+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PGWP Expires Jan 27th, 2023 (After New Extension Policy)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Guys,

I am also in the same boat my PGWP expires on 10th March 2023. Are we allowed to apply for open work permit and do they get approved?
You are not eligible for an open work permit unless you get ITA and AOR by then. You need a LMIA from your employer to apply for a closed work permit.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Good day,
Just way to see if you could get your PGWP extended? The EE draws are on pause and all PGWP holders are having these kind of issues.
Thanks a lot and good luck
Although I don’t think you will get the application approved without a policy, maybe applying it can be a good idea as it gives you maintained status for a few months (before it’s refused) and you might get EE ITA within that time

Duygu1.

Jan 14, 2023
Hi guys, so my PGWP expires January 27, 2023 but the new extension policy only seems to consider expired PGWP up until Dec 31st, 2022.

• I’m considering just applying to renew my PGWP anyways (under this PGWP extension policy they have going on) and add a letter of explanation detailing my situation? Is this adviceable to do?

I have no other option on what to do since there’s nothing catered towards permits expiring beyond 2022 and mine unfortunately expires 27days after.

Is anyone else is my situation? And if so what measures have you taken or are planning to take?

Thank you in advance.
Hey,
Could you please let us know what the result is? Did it work?

Reactions: Sachin J

achsah346

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi gyz please please help me my pgwp is expiring on March 12 th 2023 i am planning to apply for the extension of my pgwp i know it will be rejected but i need to know will i get that 120 days WP -EXT letter after submitting the application which i can show to my employer and i can keep working for those 120 days until i get a decision on my pgwp extension.
So atleast i will be on implied status to ask for more time.

Did anyone know about this ?

Sachin J

Apr 7, 2018
Hi Guys,
Can someone please confirm if this works...? Do we get the implied status to work for an employer in Canada?
@MAJCanada ... can you please let us know if any decision was made on your application?

kasra545

Sep 22, 2021
Although I don’t think you will get the application approved without a policy, maybe applying it can be a good idea as it gives you maintained status for a few months (before it’s refused) and you might get EE ITA within that time
This is misrepresentation. You know you're not eligible for that but you're still applying for one to trick the system?? This types of comments are not helpful to anyone.

ZezeB

Feb 3, 2022
Hi gyz please please help me my pgwp is expiring on March 12 th 2023 i am planning to apply for the extension of my pgwp i know it will be rejected but i need to know will i get that 120 days WP -EXT letter after submitting the application which i can show to my employer and i can keep working for those 120 days until i get a decision on my pgwp extension.
So atleast i will be on implied status to ask for more time.

Did anyone know about this ?
Hi,
Did you go through with this. I am in the same boat as you and I am considering doing it this way

MARCHDOT

Jan 16, 2023
My WP is expiring 10 march 2023, I am looking for LMIA but its not easy to find employer who don't ask for money. I have talked to several employers and lawyers but every single of them asking $15k to $25k . now i am looking for visitor record, at least i will be at maintained valid status.

JASKARANDHS

Dec 12, 2020
Mississauga
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
If you are looking to extend your stay in Canada, you can apply for a visitor record, which will allow you to maintain valid status while you search for a new employer or opportunity.

***It is important to be cautious of individuals or companies who ask for large amounts of money to help you obtain a work permit or a visitor record in Canada. Such practices are often illegal and can result in serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and being barred from entering Canada in the future.

It is also important to be aware of any immigration scams, which may involve individuals or companies that promise to secure immigration documents for you in exchange for a fee, but fail to deliver the promised services.

MARCHDOT

Jan 16, 2023
If you are looking to extend your stay in Canada, you can apply for a visitor record, which will allow you to maintain valid status while you search for a new employer or opportunity.

***It is important to be cautious of individuals or companies who ask for large amounts of money to help you obtain a work permit or a visitor record in Canada. Such practices are often illegal and can result in serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and being barred from entering Canada in the future.

It is also important to be aware of any immigration scams, which may involve individuals or companies that promise to secure immigration documents for you in exchange for a fee, but fail to deliver the promised services.
YES, That's why i am thinking to go with visitor record, if nothing happens before my work permit. Well, i hope they bring the extension policy, because draw for CEC specially for applicants under 450 points is difficult . Extension would really help all of us.