+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY EXPERIENCE: Re-applying for Study Permit to change DLI

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
What about if I received a passport request but the neither the LOI nor the TRV have been printed. Does that count as an application still in process? The VAC told me that will take like 4 wekks to receive my passport back.
if you received PPR, your application completed as a decision has been made on it.

TobyAN

Jun 29, 2022
Few months back after great consideration and seeing this conversation thread, I finally decided to reapply for my study permit with an already approved study visa to change my DLI. And just recently my study visa was approved again. I had been very anxious throughout but it was all worth the wait. I wanted to come back to this thread and share this. Thank you for all the help!
Congratulations
Was your previous permit invalidated?

Mazi Chima

Jul 22, 2022
@ wonderbly, thanks for sharing, I just wonder when you applied for new study permit " you have answered " NO " for '" Do you have a valid work permit or study permit, and need a visa to return to Canada? "
Congrats to you.... What if you were being sponsored in the first application that was approved and now because of the new DLI and cost implication you are changing sponsor are also going to upload both previous and present sponsors financial document?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Congrats to you.... What if you were being sponsored in the first application that was approved and now because of the new DLI and cost implication you are changing sponsor are also going to upload both previous and present sponsors financial document?
What is your question? You are applying for a new study permit so upload the financial documents of those supporting you plus your own financials.

Reactions: Mazi Chima

juanjonovoa

Feb 15, 2022
Hello to all of you,

My case is similar to yours but with a little difference. I am going to give you some context:

I got a SP approved on 18/02/2022 and it will expire on 30/11/2023. It was approved for a Masters degree at Saint Mary’s University (Intake: Sept 2022) and I want to study a different program in a different DLI. However, I am not able to travel this year because of some medical reasons. Having said that, I would change both the program from Saint Mary’s University to an MBA at University of New Brunswick and the start date, so it will start in September 2023.

My question is, when should I re apply for the new SP? I still do not have the new LOA from UNB, I am waiting for it. Should I re apply as soon as I get the new LOA, despite the fact that the new LOA is for the September 2023 intake?

Or, should I inform the IRCC through my GCKey that I will not travel this year, and some months later re apply for the new SP?

I would appreciate your support as I am really worried about what I have to do.

@wonderbly thanks in advance if you can give me your opinion

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello to all of you,

My case is similar to yours but with a little difference. I am going to give you some context:

I got a SP approved on 18/02/2022 and it will expire on 30/11/2023. It was approved for a Masters at Saint Mary’s University (Intake: Sept 2022) and I want to study a different program in a different DLI. However, I am not able to travel this year because of medical reasons. Having said that, I would change both the program from Saint Mary’s University to an MBA at University of New Brunswick and the start date, so it will start in September 2023.

My question is, when should I re apply for the new SP? I already have the new LOA from UNB. Should I re apply now, despite the fact that the new LOA is for the September 2023 intake?

Or, should I inform the IRCC through my GCKey that I will not travel this year, and some months later re apply for the new SP?

I would appreciate your support as I am really worried about what I have to do.

@wonderbly thanks in advance if you can give me your opinion
Seeing as you intend to change your DLI prior to coming to Canada, you will need to make a fresh application whenever you are ready. This application will be as if you have never applied for a SP before (pay attention to the way you answer the questionnaire when filling in the new application), but in your SOP make sure to mention that you had a previous SP that you never activated and are applying for a new SP because you want to change your DLI.

juanjonovoa

Feb 15, 2022
Seeing as you intend to change your DLI prior to coming to Canada, you will need to make a fresh application whenever you are ready. This application will be as if you have never applied for a SP before (pay attention to the way you answer the questionnaire when filling in the new application), but in your SOP make sure to mention that you had a previous SP that you never activated and are applying for a new SP because you want to change your DLI.
Thank you so much for your soon reply.

Regarding the documents that I need to attach on this new application, do you think that I should attach all the documents required as the first time? Or just update the new LOA, the new SOP and all the documents regrading the economic solvency?