+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY EXPERIENCE: Re-applying for Study Permit to change DLI

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
What

What did you state in your SOP, did you make a new SOP altogether or did you keep everything same except the why the university part and did you include the dli change issue in the SOP?
Had to make a new SOP as I changed my uni as well as program and changed from Masters degree to Post Bacc Diploma

Mmbishmang

Nov 9, 2022
Few months back after great consideration and seeing this conversation thread, I finally decided to reapply for my study permit with an already approved study visa to change my DLI. And just recently my study visa was approved again. I had been very anxious throughout but it was all worth the wait. I wanted to come back to this thread and share this. Thank you for all the help!
Congratulations.
If I may ask, how long did the second application take?

o_s_91

Jan 2, 2019
Did any one changed the program and DLI AFTER getting settlement and reopening the application? Or do you know any case that had this similar condition? did it worked and got approval? Is it even allowed to do that?

Unfortunately, I had to change the program/university due to not able to obtain LOA from the same program/university as they changed their admission requirements. But the new program is similar (a Master degree in IT field).

Dec 5, 2022
Do update this when you get an update on your application if possible it would be helpful for me. I need to know the chances of visa being rejected as I already got approved one time.
Even I had to reapply for change in DLI and medical was updated on 17 Nov and waiting for the final decision for Jan 2023 intake

Bums

Jun 16, 2023
I'm making a fresh post as a few people have asked me regarding the new application to change my DLI whilst still outside Canada (not landed). I will post my timelines below:

First Study permit:
  • MSc Computer Science at Bishop's university
  • Applied with my 4 kids
  • Application approved in April 2021 for all of us.
  • Validity on counterfoil and LOI was till March 31st 2023
I decided to switch DLI in May. Lots of emails, calls and back and forth with IRCC on whether I should re-apply or change once in Canada. After loads of research and responses from IRCC, the consensus was that I need to re-apply with my new LOA. I did not need to reapply for my dependents.

Second Study permit

• MSc Computer Science at University of Regina
  • Application submitted: May 23rd 2021.
  • Documents submitted:
    • 1. Required docs like Passport bio page, e-medical sheet for upfront etc
    • A new SOP (just a 1-pager saying why I was changing DLI. Not as comprehensive as the first one).
    • New LOA from uRegina ( I also included other LOAs I had from uVic, Concordia, SFU but I added this in the Client Information section).
    • Updated financial documents (just got new ones from bank).
    • In the client section, I uploaded the LOI letter than was issued to me for my first application and a copy of my counterfoil.
  • I didn't re-submit IELTS, employment letter, transcripts, degrees etc.
I received my PPR on 9th of July. My new LOI was issued today, and passport stamped yesterday. The new validity is September 30th 2023.

If there's anything you need clarity on, or any question you have regarding the re-application, I'll be happy to answer.
How do u go about it please...I help urgent help

Bums

Jun 16, 2023
I
I'm making a fresh post as a few people have asked me regarding the new application to change my DLI whilst still outside Canada (not landed). I will post my timelines below:

First Study permit:
  • MSc Computer Science at Bishop's university
  • Applied with my 4 kids
  • Application approved in April 2021 for all of us.
  • Validity on counterfoil and LOI was till March 31st 2023
I decided to switch DLI in May. Lots of emails, calls and back and forth with IRCC on whether I should re-apply or change once in Canada. After loads of research and responses from IRCC, the consensus was that I need to re-apply with my new LOA. I did not need to reapply for my dependents.

Second Study permit

• MSc Computer Science at University of Regina
  • Application submitted: May 23rd 2021.
  • Documents submitted:
    • 1. Required docs like Passport bio page, e-medical sheet for upfront etc
    • A new SOP (just a 1-pager saying why I was changing DLI. Not as comprehensive as the first one).
    • New LOA from uRegina ( I also included other LOAs I had from uVic, Concordia, SFU but I added this in the Client Information section).
    • Updated financial documents (just got new ones from bank).
    • In the client section, I uploaded the LOI letter than was issued to me for my first application and a copy of my counterfoil.
  • I didn't re-submit IELTS, employment letter, transcripts, degrees etc.
I received my PPR on 9th of July. My new LOI was issued today, and passport stamped yesterday. The new validity is September 30th 2023.

If there's anything you need clarity on, or any question you have regarding the re-application, I'll be happy to answer.
HI WONDERBLY,
I need clarity as I'm in the same shoes now...will I still use my old UCI

Bums

Jun 16, 2023
No, my reason for change had nothing to do with Bishops. I changed to a university in the province that gave me PNP. It helps to show I intend to settle in the nominating province.
My own issue for change was terrible...my school closed the program for 2years. My good lord! Then I used another DLI.

Bums

Jun 16, 2023
Same GCKey account.
I have mentioned this in another post, but my application was stagnant since the day I applied (except for biometrics that was updated immediately) until the 9th of July. Not even medical was passed. Then everything happened within the same hour - medical passed, BVL received together with PPR.
This is where I have issues ...using same GCKey account..do u mean the account you are approved the first visa?..please I need clarification if yes! How did you do it?

Bums

Jun 16, 2023
Don't be worried, if you are applying for a similar program and level at a even better public uni, I am almost certain your visa will be approved again. I cannot emphasise enough how much peace of mind you'll get knowing that you followed the rules, did things right and landed in Canada without any worries.

You'll be fine. Re-apply ASAP :) .
What If program was changed..what will happen please..God will see me through

Aug 22, 2023
Hello, i got my study visa with my approval letter.
I applied this using my acceptance letter from seneca college in Toronto though i was also waiting another colleges to respond. I got acceptance letter from Lethbridge College after approval of my study permit. I decided to go to Lethbridge but arriving at the airport i was returned home to reapply for another study permit with DLI number of Lethbridge.
I have already sent my application and now i am still waiting for the ircc to reply...now it's been one month since I reapply....how long should I wait to get there email?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, i got my study visa with my approval letter.
I applied this using my acceptance letter from seneca college in Toronto though i was also waiting another colleges to respond. I got acceptance letter from Lethbridge College after approval of my study permit. I decided to go to Lethbridge but arriving at the airport i was returned home to reapply for another study permit with DLI number of Lethbridge.
I have already sent my application and now i am still waiting for the ircc to reply...now it's been one month since I reapply....how long should I wait to get there email?
Processing is around 7 weeks, so you have some time to wait.