+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PGWP Expires Jan 27th, 2023 (After New Extension Policy)

MARCHDOT

Jan 16, 2023
Hi, Is there anybody who can help me for this. I visited one lawyer and he said if your PGWP is expiring you can apply to extend it. He mentioned Implied Status. Although i know and told him, that i have heard its not right thing to do. But he said i will be on implied status for at least 6 months and there will be no affect on my file. He also mentioned that the response from immigration will be rejection for extension but i can work for at least 6 months, and can figure out what step should i take .My WP is expiring 11 March 2023, Score-440 (CEC) and i was thinking to go on visitor record but my Express Entry profile is expiring in this June, and i don't think so i can renew it if i will be on visitor status. Please anybody help me.

Anirudh121

May 13, 2017
in same boat pgwp expiring in sep this year, thinking to apply for extension as well.
Ircc has rekt us all big this time.

Rostalrand

Mar 4, 2023
I am also on the same boat. My pgwp expires this June. CRS score is 457. Not sure what to do since I have only 3 months left.

sampaul

Star Member
Feb 21, 2023
Hi All,

Everyone who's PGWP is goin to expire please apply for work permit extension.
The processing time is 158 days and from the day you apply it online you guys will be on implied status.

You guys can continue working till the decision is made on your application. It will buy you some more time. Around 6 months.

Guys, I think this is the only option to keep a valid status for working.

Also, please try to reach out to your local MPs(member of parliament) and explain your situation. Only they can address this problems directly to government/minister.

Lets hope for the best.

Even I am on the boat and my WP expires in October.

Here is the link to details page in IRCC website regarding this.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html

Thanks

Reactions: Thatsnotmyname

Chenna12

Mar 7, 2023
My PGWP got expired on Jan 29, 2023, there is no point in requesting them with a letter for extension, they wont even consider your application, simply they ll refuse. I am under restoration, applied for visit visa to remain some status at least in Canada.. I m
Not authorised to work, so i have stopped working.. Hope for the best for visit visa atleast to get some time and try for LMIA jobs

i contacted few consultancies, asking 20k to 40K, its waste of time and money.. IRCC is thinking about the renewal on PGWP extension, the news is speculating now, lets hope for the best for the extension of public policy renewal

sampaul

Star Member
Feb 21, 2023
My PGWP got expired on Jan 29, 2023, there is no point in requesting them with a letter for extension, they wont even consider your application, simply they ll refuse. I am under restoration, applied for visit visa to remain some status at least in Canada.. I m
Not authorised to work, so i have stopped working.. Hope for the best for visit visa atleast to get some time and try for LMIA jobs

i contacted few consultancies, asking 20k to 40K, its waste of time and money.. IRCC is thinking about the renewal on PGWP extension, the news is speculating now, lets hope for the best for the extension of public policy renewal
Why didn't you choose to apply for extension? Any particular reason behind it?

Chenna12

Mar 7, 2023
Why didn't you choose to apply for an extension? Any particular reason behind it?
ZWAA

Actually, I applied for a PGWP extension on Sept 2022, but I haven't received any news till Jan 30th, 2023, My visa got expired on Jan 29th, 2023, As per the letter from IRCC, I m not authorized to work and I should apply for restoration visa to maintain status. then on Jan 31st, I have applied for restoration visit visa

sampaul

Star Member
Feb 21, 2023
ZWAA

Actually, I applied for a PGWP extension on Sept 2022, but I haven't received any news till Jan 30th, 2023, My visa got expired on Jan 29th, 2023, As per the letter from IRCC, I m not authorized to work and I should apply for restoration visa to maintain status. then on Jan 31st, I have applied for restoration visit visa
If you are applied for the WP extension and no decision has made on your application, means you are still on implied status and you can continue work until a decision is made on your application. (According to IRCC)

Reactions: novemberrain

Chenna12

Mar 7, 2023
If you are applied for the WP extension and no decision has made on your application, means you are still on implied status and you can continue work until a decision is made on your application. (According to IRCC)

No dear, In the letter I received on Jan 30, they clearly mentioned that I m not authorize to work until the decision made on the restoration visa

sampaul

Star Member
Feb 21, 2023
No dear, In the letter I received on Jan 30, they clearly mentioned that I m not authorize to work until the decision made on the restoration visa
So whats the status of your work permit extension application? Thats what I am thinking. Am I missing something here?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So whats the status of your work permit extension application? Thats what I am thinking. Am I missing something here?
OP didn't qualify for the extension but applied anyway. This is almost certainly why IRCC has told them they are out of status now.

Chenna12

Mar 7, 2023
I can explain to you clearly,

1) I engaged with the worst consultancy ever in my life, I met them on Sept 18, 2022, and explained to them about my PGWP is going to be expired on Jan 29, 2023. They said we have a public policy and can request them with a nice letter, they applied with a letter and all attachments, and I got an authorization letter stating that no employer can ask me anything till Jan 11, 2023. I haven't received any letter from IRCC till Jan 11, 2023. The consultancy again applied for requesting an extension on Jan 29, 2023, unexpectedly I received the letter from IRCC very next day on Jan 30, 2023, which clearly mentioned that I have applied for the wrong public policy and I won't come under this category and I am not authorized to work until the decision made for the application that I have applied on Jan 30, 2023

sampaul

Star Member
Feb 21, 2023
OP didn't qualify for the extension but applied anyway. This is almost certainly why IRCC has told them they are out of status now.
So you are saying even if someone applied for the work permit extension before PGWP expires, I
I can explain to you clearly,

1) I engaged with the worst consultancy ever in my life, I met them on Sept 18, 2022, and explained to them about my PGWP is going to be expired on Jan 29, 2023. They said we have a public policy and can request them with a nice letter, they applied with a letter and all attachments, and I got an authorization letter stating that no employer can ask me anything till Jan 11, 2023. I haven't received any letter from IRCC till Jan 11, 2023. The consultancy again applied for requesting an extension on Jan 29, 2023, unexpectedly I received the letter from IRCC very next day on Jan 30, 2023, which clearly mentioned that I have applied for the wrong public policy and I won't come under this category and I am not authorized to work until the decision made for the application that I have applied on Jan 30, 2023
So sorry to hear that you had gone through this. I can understand the situation.
I am not trying to prove anyone wrong here. Just wanted to say that the procedure you have gone through might have different from what I am suggesting here.

If you look at these video and gone through this link, you will get a better idea how things could have worked.

PLEASE note that its not a letter that we are sending to IRCC nor its a public policy that we apply under.

IT IS an application through our IRCC account (just like we applied for work permit/ express entry.)

Video :

IRCC website Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html

I hope this helps others who is going through same situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So you are saying even if someone applied for the work permit extension before PGWP expires,
As I read it, the OP applied for the extension last year with a PGWP expiring this year. PGWP expiring in 2023 do not qualify under the public policy. OP should post the full letter received from IRCC. However my expectation is that IRCC has told the OP they are out of status (and effecitvely rejected the extension) since they don't qualify under the policy. But again, we need to see the full communication. It would make sense for the OP to be rejected / refused.