+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PGWP Expires Jan 27th, 2023 (After New Extension Policy)

Slim_shady

Jul 10, 2018
https://plus1news.ca/blog/pgwp-extension-2023/
Well, I don't know this is true or not, but its a bit relief. Because mine is expiring this Friday

10th march. I am losing my job in 2 days. But i cannot be even upset about it, its affecting my health now. So, all my mates who are in same situation, stay positive, you cannot do anything for things which are out of our control. And its never happened that someone went back home after spending there crucial years and money in Canada, and when the fault is with Canadian Immigration. So, there will be for sure any solution on the way.
I saw that too. Not sure, how authentic that blog post is. Anyways, good luck man. Thanks for the help

Reactions: MARCHDOT

Chenna12

Mar 7, 2023
My PGWP expired on Jan 2, 2023, and if they don't announce anything about the renewal of extension then it would be a huge problem for me, I already lost my job and its very difficult to survive here with my wife and 2 years kid

MARCHDOT

Jan 16, 2023
My PGWP expired on Jan 2, 2023, and if they don't announce anything about the renewal of extension then it would be a huge problem for me, I already lost my job and its very difficult to survive here with my wife and 2 years kid
I can feel it bro, I am in same situation . I don’t know What IRCC doing. They have surplus in Staff, but still they cannot deal with Backlog.

Slim_shady

Jul 10, 2018
Are we supposed have any update today on CEC or PNP draws? I guess, I will move back to home. Cannot afford after quiting the job.

Akash96

Mar 15, 2023
Are we supposed have any update today on CEC or PNP draws? I guess, I will move back to home. Cannot afford after quiting the job.
I don't think there is any update on CEC, people are literally suffering and so am I, seriously they are screwing us over and over and not doing anything for people like us, have been here for 5 years and paying taxes for what ?

Mar 13, 2023
Does anyone know if you can apply for PR and work permit while on implied status? I am a provincial nominee and have work permit support letter issued from the province, but with pending work permit application that will be refused, as at the time of applying I didnt have nomination. But had to apply as my open work permit was expiring.

Akash96

Mar 15, 2023
I am in the same situation, but my pgwp is expiring soon and have no idea what to they did draw today but points are 490 and not sure if they will continue in the future, but they should do cec specifically man, they are making our lives miserable.

MARCHDOT

Jan 16, 2023
Congratulations to all of you Folks, Finally its a relief. We have plenty of time to figure out what we can do. Improve ilets or Celpip. Look for genuine employers or other Provincial programs. Again Congratulations. Really happy for all of us.

• Love
Reactions: agentorange_

Chenna12

Mar 7, 2023
Can anyone please help me,

My PGWP got expired on Jan 29, 2023, Do I need to go to Opt-in or regular process to apply for extension

Chenna12

Mar 7, 2023
I have received a mail from IRCC but they haven't mentioned opt-in, they sent a email addressing

2023 Interim Work Authorization for PGWP / Autorisation de travail provisoire 2023 pour PTPD

Dear client

As a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) holder with work permit number --, you may be eligible for a special facilitation measure to allow you to stay and work in Canada, as announced on March 17, 2023.

If you are in Canada, this Interim Work Authorization allows you to continue working in Canada until May 31, 2024, while you apply for a work permit. You must take action and apply for the extended work permit under the recently announced special measure:

• If your work permit is currently valid: You will need to go to your IRCC Secure Account to ‘opt-in’ for the extended work permit starting April 6, 2023, until May 20, 2023, or
  • If your work permit has expired: You will need to submit a work permit application through the regular process. Instructions on how to apply will be available on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website, as of April 6, 2023.
This authorization letter does not confer your status in Canada and all foreign nationals must have and maintain their temporary resident status. You must be physically in Canada to use this interim work authorization as it cannot be used to travel or obtain entry to Canada.

For more information and details about this special measure, including the interim work authorization, please visit: Interim work authorization for some current and former post-graduation work permit holders – Canada.ca

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

babyshamini14

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
I have received a mail from IRCC but they haven't mentioned opt-in, they sent a email addressing

2023 Interim Work Authorization for PGWP / Autorisation de travail provisoire 2023 pour PTPD
This is an inter rim work email. Who evers permit expired before April third dint get opt in email, so u have to apply manually