+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

holy_molly

Star Member
Nov 22, 2021
I can share my experience -

I did medical last year for my PGWP application and it passed.

Then I used the same medical to submit non-EE PNP, I passed medical in Nov 2022 and the expiry date was Jun 3 2023.

Later on May 9 2023 I got everything passed including background check, but soon on May 12 I got re-medical! The status of "medical passed" changed back to "in progress"...

I called on the same day I received medical request, the IRCC agent said as my medical was expiring soon and for some reason I was not eligible to exemption medical, so they could not issue COPR to me unless I re-do medical!
This is crazy. I hope I won't get re-medical.

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Anyone is waiting for portal 2 email from Calgary office? I have been waiting for 9 days but nothing...
Portal2 doesn't indicate office (or atleast for me, I don't see one in the portal2 email). Also, since PNP application that I had submitted was online (same portal), the portal2 email instructed to use the same existing login credentials.. I believe it must be the same for you as well.

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
How long it takes for portal 1 and 2 after PAL
PAL in general indicates your eligibility passed, and if your BGC is also completed (or say all of the assessments are thru) then you can expect portal soon, though how soon? Imagine if IRCC support help desk can't tell you or anyone else about any specfic/approx timeline on portal - how can anyone here on forum tell how long before you get portal?

Your AST and GCkey can give you some hints like seeing DM or CoPR, when you see them, you wait say for few days and then call them, ask on your app assessments status. There many who have DM/CoPR in tracker for literally month(s) however the applicant doesn't receive portal email. This is where calling them helps to know if the portal1 was ever tiggered or not.. and in such cases when everything is cleared, the agent says portal was send/triggered but you as applicant didn't get, agent then (in some cases revalidates your email address) sends note to VO to resend portal1 and hopefully few days later, one gets portal.

How do I know this? I know because a co-worker had DM/CopR 2 months ago, never bothered to call them, then upon calling, got to know above story.

MJHamedi

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
PAL in general indicates your eligibility passed, and if your BGC is also completed (or say all of the assessments are thru) then you can expect portal soon, though how soon? Imagine if IRCC support help desk can't tell you or anyone else about any specfic/approx timeline on portal - how can anyone here on forum tell how long before you get portal?

Your AST and GCkey can give you some hints like seeing DM or CoPR, when you see them, you wait say for few days and then call them, ask on your app assessments status. There many who have DM/CoPR in tracker for literally month(s) however the applicant doesn't receive portal email. This is where calling them helps to know if the portal1 was ever tiggered or not.. and in such cases when everything is cleared, the agent says portal was send/triggered but you as applicant didn't get, agent then (in some cases revalidates your email address) sends note to VO to resend portal1 and hopefully few days later, one gets portal.

How do I know this? I know because a co-worker had DM/CopR 2 months ago, never bothered to call them, then upon calling, got to know above story.
Thank you for your information. Just a quick one. Do you know which email, portal 1,2 are going to be sent?! Since my GCkey email account is different from the email on my application.

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
My file transferred in end of May 2023 so I should wait atleast 3 months further
There is no certainty or any set patterns as such that you wait atleast 3 months or so. It could be even before such time or later - no one knows but I think it all depends on VO from when they start working on your file and how easily they can verify your application which makes assessment progress quicker.

In back of your mind, you might at some point think that what if the app was in EE or a in province that deemed priority processing - there it doesn't matter whether your app is easy to verify or not, the decision is made atleast sooner than non-ee applicant? Well, by the time you understand whats really happening, because there too in EE, things don't move as quick as we think, you will realize its not worth knowing because its not in your control so why give a flying F about it anyways! Summar time will pass in no time, just have good time with family/friends, enough of me giving wisdom thoughts lol.

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Thank you for your information. Just a quick one. Do you know which email, portal 1,2 are going to be sent?! Since my GCkey email account is different from the email on my application.
Portal comes from their official domain ending with "cic.gc.ca". Its best to have one primary email for all, make sure your email address is updated, you can get it updated via webform or by calling them. If you have representative, they're suppose to or will forward the portal correspondence to you for landing.

Reactions: MJHamedi

Etareri111

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
That doesn't make much sense. I applied in April. Only PCC and proof of payment was mandatory. If you don't attach all of them, you get an ADR. Medicals were not mandatory during the application. Never have been before I applied either.
But it was mandatory for me when I wanted to apply for me and my dependent. Because whenever I tried to apply, the portal will highlight that medical space as the reason the application was unable to go through. I applied march even before you did. The only thing I didn't include was RPRF, and it was requested 4 days after my application was submitted. So I guess it's different with everyone.

Last edited:

holy_molly

Star Member
Nov 22, 2021
But it was mandatory for me when I wanted to apply for me and my dependent. Because whenever I tried to apply, the portal will highlight that medical space as the reason the application was unable to go through. I applied march even before you did. The only thing I didn't include was RPRF, and it was requested 4 days after my application was submitted. So I guess it's different with everyone.
Are you sure you applied through Non EE? RPRF is only asked with/after AOR and no-one in Non EE gets their AOR in 4 days after submitting.

Reactions: AMSeq

yslyslysl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Portal2 doesn't indicate office (or atleast for me, I don't see one in the portal2 email). Also, since PNP application that I had submitted was online (same portal), the portal2 email instructed to use the same existing login credentials.. I believe it must be the same for you as well.
I received portal 1 from Calgary VO so I assume something is being worked there...
Honestly I don't know what can I do except waiting... sigh

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
Hello Everyone - I am going to sign off since I feel that I am now losing touch of the current developments with PR applications. I finally received the PR card for my youngest family member recently, two months after eCOPR. This has been agreat forum, that I found very helpful. Good luck to everyone waiting for their PR and I hope your PR journey ends in relief, as did mine.
:)