+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Many people are desperate and see this as their only shot, so I understand all the craziness going on right now, some people are convincing themselves they're eligible or that if they don't have IELTS/CELPIP on May 6th they can just upload a LOE and upload their results later.

I just really hope IRCC updates us a bit before the stream actually opens, so we can see the full eligibility criteria before applying.
so if this stream did not exist like 2 weeks ago, how could they get PR ? I just wonder :D

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
I was reading the requirements for the 1 year of experience workers and I have a question.
If I have the Canadian experience in one of the NOC but I am currently working in a NOC that is not included in the list, Am I still eligible? It says that I have to be currently working...right?

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Basically that, and that if you have a valid result you don't need to get a new test for this stream AND you don't need to wait for the physical test report to arrive, back in November when I took IELTS I got the results online around 10 days after, but I didn't get a physical copy until January.

And well, it looks like the language testing requirement won't be waived to anyone, so no LOE or application extensions.
Yeah the two year thing isn't a new thing I don't know why they put that there like it's new, but the idea that you can use online portal results saves people a few days or weeks.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Yeah the two year thing isn't a new thing I don't know why they put that there like it's new, but the idea that you can use online portal results saves people a few days or weeks.
Maybe IRCC is a step ahead of ineligible people thinking,oh I can use my old IELTS result and just submit and LOE for now.

Idk why IRCC had to explain one part of the stream and leave everything else in a dilemma, could’ve just thrown out the forms or in depth requirements.

Julia.jenn4

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
Somebody please check n let me know as should course of study dvs 1800 be in annex a or only work please this topic is overlooked

Mel2021

Mar 2, 2021
Toronto
Thks Mel.
I am confused because IRCC uses "Foreign nationals" in the public policy on April 12.

Notes: Immigrant status of person
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3Var.pl?Function=DEC&Id=103339
I understand that it is quite conflicting. The title is "
They use "foreign national" as a term.
I assume they are trying to state people. This is not a status such as a student, worker ..etc.

barefoot00

Apr 15, 2021
I understand that it is quite conflicting. The title is "
They use "foreign national" as a term.
I assume they are trying to state people. This is not a status such as a student, worker ..etc.
If you're not Canadian, you're automatically a foreign national. Some foreign nationals have other status as well. Like workers or students. If you are a foreign national who is a student, for example, then you are considered a student.

If you have no kind of visa in Canada, then you're just a foreign national. But it you have a status, then you are referred to as that status.

The title says foreign national because the "be authorized to work and employed" condition also applies to people who have implied status. So they are technically just foreign nationals but they are allowed to work because they have already applied for a work permit.

They can also be exempt from work permit requirement but still be foreign nationals. For example, if you own a mine in Canada and are from a country that doesn't need visitor visa, you can come to Canada and do work relating to your mine without any kind of visa. So you are authorized to work but considered a foreign national because you don't have a status.

Reactions: Mel2021 and Tomican

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
My quick thoughts after surfing this thread:

- they did not mention that you need to be full-time, which means that if you are on a Study Permit that allows you to work part-time, you are eligible.
- however, you need to meet education requirements, which means that if you have a degree awarded by a Canadian institution that fulfills part (b) in terms of length or level of education, let’s say you have a BA and now you are studying for a Master degree, then (I guess) you qualify. If the program you are in right now is the only one, you are of course do not meet education requirements although you may meet requirements for employment.
- those who are going to foresee an eligibility for CEC, think it twice before applying because who knows until when the cap is met. Let’s assume you can apply under CEC by July and you rush to apply for this stream in May. Unfortunately for some reasons until Oct or Nov IRCC can close the portal and starts processing a while after that, then how much time you will need to wait? It does not mention the fact that no time processing guaranteed.

again, this is just a quick thought. Hopefully IRCC will be clear themselves in May so that we all can make a good decision.