC advices no one to travel until the very end of the process

Last edited:

garbimba

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hi garbimba,

Would you be able to share your timeline please.? Thanks in advance
PA from Mexico

App Received: 11 Dec 2018
AOR: 8 Feb 2019
SA: 13 Feb 2019
BGC: Police certificate requested 13 Feb 2019 and status changed to we started processing Background check
MR: 19 Feb 2019 -> completed 6 Mar 2019, awaiting on passed to reflect, but assuming everything is gtg since doctor said they'll call her if anything was wrong.

P.S. Mine is an OUTLAND application, and I'm a Citizen living in the US. I was just surprised SA was so quick considering a lot of people had mentioned it's not wise to apply right after marriage, but in our case I think we had enough proof of a solid relationship.

Reactions: danielt and Lime06

Vivinguyen

Oct 23, 2015
Hello,

Any Quebec applicants here? Have you received any news after the CSQ yet?
My CSQ was issued on Feb 1 and I haven't heard anything until now.

danielt

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Hello,

Any Quebec applicants here? Have you received any news after the CSQ yet?
My CSQ was issued on Feb 1 and I haven't heard anything until now.
There are at least a few Quebec applicants here
See my timeline in my signature

I still haven't received the medical request. Quebec applications seem to be moving slower than others.
We might still all finish together, but for now it does seem slower.

Vivinguyen

Oct 23, 2015
There are at least a few Quebec applicants here
See my timeline in my signature

I still haven't received the medical request. Quebec applications seem to be moving slower than others.
We might still all finish together, but for now it does seem slower.
Yes it is really slower. People in other provinces received their MR around 1 month after the AOR, and we're still waiting !
May I ask you how do you know they start your background check? Do they send you a letter or they just update it on your GC key account?

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
PA from Mexico

BGC: Police certificate requested 13 Feb 2019 and status changed to we started processing Background check
MR: 19 Feb 2019 -> completed 6 Mar 2019, awaiting on passed to reflect, but assuming everything is gtg since doctor said they'll call her if anything was wrong.

P.S. Mine is an OUTLAND application, and I'm a Citizen living in the US. I was just surprised SA was so quick considering a lot of people had mentioned it's not wise to apply right after marriage, but in our case I think we had enough proof of a solid relationship.
SA is sponsor approval, that means they approved you as a sponsor, it doesn't have to do with proofs of the relationship, it has to do with them verifying that you are eligible to be a sponsor (have no criminal issues, didn't receive any welfare... etc)
When the PA receives AIP that means they approved her and that your proofs of relationship were solid
Your application is still in progress at the moment, SA doesn't guarantee AIP

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
PA from Mexico

Yeah as I observed in this forum Outland always on comes first in the first stage of approval while Inland on the last part almost close to final stage of approval but still on a case to case basis.

danielt

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Yes it is really slower. People in other provinces received their MR around 1 month after the AOR, and we're still waiting !
May I ask you how do you know they start your background check? Do they send you a letter or they just update it on your GC key account?
Sure.
They changed my status in MyCIC to "we are processing your background check...", that is how you can know.

In my case, I also got a letter request (inside MyCIC) to do a fingerprint criminal record check with RCMP. They sent me an email to tell me to go read the letter.

Reactions: Vivinguyen

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Yeah as I observed in this forum Outland always on comes first in the first stage of approval while Inland on the last part almost close to final stage of approval but still on a case to case basis.
Yes the process of outland is different, they send their application to Missisauga and CIC looks at the application to see if everything is complete and they evaluate Sponsor Approval first before they send it to the visa office of the PA's home country/country of residence because obviously it's better and easier for them
While with inland SA and AIP come all together with DM at the end of the process which I feel it's better

Reactions: Calm2019

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Yes the process of outland is different, they send their application to Missisauga and CIC looks at the application to see if everything is complete and they evaluate Sponsor Approval first before they send it to the visa office of the PA's home country/country of residence because obviously it's better and easier for them
While with inland SA and AIP come all together with DM at the end of the process which I feel it's better
Yeah that’s true.