+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
Any advice on PCC? I called the embassy of my country and they said it takes about 90 days to issue it! This is the only missing document I don't have.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Hi guys. There is a form Schedule A that need to be uploaded for complete application. It doesn't have enough space and row for long address and personal history. I can't type in the signature too. How can you deal with it ?
What program/stream you are in ?
Hope experience ppls may help .

Last edited:

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
You should submit a proof that you applied to get your police certificate. Do they give you some sort of a receipt or a confirmation that they received your request?

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
You should submit a proof that you applied to get your police certificate. Do they give you some sort of a receipt or a confirmation that they received your request?
No, but there's an application that I should fill out, and I can show the mail receipt. Does that work? Does it usually work with people?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
hello folks my PGWP is expiring in October 2021. as per information we cant apply for BOWP. So there is a another policy going on which is valid until November 27/2021 for 18 months open work permit. can i apply for work permit extension under 18 months policy if i will apply for the new pathway for permanent residency. Thank in advance
Yes, just wait until you're within the 4 months deadline and apply for the PGWP+ extension

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I think they say you should demonstrate that you tried to obtain the certificate.
For other documents, I've sent mine to translate/certificate and they're being sent back to me today but I'm afraid I won't get them in time for the stream opening. In that case, should I just upload the untranslated version and send the translation via webform later on? The document I'm missing is my National ID btw.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
https://www.canadianimmigrationinstitute.com/tr-to-pr-pathway-registration

Did anyone actually register for this course? Don't know if it's legit or not given no one really knows the details of applying for this program.
It's legit, but it's a very superficial course in the sense it gets updated as more information is released. If you're not very familiar with PR applications and forms you might benefit from it, some people here have been buying it in groups to split the cost.

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
https://www.canadianimmigrationinstitute.com/tr-to-pr-pathway-registration

Did anyone actually register for this course? Don't know if it's legit or not given no one really knows the details of applying for this program.
It's definitely more of a course on how to fill up the potential forms we will have to submit, plus the promise of being the first to hear what the IRCC says in their technical briefings with the immigration lawyers. It'll all trickle down to those outside the group but folks who want a little more guidance might want it, especially in understanding what the policy says.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
According to CICnews, applications can just be approved or refused, not incomplete. It's not like EE where they run a completeness check before processing. I guess they're destining resources on processing them ASAP so they don't waste time seeing if the applicants did their research and checked their own eligibility.

Any source for this? Any other info? Probably within 24h we'll have another 2.5h livestream announcement with chatty lawyer, maybe 10 mins actual info.
I was right! Livestream in 2h. At this pace, this will be the shortest week of my life.

mikeymyke

Apr 24, 2021
I hope it's true that the application is either refused or approved. Would hate to have a bunch of desperate, ineligible people apply and flood the website, just like how they did with the parent/grandparent sponsorship a few years ago.