+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

Mel2021

Mar 2, 2021
Toronto
In the PNP Application, there is a question "what is your immigration status". It gives a choice to pick:
  • Citizen
  • Permanent resident
  • Visitor
  • Worker
  • Student
  • Other
  • Protected Person
  • Refugee Claimant
  • Foreign National
I am on WP, and confused between "Worker" and "Foreign National". What is your suggest?
You should choose "worker" cause you have a valid status in Canada.
Foreign national does not have any valid status in Canada. She/he resides in their home country

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Also guys I know emotions are running high, everyone is stressed, this is life-changing for many, but in reality, we don't know for sure what is going to happen. Remember, this didn't exist two weeks ago and we were going on with your lives as usual. Just prepare what you can, be ready, consider this an opportunity and try your best. Don't put the weight of all this on you, as long as you do your best that's enough. If you don't get it, it's okay. Opportunities will show up.
good point. Ppl are just going insane if they dont qualify for the new stream and tried to assume a million things that dont exist. Lol

Reactions: rambag98

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
good point. Ppl are just going insane if they dont qualify for the new stream and tried to assume a million things that dont exist. Lol
Many people are desperate and see this as their only shot, so I understand all the craziness going on right now, some people are convincing themselves they're eligible or that if they don't have IELTS/CELPIP on May 6th they can just upload a LOE and upload their results later.

I just really hope IRCC updates us a bit before the stream actually opens, so we can see the full eligibility criteria before applying.

xjunkratx

Aug 6, 2017
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
WhiteHorse
Many people are desperate and see this as their only shot, so I understand all the craziness going on right now, some people are convincing themselves they're eligible or that if they don't have IELTS/CELPIP on May 6th they can just upload a LOE and upload their results later.

I just really hope IRCC updates us a bit before the stream actually opens, so we can see the full eligibility criteria before applying.
Yep, having more information at least a couple days before is really important. Meanwhile we can only gather important documents and fill the general forms.

if there is a separate portal that is introduced for this program, I believe it might have you put in a lot of qualifying information in a questionnaire format. Which could in theory accelerate the process as there won’t be much an ircc officer have to comb through to process an application.

Reactions: rambag98

Auroraca

Apr 20, 2021
You should choose "worker" cause you have a valid status in Canada.
Foreign national does not have any valid status in Canada. She/he resides in their home country
If I’ll see the same question on May 6th, What will I choose: Worker or Student or ...?

I’m waiting for PGWP response after graduating from university and currently working.

Please advise, thank you.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
If I’ll see the same question on May 6th, What will I choose: Worker or Student or ...?

I’m waiting for PGWP response after graduating from university and currently working.

Please advise, thank you.
Your study permit cease to exit after you get letter of graduation from the institution. If you have submitted application for PWGP, then you are on implied status, which means you are Worker.

Reactions: Mel2021

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Generic application for canada, schedule A, additional family info, and supp travel info.. is what I think general are.. anyone else like to add?
This package is for PNP, but new-pathway may add more or less.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-package-provincial-nominees.html

I think the important is to prepare the documents since no one knows the application forms until May 6 :) .

Reactions: hhzara

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/trpr-language-testing.html

Anything new in this release? It talks about language test not being older than two years.
Basically that, and that if you have a valid result you don't need to get a new test for this stream AND you don't need to wait for the physical test report to arrive, back in November when I took IELTS I got the results online around 10 days after, but I didn't get a physical copy until January.

And well, it looks like the language testing requirement won't be waived to anyone, so no LOE or application extensions.