+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My landing experience in IRCC Office, Ottawa on 23rd Jan, 2018

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
Hi All,

I want to share my experience of PR landing ar IRCC Office, Ottawa today. So finally I am PR :).

You can walkin on each even Tuesday (2nd and 4th) on each month without appointment. It is very smooth process there. Security guard will take your COPR and then after 10 minutes officer will call you for your processing. Processing takes around 10 minutes per adult and 5 minutes for each kid. So for us (4 people) it took around 30 minutes.

Finally he asked us three questions from COPR and asked us to sign. After that he congratulated us for becoming PR and also explained about our rights.

So finally a long journey came to end. I am happy...

Regards,

Rahul Bhardwaj.
Congrats... it's been such a long journey!!!

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Just landed in Queen Street , notice still need two extra photos same size as the photo on COPR. The time start at 8:30, usually not many people this early.
Any specific days they accept the walkin or you went through an appointment. Pleas let me know

kristacanada

May 30, 2018
Hi everyone! I completed my landing by doing a walk-in at the Ottawa IRCC office and wanted to share my experience. Here is what happened:

- I walked on one of the designated days (2nd Tuesday of the Month) at the IRCC office located at 235 Queen Street in Ottawa
- The office is easy to locate--go into the building and ask the security guard when you enter and they will direct you (the IRCC office is currently located on the 2nd floor)
- I arrived at 8:20AM and there was only one other individual there
- It took me about 15-20 minutes total, including waiting and completing interview
- I brought my Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) with, along with two permanent resident photos (physical copies) and my passport
- I was asked three questions (they are listed on your COPR), then initialed and signed my COPR. The IRCC officer initialed and signed the document as well.
- I was then welcomed to Canada, told how I could get my SIN and sign up for my health card.

It was a very easy and straightforward process. I am thrilled to finally have my PR and wanted to share my experience as I would have not known about the ability to walk-in without this forum. So thanks, and my very best to anyone else going through this process!

b.arvind87

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Did my landing today at ottawa office, went around 9 am .. it was quick and smooth process.
Other than CoPR,passport and photos, also take id card or proof of address..

Reactions: sirjoe and whab

tommynamo

Mar 8, 2018
Hi everyone! I completed my landing by doing a walk-in at the Ottawa IRCC office and wanted to share my experience. Here is what happened:

- I walked on one of the designated days (2nd Tuesday of the Month) at the IRCC office located at 235 Queen Street in Ottawa
- The office is easy to locate--go into the building and ask the security guard when you enter and they will direct you (the IRCC office is currently located on the 2nd floor)
- I arrived at 8:20AM and there was only one other individual there
- It took me about 15-20 minutes total, including waiting and completing interview
- I brought my Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) with, along with two permanent resident photos (physical copies) and my passport
- I was asked three questions (they are listed on your COPR), then initialed and signed my COPR. The IRCC officer initialed and signed the document as well.
- I was then welcomed to Canada, told how I could get my SIN and sign up for my health card.

It was a very easy and straightforward process. I am thrilled to finally have my PR and wanted to share my experience as I would have not known about the ability to walk-in without this forum. So thanks, and my very best to anyone else going through this process!
Thank you rahul123b and kristacanada for the tips on landing.
My application was approved yesterday, and I am waiting for my CoPR so that I can make my landing.

I have one question regarding the landing. Do they check your current status in Canada, like Study Permit or Work Permit?
I have applied for changing my status from Study Permit to Open Work Permit at the same time with the application of my PR.
My PR processing was even faster than OPW application, so I am going to cancel the OPW application.
Now I still have a valid study permit, but given that I am not a student anymore I am not sure whether this situation is OK.
So I want to know whether they checked your status or not.

Thank you in advance.

whab

Jun 20, 2018
Thanks @Rahul123 @kristacanada @b.arvind87 and @singledream for sharing your experiences.

Just a quick question - is this inland landing process just for inland applicants or can outland applicants use this in-person landing service if they are already in Ottawa with eta?

I just want to avoid spending hundreds of bucks for a flight out to new york just to turn around at the airport and come back to ottawa. (We don't own a car or have driver's licenses so to go out of the country, I'd have to fly out)

Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:

Moe Juve

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I believe it doesn’t matter if you were inlander or outlander. Actually you won’t lose anything if you go to IRCC office and do landing.
In worst case scenario get yourself an UBER and contact the driver. If he’s a Canadian citizen and can cross the border without a visa then go ahead and let him drive you. It’s only 80km to Prescott. Also you’ll pay UBER less than half of your airplane tickets. If it sounds risky then you gonna fly and come back.

bumbabhabak

Jan 28, 2015
Today I got the CoPR and landing visa. I called CIC to make an appointment to land in their Montreal office. The guy over the phone told me that in Montreal you dont need an appointment. You can go anytime in their office from Monday to friday between 7.30am - 4.30pm. I am just wondering is it always like that in Montreal office or recently they have changed the rules? Please share your ideas.

expapp123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

I landed here just this morning. I entered around 8:10 am at 235 Queens Street. I was called up by the agent 15 minutes later. The whole process took around 10 mins. He asked the questions listed on your COPR. I then inquired about the incorrect Original Entry Date on my COPR. The agent said it does not matter as only the PR landing date counts for Citizenship.

He asked me to sign the documents and provided some info on services available to me now, the Health Card and SIN number which he recommended applying for after 48 hours since it takes time for their system to process. He confirmed the address to mail my PR card to based off my Driver's License. Finally he congratulated me and asked if I had any more questions.

Overall, everything went by very smoothly!

**Bring two more PR photos and photo ID with your listed address!!

Good luck guys!!

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Hello,

can we go to Ottawa office any Tuesday or just every 2 and 4th Tuesday to complete landing process?
also is it a problem for someone from Toronto to do landing at Ottawa office,I am planning to visit Ottawa so want to complete the landing process there?

expapp123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
I
Hello,

can we go to Ottawa office any Tuesday or just every 2 and 4th Tuesday to complete landing process?
also is it a problem for someone from Toronto to do landing at Ottawa office,I am planning to visit Ottawa so want to complete the landing process there?
I believe 2nd and 4th Tuesday only

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I think someone mentioned he went to IRCC etobicoke office and advised to come back next day very early morning. Can I do the same and walk in to the IRCC etobicoke office to land?

Joshcanada

May 30, 2018
Hi All,

I want to share my experience of PR landing ar IRCC Office, Ottawa today. So finally I am PR :).

You can walkin on each even Tuesday (2nd and 4th) on each month without appointment. It is very smooth process there. Security guard will take your COPR and then after 10 minutes officer will call you for your processing. Processing takes around 10 minutes per adult and 5 minutes for each kid. So for us (4 people) it took around 30 minutes.

Finally he asked us three questions from COPR and asked us to sign. After that he congratulated us for becoming PR and also explained about our rights.

So finally a long journey came to end. I am happy...

Regards,

Rahul Bhardwaj.