+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My landing experience in IRCC Office, Ottawa on 23rd Jan, 2018

sirjoe

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Thank you,

Also is it a problem for someone from Toronto to do landing at Ottawa office,I am planning to visit Ottawa so want to complete the landing process there?
Hi Krishnat,
Did you end up doing your landing in Ottawa from Toronto?
If yes, please share your experience and the date if it was the 2nd or 4th Tuesday; or any other day. I intend to do my landing there as well when my application is approved and I'm not from Ottawa.
Thank you.

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Hi Krishnat,
Did you end up doing your landing in Ottawa from Toronto?
If yes, please share your experience and the date if it was the 2nd or 4th Tuesday; or any other day. I intend to do my landing there as well when my application is approved and I'm not from Ottawa.
Thank you.
Hey,
yes I did, the procedure took about 5-10mins although there is some wait time(1hr) as there are many people.
I am not sure if they have walk in's on other day's but they do on 2nd or 4th Tuesday of the month.

chacha11

Sep 27, 2018
Today I got the CoPR and landing visa. I called CIC to make an appointment to land in their Montreal office. The guy over the phone told me that in Montreal you dont need an appointment. You can go anytime in their office from Monday to friday between 7.30am - 4.30pm. I am just wondering is it always like that in Montreal office or recently they have changed the rules? Please share your ideas.
Just wondering if you went to Montreal office for landing and if they do entertain people on walk in basis every weekday for landing. I can not find this information anywhere else.
Thanks

tr4

Jul 16, 2016
Hello,
Anyone with recent experience of doing the inland landing in Ottawa. Can someone confirm if the practice of 2nd Tuesday and 4th Tuesday walk-ins are still underway. I want to do the landing asap. Please reply as soon as you read this.

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Do I need to wait for the e-mail notification before doing the inland landing? I was notified by phone on Sept 12 that I was approved, eCas shows DM for both myself and my sponsor. but I haven't yet received the landing e-mail. I am in the Ottawa area.

xingyi

Aug 9, 2018
Hello,
Anyone with recent experience of doing the inland landing in Ottawa. Can someone confirm if the practice of 2nd Tuesday and 4th Tuesday walk-ins are still underway. I want to do the landing asap. Please reply as soon as you read this.
Hello,

I am just wondering if you went for your landing interview already? Or you are still waiting for confirmation.

I am planning to go asap as well in November.

Thanks.

gregpulvori

Oct 28, 2018
Hi All,

I want to share my experience of PR landing ar IRCC Office, Ottawa today. So finally I am PR :).

You can walkin on each even Tuesday (2nd and 4th) on each month without appointment. It is very smooth process there. Security guard will take your COPR and then after 10 minutes officer will call you for your processing. Processing takes around 10 minutes per adult and 5 minutes for each kid. So for us (4 people) it took around 30 minutes.

Finally he asked us three questions from COPR and asked us to sign. After that he congratulated us for becoming PR and also explained about our rights.

So finally a long journey came to end. I am happy...

Regards,
https://inro.in/showbox
https://inro.in/mobdro
Rahul Bhardwaj.
Thanks for confirming that this is still possible! So happy for you and your family. Congratulations on becoming a permanent resident of Canada!

Last edited:

tobyvo

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Has anyone tried this recently? Is it still possible to walk in on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday? I know this post was posted in January 2018 so I am not sure if anything has changed since then. Thanks in advance.

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
This is what's written on the IRCC website:

"Services
Refugee claims can be made between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.

All other services are available by appointment only."

Has anyone done their landing recently - November? Would be great if you could share your recent experience about completing your landing in Ottawa.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

arsmith1992

May 12, 2018
Hello All,
I live in Kitchener, ON. I tried to do my landing at the Lewiston Bridge border after visiting family in the States on Monday, November 26, 2018. Unfortunately, even though there were about 10 agents available and I was the only client in there, they would not do my landing that day because they said they only do it there Tuesday-Thursday beginning at 8:00am.
I was quite disappointed because I was really looking forward to becoming a PR that day and I planned a lot around it including taking a day off of work.
I emailed the IRCC for an appointment as I was told to do on Monday, November 26th and have not gotten an email back yet.
Does anyone know if the Hamilton or Kitchener IRCC offices allow walk-ins at any time? I am not able to find a number or email for the location specifically.
Thank you all and good luck to you as well.

tobyvo

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hello,

I am just wondering if you went for your landing interview already? Or you are still waiting for confirmation.

I am planning to go asap as well in November.

Thanks.
Did you try this in November, is it still possible? Thanks

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Did you try this in November, is it still possible? Thanks
I wrote to IRCC asking for an appointment to complete my landing process. Although the automated email said that I should expect a response within 30 business days, but I got a reply in 2 days and the appointment is scheduled for next week. :)
After reading the experiences of people flagpoling at the border, I thought this was best and easiest way to complete the process and unlike popular belief, the waiting time to get an appointment is negligible.

tobyvo

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
I wrote to IRCC asking for an appointment to complete my landing process. Although the automated email said that I should expect a response within 30 business days, but I got a reply in 2 days and the appointment is scheduled for next week. :)
After reading the experiences of people flagpoling at the border, I thought this was best and easiest way to complete the process and unlike popular belief, the waiting time to get an appointment is negligible.
thanks, did you apply through IRCC webform?

tobyvo

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
if not IRCC webform. which email did you write to? Would really appreciate if you can share it, thank you :)