Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-02-2019
Yes plus i had to apply for extension of stay so I have to wait for that or pay $200 then resubmit the OWP application. Best case 4 months. This is crazy I’m a senior professional and I’m loosing so much just sitting here. I need some advice Geno is there a way for me to call you?
You don't have to wait for the extension to come through to resubmit your application. Attach your payment receipt with a letter of explanation that you applied for your stay to get extended and send it off

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Will I then have to wait another 4 months for the OWP?
Yes around 3-4 months maybe less if you got lucky
keep your hopes high you might get your PR before your OWP which is much better
September applicants are receiving DM already which means many applicants are getting their PR now around 7-8 months from the date their applications were received which is great news

Simonesp

Mar 1, 2019
Yes around 3-4 months maybe less if you got lucky
keep your hopes high you might get your PR before your OWP which is much better
September applicants are receiving DM already which means many applicants are getting their PR now around 7-8 months from the date their applications were received which is great news
Thank so much guys for always being so supportive and extremely knowledgeable! Your advice and the time you take to respond shows care and is priceless.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Thank so much guys for always being so supportive and extremely knowledgeable! Your advice and the time you take to respond shows care and is priceless.
No worries, we are all here to help each other
You can always ask us if you need help and we can help you as much as we can
This forum helped me a lot more than anywhere else, I learned many things here and I swear my own representative asked me once what is ECAS LOL he didn't know because he's still a new lawyer, I taught him what ECAS is
I learn everything from this forum, I didn't even feel that facebook groups are as helpful as this forum so I unfollowed them and I'm only active on here

Reactions: Simonesp

Ashleigh1234

Jan 16, 2019
Will I then have to wait another 4 months for the OWP?
We originally applied in august through a lawyer who forgot paperwork so application got sent back and sat in her office until November then last week after trying to track her down as she had gone on maternity without telling us we found out she 'forgot' to send owp off with the application so why we was on countdown for it and I emailed her asking if any news to which she replied not yet it was never sent (so angry and frustrated we paid for this hoping it would go smooth) anyway we have now been advised it may not be worth sending one off due to possibility getting pr before they process the owp

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
We originally applied in august through a lawyer who forgot paperwork so application got sent back and sat in her office until November then last week after trying to track her down as she had gone on maternity without telling us we found out she 'forgot' to send owp off with the application so why we was on countdown for it and I emailed her asking if any news to which she replied not yet it was never sent (so angry and frustrated we paid for this hoping it would go smooth) anyway we have now been advised it may not be worth sending one off due to possibility getting pr before they process the owp
I'm sorry you had to go through all of this
I advice you send the OWP again just in case your PR took longer than expected which I hope not
If you got your PR before your OWP you can always withdraw your OWP application and get your money back

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I'm sorry you had to go through all of this
I advice you send the OWP again just in case your PR took longer than expected which I hope not
If you got your PR before your OWP you can always withdraw your OWP application and get your money back
And you should ditch that lawyer because obviously she isnt sincere with you
Ditch her and resend your OWP application alone

Ashleigh1234

Jan 16, 2019
And you should ditch that lawyer because obviously she isnt sincere with you
Ditch her and resend your OWP application alone
That is what I suggested but they said no not to bother but I may look more into that thank you a lot more mistakes have been made than just those I have said they have sure made this process a very hard one for us so frustrating we are in the process of trying to get some of our money back and currently still trying to get hold of the original lawyer as she has access to our gckey account so no one else can log on just her would I have to phone immigration to get her took off my file?

Simonesp

Mar 1, 2019
That is what I suggested but they said no not to bother but I may look more into that thank you a lot more mistakes have been made than just those I have said they have sure made this process a very hard one for us so frustrating we are in the process of trying to get some of our money back and currently still trying to get hold of the original lawyer as she has access to our gckey account so no one else can log on just her would I have to phone immigration to get her took off my file?
Wow, I’m so sorry to hear this! I feel your pain literally. This is our lives these ppl are suppose to be professionals. Geno, I agree with you I’ve been able to realize that the consultant is not giving accurate data just based on the info from this forum. Much thanks to everyone who contributes and especially to the main champions

Lithiumwow

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Inland App Received: Nov 20, 2018
AOR: 1 January 2019 App Linked: January 2nd 2019
Med Request: Feb 9, 2019 Med Passed: Feb 19, 2019
BGC Started: -
Anyone in the same boat, not sure when the background check would start.

YvonneP

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Is there any status change? Is it linked online?
all linked...just says in progress. Nothing has changed with our application since it was linked in January (PR) and finally linked in March for OWP. Everything was received November 27th.

YvonneP

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Is there a number we can call to follow-up on the OWP Application?

Timeline:

App received: November 16th
AOR: December 29th
MR: January 28th
Medical passed: March 4th
OWP: still awaiting approval, could not link

I’m quite worried now!
November 27th and still waiting as well...I feel your pain :-(

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Anyone know the likelihood of getting OWP denied once it's been linked? Are they almost guaranteed after 3-4 months?