+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
I guess we can only wait for now, but I personally have to make a decision soon on whether to apply for this or CEC, and what's going to determine my future is the BOWP possibility and processing times...Which of course we don't know yet.
I am in a similar situation. I will be eligible for CEC at the end of May and I am not sure whether I should jump in for this new PR stream or wait for CEC. If I miss any documents for the May 6th application and IRCC takes a couple of months just to review it, then my time would be wasted.

Reactions: rambag98

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
I am in a similar situation. I will be eligible for CEC at the end of May and I am not sure whether I should jump in for this new PR stream or wait for CEC. If I miss any documents for the May 6th application and IRCC takes a couple of months just to review it, then my time would be wasted.
Definitely CEC bro. New stream is not Express Entry, so the processing time is longer than CEC (I guess)

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
The thing is that being eligible for CEC doesn't necessarily mean that one would get a PR. There is ranking. There's no ranking for this stream.

Reactions: kloppity

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
The thing is that being eligible for CEC doesn't necessarily mean that one would get a PR. There is ranking. There's no ranking for this stream.
It is very easy to get an invitation for CEC nowadays, at least for me. If I apply, I'm sure I would get the ITA within a month as the CRS threshold is about 420 now. That's why I'm not sure whether I should wait for CEC or apply for this.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
My wife will be eligible for CEC either at the end of June or early September. We fear something might change and that this score would not be enough.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
My wife will be eligible for CEC either at the end of June or early September. We fear something might change and that this score would not be enough.
In that case, it's best if you apply for this stream. However, I am sure that the travel restrictions will remain until the end of June or even later which means that IRCC will continue to invite CEC applicants only and that would keep the CRS threshold low.

If you are applying for this stream, just make sure that all the documents are submitted and you don't miss anything.

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Yea that's what scares me the most. We don't know how long they would take to process applications from this new program.
Yeah I will get one year in June and my CRS is 478, so I just wait. Unless the new program is taking same speed as CEC Lol.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Let's hope the quota doesn't get filled in the first week :)
Yeah. Thank you for the encouragement! We will keep trying. We started with June 4 so this is a much better date.

To be honest, I am not sure what to expect, or how long it would take to fill out the quota for international graduate stream.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
It is very easy to get an invitation for CEC nowadays, at least for me. If I apply, I'm sure I would get the ITA within a month as the CRS threshold is about 420 now. That's why I'm not sure whether I should wait for CEC or apply for this.
Same, I’m afraid of waiting 2 extra weeks for CEC and then FSW resuming and boom, +480 cutoff again. Some people also argue that less requirements = less processing time

Riri15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
For French speakers pls anyone update
Hey Julia, sorry your question isn't clear enough. Pourrais-tu le dire en français pour qu'on puisse mieux te comprendre et t'aider à trouver ta réponse? Envisages-tu de faire ta demande comme récents diplômés ou travailleurs essentiels?