+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

zhangw32

May 30, 2020
Guys,
Can I re-use my education-related documents that I used for the PGWP application last year 2020 June? Or, should I get a new one?
Also other than the "confirmation of graduation" and "official transcript" , do I need anything else?

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
One of the eligibility conditions is to be present in Canada. Does it mean we can't even travel to home country on paid vacation?

Preet chahal

Nov 13, 2017
Hi there, i am on open work permit currently doing two jobs one is comes under noc B and another is comes under noc D and i applied for spouse open work permit on 15 april 2021 and showed my noc B job ..now is it possible that can i apply for pr under new policy by showing my noc d job or i need to show my both job.

Due to covid my construction job is closed so at present can i show my noc d job to apply under new policy for international graduates???????
Plz response

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Got my IELTS results in 3 days. If someone's doing their tests, highly suggest the computer version, results are quick.

Reactions: techknull

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Yes, that's the whole point, be employed. If that wasn't an option they would've said graduates as long as they graduated they can employ, but, they put a condition of employment.
Would it mean being in the same job for the whole period or one could be in one job at the time of application and if probably laid of later but gets another job say after a month or so

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Got my IELTS results in 3 days. If someone's doing their tests, highly suggest the computer version, results are quick.
That's good news and I hope they don't slow down around May. I should be getting my results on May 5 or 6 but I worry the TRF number will take a while.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
We really need some clarification soon, otherwise rumours will start to spread and immigration gurus will promise they have all the forms, will offer early program registration or scripts/bots in exchange for money. It could be because of age, work permit expiry, low IELTS score, etc but this program is some people's only shot at PR. Some are desperate.

I can't believe how IRCC didn't consider that possibility, I personally think they should have waited a couple weeks to get their guidelines set and only announce the program when they were confident the information would be accessible and easy to understand for everyone, even if that meant having to push the stream opening date one or two weeks back into May.

Reactions: hhzara

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
We really need some clarification soon, otherwise rumours will start to spread and immigration gurus will promise they have all the forms, will offer early program registration or scripts/bots in exchange for money. It could be because of age, work permit expiry, low IELTS score, etc but this program is some people's only shot at PR. Some are desperate.

I can't believe how IRCC didn't consider that possibility, I personally think they should have waited a couple weeks to get their guidelines set and only announce the program when they were confident the information would be accessible and easy to understand for everyone, even if that meant having to push the stream opening date one or two weeks back into May.

I saw the fees for the TR to PR with Mark Holthe, it's $ 4000 !!!!!

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I saw the fees for the TR to PR with Mark Holthe, it's $ 4000 !!!!!
The guy is also selling a +$300 "course" to prepare for this stream, he plays the "I know something you don't". Many people were excited to watch that livestream but a solid 70% was just marketing fluff, 20% guidelines that have been already published and a 10% speculation on how the stream is going to work.

All of this has been mentioned there, including the possibility of using the same portal as PNP and AIPP and having a similar checklist, which is common sense because that's how pilot programs work. As of today, we still don't have approximate processing times, we don't know anything about the processing capacity and some eligibility requirements have vague wording, then there's the BOWP issue.

It doesn't help the fact that IRCC social media team only has generic answers and avoids questions about the new streams, saying they'll provide more details in May. Let me guess, they'll provide more details the day the stream opens but people will be so hyped with FOMO that they won't read the program information until after they've applied.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
The guy is also selling a +$300 "course" to prepare for this stream, he plays the "I know something you don't". Many people were excited to watch that livestream but a solid 70% was just marketing fluff, 20% guidelines that have been already published and a 10% speculation on how the stream is going to work.

All of this has been mentioned there, including the possibility of using the same portal as PNP and AIPP and having a similar checklist, which is common sense because that's how pilot programs work. As of today, we still don't have approximate processing times, we don't know anything about the processing capacity and some eligibility requirements have vague wording, then there's the BOWP issue.

It doesn't help the fact that IRCC social media team only has generic answers and avoids questions about the new streams, saying they'll provide more details in May. Let me guess, they'll provide more details the day the stream opens but people will be so hyped with FOMO that they won't read the program information until after they've applied.
I don't think that even they know everything government I mean.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I know, right? It was a disappointment. But then I saw some people's questions - they asked stuff that has been answered numerous times. Although many people asked very sound questions, too.

The only thing he mentioned (that was nowhere else to be found) is the counter of how many remaining applications are left, and that you need to be employed when you are approved. He also confirmed that people on study permit are eligible. That was it. It could have been said in 5-10 minutes.

Reactions: rambag98

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I know, right? It was a disappointment. But then I saw some people's questions - they asked stuff that has been answered numerous times. Although many people asked very sound questions, too.

The only thing he mentioned (that was nowhere else to be found) is the counter of how many remaining applications are left, and that you need to be employed when you are approved. He also confirmed that people on study permit are eligible. That was it. It could have been said in 5-10 minutes.
I guess we can only wait for now, but I personally have to make a decision soon on whether to apply for this or CEC, and what's going to determine my future is the BOWP possibility and processing times...Which of course we don't know yet.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
I guess we can only wait for now, but I personally have to make a decision soon on whether to apply for this or CEC, and what's going to determine my future is the BOWP possibility and processing times...Which of course we don't know yet.
I think CEC is going to lower their points in the future, they are focused to give PRs to as much people who are currently in Canada, working, being international students...