+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
That's why the HC stream has a lower cap
I'm asking because some International graduates may qualify for the HW and Graduate Pathways and have to choose between both. If there is no BOWP for this policy, it might be in their best interest to apply for the one that will take the least time if their PGWP status is on the line.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
All these are very good points but we simply don't know. And unlike the document list, I don't think we'll know at the time of application.

varin5888

Oct 2, 2017
hello folks my PGWP is expiring in October 2021. as per information we cant apply for BOWP. So there is a another policy going on which is valid until November 27/2021 for 18 months open work permit. can i apply for work permit extension under 18 months policy if i will apply for the new pathway for permanent residency. Thank in advance

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
hello folks my PGWP is expiring in October 2021. as per information we cant apply for BOWP. So there is a another policy going on which is valid until November 27/2021 for 18 months open work permit. can i apply for work permit extension under 18 months policy if i will apply for the new pathway for permanent residency. Thank in advance
Why not ?

Reactions: Micheal737373

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
  • Be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work pursuant to the Act and Regulations at the time the application for permanent residence is received and must not be self-employed, unless working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority. The employment must meet the definition of work under subsection 73(2) of the Regulations;
  • Have attained a level of proficiency of at least benchmark 5 in either official language for each of the four language skill areas, as set out in the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens. This must be demonstrated by the results of an evaluation by an organization or institution designated by the Minister for the purpose of evaluating language proficiency under subsection 74(3) of the Regulations; and the evaluation must be less than two (2) years old when the permanent residence application is received;
  • Reside in Canada with valid temporary resident status (or be eligible to restore their status) and be physically present in Canada at the time the application for permanent residence is received and when the application is approved;
MY QUESTION IS: How is it possible to -- Be eligible to restore status AND Be authorised to work in Canada at the one same time ???

Isn't be eligible to restore status = NOT authorised to work.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
BOWP- bridging open work permit only can be applied only if you have express entry file submitted or based on Pnp
Here...

Since January 27, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has been accepting applications from Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) holders who have seen their permits expire or their permits are about to expire.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/02/up-to-52000-people-eligible-for-new-18-month-canadian-work-permit-0217022.html#gs.zu0yg5

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
MY QUESTION IS: How is it possible to -- Be eligible to restore status AND Be authorised to work in Canada at the one same time ???

Isn't be eligible to restore status = NOT authorised to work.
We don't know. It's what chatty lawyer said - it is confusing.

varin5888

Oct 2, 2017
Here...

Since January 27, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has been accepting applications from Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) holders who have seen their permits expire or their permits are about to expire.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/02/up-to-52000-people-eligible-for-new-18-month-canadian-work-permit-0217022.html#gs.zu0yg5
[/QUOTE
my question is can i apply for work permit extension under this policy if i apply for permanent residency under new pathway

Mel2021

Mar 2, 2021
Toronto
Yes, it is better for you to apply PGWP 18 month extension.

Mel2021

Mar 2, 2021
Toronto
This new policy will not grant any BOWP, so you always need a valid status until the end of the new policy application approval.
I guess you have to observe the new policy process first. If your application in the new policy will be fast enough to finalize before October, you will not need to apply for a PGWP 18 month extension. Around July, you may decide to apply for an extension or not.

Alberta2018

Dec 8, 2020
Hi guys. There is a form Schedule A that need to be uploaded for complete application. It doesn't have enough space and row for long address and personal history. I can't type in the signature too. How can you deal with it ?