+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
I understand that they might not want to go through ineligible applications and open spots in their place, but I do think it would be much better if they were to accept 90 000 people and not 90 000 applications. This way, as soon as one application is deemed ineligible, a spot opens. So spots could pop up over the summer.

And I am not even talking about full application check. Just basic eligibility. This can be checked quickly, I feel.
I concur, like for the international stream the basic check up would be english test, the right school credentials and proof of employment and some pay slips.

Reactions: SatNight

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
That’s so dumb man, this means we have so many people who qualify for the stream but are unable to apply just because the government shut all the business down . I hope they allow people who have been temporarily laid off to apply as well as long as you can prove that you will employed when the lockdown lifts.
If not due to Covid, this stream will never gonna happen. It's just a gift beside CEC and PNP programs.

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
According the chatty lawyer, IRCC will be doing technical briefing tomorrow. We will probably get a little more info then.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I understand that they might not want to go through ineligible applications and open spots in their place, but I do think it would be much better if they were to accept 90 000 people and not 90 000 applications. This way, as soon as one application is deemed ineligible, a spot opens. So spots could pop up over the summer.

And I am not even talking about full application check. Just basic eligibility. This can be checked quickly, I feel.
According to CICnews, applications can just be approved or refused, not incomplete. It's not like EE where they run a completeness check before processing. I guess they're destining resources on processing them ASAP so they don't waste time seeing if the applicants did their research and checked their own eligibility.

Also, apparently, it'll be in a new portal that's separate from the PNP portal.
Any source for this? Any other info? Probably within 24h we'll have another 2.5h livestream announcement with chatty lawyer, maybe 10 mins actual info.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
According to CICnews, applications can just be approved or refused, not incomplete. It's not like EE where they run a completeness check before processing. I guess they're destining resources on processing them ASAP so they don't waste time seeing if the applicants did their research and checked their own eligibility.

Any source for this? Any other info? Probably within 24h we'll have another 2.5h livestream announcement with chatty lawyer, maybe 10 mins actual info.
Apparently he said this in his stream today. He's the only one sticking his neck out so his word is gospel until they are not...

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Apparently he said this in his stream today. He's the only one sticking his neck out so his word is gospel until they are not...
Yeah, it was in his stream today. Man speaks a lot of filler and fluff, but as an immigration lawyer, spreading misinformation will land him in hot water. Pretty much why I'm willing to wade through the streams to find info.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
At least it's some entertainment while we wait. I watched other videos and discovered I must list all of my home country visits since I moved to Canada in my travel history...which I completely overlooked.
Well, you know what they say about broken clocks.

Yeah, it was in his stream today. Man speaks a lot of filler and fluff, but as an immigration lawyer, spreading misinformation will land him in hot water. Pretty much why I'm willing to wade through the streams to find info.
Yeah, I mean we give him a bit of flack around here sometimes, but he does seem to be putting his reputation on the line, which is more than you can say for most consultants/lawyers.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Oh, I don't think he spreads misinformation! I am interested in what he has to say. It's just that he provides very little useful info. It's because nobody knows what's going on, not fully (maybe not even the government, at this point).

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Well, you know what they say about broken clocks.

Yeah, I mean we give him a bit of flack around here sometimes, but he does seem to be putting his reputation on the line, which is more than you can say for most consultants/lawyers.
Oh, I have no doubt he's a professional. Even with the whole marketing thing I can tell he cares, I like how he has the DIY courses for people who can't quite afford 4k per PR application but would rather have some kind of guideline showing how to apply for EE, but most people familiar with IRCC applications should be fine applying on their own.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Do we also think all three streams (Essential Healthcare, Essential Work General and International Graduate) will be processed at the same rate?

Isn't it common knowledge that Canada needs more HC workers hence the creating and fast-tracking the Health-Care Aides pathways?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Do we also think all three streams (Essential Healthcare, Essential Work General and International Graduate) will be processed at the same rate?

Isn't it common knowledge that Canada needs more HC workers hence the creating and fast-tracking the Health-Care Aides pathways?
That's why the HC stream has a lower cap, but I think that more or less the processing will be similar. Those won't be 90k applications in one day.

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021

I'd imagine they'd all go at the same rate anyway. There are some fresh graduates in HC that don't meet the 1 year eligibility for the HC stream (like me) that they'd want to fast track the graduate stream as well.