+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
My husband just received notification that his BGC started today!!!

His timeline is as follows:
PR/OWP appl. received: Nov 13, 2018
AOR received: Dec 29, 2018
MR requested: Jan 17, 2019
MR completed: Jan 21, 2019
OWP approved: Feb 22, 2019 (arrived: Feb 28)
BGC started: March 11/19
MR passed: Still waiting (he had a furtherance request for additional testing)

I’ve been checking a few times per day and am so glad to learn tonight that BGC is underway.
Hi Camino_walkers,

I am relieved to see your husbands BGC started inspite of having a Furtherance Letter. Actually I had a Furtherance Letter too and since they give a 60 day window I thought they would not start the BGC till 60 days even though I submitted my medical results of the additional tests yesterday. Your message gives me hope. I am a Nov 26 applicant.

Thanks and Regards

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
From what I've noticed around the form, background checks are starting around 4-5 months from the date the application was received

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hi Camino_walkers,

I am relieved to see your husbands BGC started inspite of having a Furtherance Letter. Actually I had a Furtherance Letter too and since they give a 60 day window I thought they would not start the BGC till 60 days even though I submitted my medical results of the additional tests yesterday. Your message gives me hope. I am a Nov 26 applicant.

Thanks and Regards
Hello S2111S,

Actually, my husband has had two furtherance letters. He had his medical in Jan 21, and as the CIC panel doctor has two weeks to submit his results (which he took), the first furtherance letter didn’t come until Feb 14. He was required to do a CT scan~ these results were submitted on March 1, with the second furtherance letter arriving March 4th. This last request was for another chest X-ray three months after the first one (when MR was done)~ so we’ve got another 6 weeks until then. The good news is that CIC seems to respond quickly, once testing results are submitted.

I’m hoping that you hear good news this week!

Reactions: S2111S

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi everyone, i dont know if this is the correct thread for my question. i arrived in Canada as a live-in caregiver but i was released upon arrival. Im trying to look for sponsorship but im not that lucky enough. the option was i have a boyfriend for 5 years who already got the PR and we are trying to get married this May.

now my question is if there will be a problem on that? or i need to talk to my employer not to cancel my work permit until the spousal application is lodge?

any valuable answers will be appreciated.
Hi you said you just arrived and the employer released you as a live in caregiver? Then you should find an employer based on your category and as far as I know live in caregivers has a way to become a permanent residence if that is your plan you have to finish your contract so that you have a good record in Canada. I don’t know what happened on why your current employer released you right away that is not a good sign and then trying to become pr right away is another thing. If you and your boyfriend are genuine why he didn’t sponsor in the first place and instead of applying a live in caregiver? Just a question.

Last edited:

Lorie@030486

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Weve been together for morethan 5 years proof can be submitted but we came from the country that marriage is not easy if you have a different religion, wherein you need to be converted before uou get married. Actually my question was already answered by an immigration lawyer. Thank you.

Lithiumwow

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Thank you!
My timeline:
App received: Nov 14, 2018
AOR: Dec 21, 2018
MR requested: Jan 28, 2019
MR done: Feb 11, 2019
MR passed: Feb 18, 2019
OWP approved: Feb 22, 2019
OWP received: March 1, 2019
Background check started: March 12, 2019
So Technically its exactly around 4 months average. Mine would be hopefully next week. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: Lime06 and Geno.uss