+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I hope it's true that the application is either refused or approved. Would hate to have a bunch of desperate, ineligible people apply and flood the website, just like how they did with the parent/grandparent sponsorship a few years ago.
To avoid that I think IRCC's best shot is to replicate EE's application wizard. So if you don't have your IELTS score and # number in hand the system finds you ineligible. If it's not that, I think they might have a queue system to register.

fohu

Jul 28, 2016
  • Be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work pursuant to the Act and Regulations at the time the application for permanent residence is received and must not be self-employed, unless working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority. The employment must meet the definition of work under subsection 73(2) of the Regulations;
  • Have attained a level of proficiency of at least benchmark 5 in either official language for each of the four language skill areas, as set out in the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens. This must be demonstrated by the results of an evaluation by an organization or institution designated by the Minister for the purpose of evaluating language proficiency under subsection 74(3) of the Regulations; and the evaluation must be less than two (2) years old when the permanent residence application is received;
  • Reside in Canada with valid temporary resident status (or be eligible to restore their status) and be physically present in Canada at the time the application for permanent residence is received and when the application is approved;
MY QUESTION IS: How is it possible to -- Be eligible to restore status AND Be authorised to work in Canada at the one same time ???

Isn't be eligible to restore status = NOT authorised to work.
I got confused when I read it first time you are right but I think there is a missing comma in this sentence if we break it down the sentence is.

Be employed in Canada, with a valid permit or (be employed in canada with) authorization to work

As a conclusion you need to have a job.

Reactions: Tomican

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Incase anyone's interested, our Lawyer friend is hosting a stream in about one hour. He did say yesterday that there was a technical briefing with IRCC today so maybe he's been able to get more details.

Come with a lot of coffee though as he'll most likely waffle about for the better part of it with the occasional insight sprinkled in between.

Also, make sure not to post "cheeky" messages in the chat, we don't want him taking it as a personal insult and going off tangent. Remember we are not buying his course so he has no obligation to be nice to us.

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Incase anyone's interested, our Lawyer friend is hosting a stream in about one hour. He did say yesterday that there was a technical briefing with IRCC today so maybe he's been able to get more details.

Come with a lot of coffee though as he'll most likely waffle about for the better part of it with the occasional insight sprinkled in between.

Also, make sure not to post "cheeky" messages in the chat, we don't want him taking it as a personal insult and going off tangent. Remember we are not buying his course so he has no obligation to be nice to us.
I'm torn because I want to find out as soon as possible if there's anything new, but I also don't think I can stay awake for a 2 hour livestream XD

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto

This, be respectful.

Whether you like him or not, he's the only person out there talking about the briefings. Other people talking about this use the "we don't know yet" shield. If he knows more than he says, it's probably because there's some degree of confidentiality in those technical briefings and IRCC is probably still changing things.

Hopefully we'll get an answer about processing times, document checklists, eligibility and the BOWP issue. If anyone has the course, could you guys say if there are any updates in the super-secret Facebook group?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I'm torn because I want to find out as soon as possible if there's anything new, but I also don't think I can stay awake for a 2 hour livestream XD
I know, I am joining an important zoom call at work during that time as well, but I'll be connecting to his on the side, who knows what could drop.

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
This, be respectful.

Whether you like him or not, he's the only person out there talking about the briefings. Other people talking about this use the "we don't know yet" shield. If he knows more than he says, it's probably because there's some degree of confidentiality in those technical briefings and IRCC is probably still changing things.

Hopefully we'll get an answer about processing times, document checklists, eligibility and the BOWP issue. If anyone has the course, could you guys say if there are any updates in the super-secret Facebook group?
There's a super secret Facebook group? I joined the discord channel that was posted here, but have no idea how to find this Facebook group. Does anyone have a name or link?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Summary of the livestream so far:

1- The PR portal for PNP, AIPP is NOT the one fir new pathways, it's going to have its own page
2- Ineligible people's applications will be processed to the very end, refused and won't give you the money back (no R10 completeness check)
3- There's absolutely no way around the language test
4- The portal is going to be separate, among other things, to handle the flood of potential applicants on May 6th
5- There's an application wizard that will prevent ineligible people from applying, if they try to lie to apply. Lying = misrepresentation and 5 year ban
6- There's potentially a "proof you're residing in Canada" section
7- The system is not very representative-friendly
8- We probably won't get the checklist until May 6th
9- No BOWP so far, but IRCC will probably have some sort of work permit
10- Medical and PCC might not be required upfront, but people with valid Medical exams will be processed differently
11- They're aiming to process the first chunk of applications (let's say, May applicants) before the end of the year
12- There will be a spot for uploading supporting documents, even though LOE, Medical and PCC are not necessary upfront you might be able to submit them upon applying.
13- This stream is a one-time thing, chances are there won't be anything like this in the future so if you're eligible go for it

Bonus: He mentioned his course no less than 26 29 32 times, but claims not to be hoarding the information exclusively for them

For now, I'm a bit less hyped about this program. We have 0 idea on how long it'll take to process these applications and if you make a small mistake because you're nervous while applying, you won't know until you application is refused (maybe 6-10 months into the process).

Last edited:

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
For all the documents (passport, PCC, forms, etc) does anyone know if there are separate upload slots for principal applicant and spouse or I should combine the documents in one file (For example one passport file that contains both passports)?

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Summary of the livestream so far:

1- The PR portal for PNP, AIPP is NOT the one fir new pathways, it's going to have its own page
2- Ineligible people's applications will be processed to the very end, refused and won't give you the money back (no R10 completeness check)
3- There's absolutely no way around the language test
4- The portal is going to be separate, among other things, to handle the flood of potential applicants on May 6th
5- There's an application wizard that will prevent ineligible people from applying, if they try to lie to apply. Lying = misrepresentation and 5 year ban
6- There's potentially a "proof you're residing in Canada" section
7- The system is not very representative-friendly
8- We probably won't get the checklist until May 6th
9- No BOWP so far, but IRCC will probably have some sort of work permit
10- Medical and PCC might not be required upfront, but people with valid Medical exams will be processed differently
11- They're aiming to process the first chunk of applications (let's say, May applicants) before the end of the year
12- There will be a spot for uploading supporting documents, even though LOE, Medical and PCC are not necessary upfront you might be able to submit them upon applying.
13- This stream is a one-time thing, chances are there won't be anything like this in the future so if you're eligible go for it

Bonus: He mentioned his course no less than 26 29 32 times, but claims not to be hoarding the information exclusively for them

For now, I'm a bit less hyped about this program. We have 0 idea on how long it'll take to process these applications and if you make a small mistake because you're nervous while applying, you won't know until you application is refused (maybe 6-10 months into the process).
Thanks for sharing the summary, saved me 2 hours of watching the stream :D What I can't find is what happens if someone applies to both CEC and the new program? I called immigration and they said they'll process both normally but I'm not sure if the call center agents are always accurate.