+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY EXPERIENCE: Re-applying for Study Permit to change DLI

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you so much for your soon reply.

Regarding the documents that I need to attach on this new application, do you think that I should attach all the documents required as the first time? Or just update the new LOA, the new SOP and all the documents regrading the economic solvency?
Provided it is new application, include all package with updated LOA

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thank you very much @Simba112 @wonderbly

Do you think I should inform IRCC that I am not going to travel this year while I get the new LOA as I am waiting for it?

Or is it better to just re apply as soon I get the new LOA from the new DLI?
Better to include all docs that worked for you previously.
Doesn't hurt to inform IRCC that you are not intending to travel this year. Just send a webform.

juanjonovoa

Feb 15, 2022
Better to include all docs that worked for you previously.
Doesn't hurt to inform IRCC that you are not intending to travel this year. Just send a webform.
I got it.

I have a last query. Sorry!

I applied the first time through an agent. For this time, should I re apply with the same representative? or could I apply this time by myself?

Thank you again for your support!

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
I got it.

I have a last query. Sorry!

I applied the first time through an agent. For this time, should I re apply with the same representative? or could I apply this time by myself?

Thank you again for your support!
Do it yourself,it's pretty basic.You can always solve your queries on this forum/google/YouTube.Good Luck!

Reactions: wonderbly

tapas3016

Sep 9, 2022
Hi,

I applied for student permit under non-SDS mode for September intake. My visa is still not approved. I want to change my university and change my DLI no. Should I start a new application or raise a web form to change my DLI?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I applied for student permit under non-SDS mode for September intake. My visa is still not approved. I want to change my university and change my DLI no. Should I start a new application or raise a web form to change my DLI?
If you have been waiting a long time, may be best to reapply. If you update webform, and get approval in the next few days, it will be approval for the original application.

nishsiahwi

Nov 9, 2022
Hi, it's a bit urgent so please do assist me because I am new to this.

So my situation is I got an offer letter from an university for Setember intake however I had to let go of the offer because my visa was late and my grades didn't meet the requirement which is why I had to get a new offer letter however my visa got approved in middle of it. I know I need to apply again to dli change my university. But I need to know what is the chances of my visa approval again if I apply again for study permit as I would just add my new LOA and motivational letter but all other documents are the same also would the process be faster as they have my medical and biometrics data already?

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020

So my situation is I got an offer letter from an university for Setember intake however I had to let go of the offer because my visa was late and my grades didn't meet the requirement which is why I had to get a new offer letter however my visa got approved in middle of it. I know I need to apply again to dli change my university. But I need to know what is the chances of my visa approval again if I apply again for study permit as I would just add my new LOA and motivational letter but all other documents are the same also would the process be faster as they have my medical and biometrics data already?
I am in the same boat as you...re-applying wont make decision on ur application faster.. i have re-applied on 30th september for DLI change and this waiting for my result. Although exceptions are always there and if ur lucky enough u may get decision early.

nishsiahwi

Nov 9, 2022
I am in the same boat as you...re-applying wont make decision on ur application faster.. i have re-applied on 30th september for DLI change and this waiting for my result. Although exceptions are always there and if ur lucky enough u may get decision early.
Did you apply with new study permit or when the study permit was in process

nishsiahwi

Nov 9, 2022
Do update this when you get an update on your application if possible it would be helpful for me. I need to know the chances of visa being rejected as I already got approved one time.

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020

Hey,
I was in the same position as you.Reapplied and got my visa approved.Everything will remain same while re-applying, except for LOA nd SOP.If your medicals is valid, attach the same emedicals sheet.The process won't be faster, it would take average processing time to get a decision.
Hope you get an approval as well!

nishsiahwi

Nov 9, 2022
What
Hey,
I was in the same position as you.Reapplied and got my visa approved.Everything will remain same while re-applying, except for LOA nd SOP.If your medicals is valid, attach the same emedicals sheet.The process won't be faster, it would take average processing time to get a decision.
Hope you get an approval as well!
What did you state in your SOP, did you make a new SOP altogether or did you keep everything same except the why the university part and did you include the dli change issue in the SOP?