+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I called CIC to check the status of my application. The agent informed me the same status that i got on my previous call (which was over a month ago). Eligibility is in progress, he said they are still reviewing it and i have nothing to worry about. LOL

MY AOR is June 10th folks :)
Looking at cases from April and May still stuck at the same stage I think we June AOR people have no hope of progress at Montreal. This is insane.

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Looking at cases from April and May still stuck at the same stage I think we June AOR people have no hope of progress at Montreal. This is insane.
Yes indeed! I wish we had more references to try and compare. I have no idea why it would take this long for just eligibility!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes indeed! I wish we had more references to try and compare. I have no idea why it would take this long for just eligibility!
Yeah I need more cases where someone got PPR from Montreal. We have some 7-8 cases here all stuck at same stage. Yes sample size is small but 8 cases isn't that small to be just a coincidence. I hope @Rijo02 and @smcan2014 hear from them soon. They are almost above 4 month mark now.

Reactions: Param90

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just for benefit of all Montreal visa office candidates. I could find two users who had files processed in Montreal visa office and received PPR. Both are from March AOR.

@rajanshah176 timeline as per his posts is

Single Applicant - FSW-O
CRS - 475
ITA - Dec 6th
AOR - Mar 1
MEP/IP1 - Mar 8
IP2 - May 4th
PPR - Jul 25
As per one of his posts on June 11 his eligibility was still under review when he called IRCC.

@shrey01 post on his PPR.
My office was Montreal as well. AoR March 1. FSW-O from USA. It took me 100 days to get the PPR.

So it seems like Montreal keeps everyone in eligibility review but may still process the application in about one month if they start working on it.

Reactions: Param90 and Rijo02

itwarriorkarve

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Know of another case for Montreal VO.
AOR : Feb 28th (FSW - O from USA)
PPR: sometime last week after almost 5.5 months....
Till the last minute her application was in IP1.. Then it changed to IP2 and same day evening she got PPR.

Reactions: Rijo02 and cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Know of another case for Montreal VO.
AOR : Feb 28th (FSW - O from USA)
PPR: sometime last week after almost 5.5 months....
Till the last minute her application was in IP1.. Then it changed to IP2 and same day evening she got PPR.
Ok so may be our assumption is correct. Montreal takes 6 months processing time a little too literally. It's surprising though they are taking so much time for US based applicants as well. Anyways thanks for this information.

Reactions: itwarriorkarve

Param90

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Happy atleast to know the time frame is around 6months for FSW - O US based applicants.

Or even they would take around 100 days then it would be September for all of us here. May be we can expect something by then.

Reactions: pathwaytofreedom

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Yes. Unfortunately looks like mostly US based applicants and just a few of them. Yes, it is relieving to know that our application will get processed in 6 months :)

itwarriorkarve

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Guys as I mentioned before, I am in Canada while my wife is in India. I received PPR but only for my wife today... Is this normal? Will they send another PPR for me or should I consider that itself as my PPR too? I am the primary applicant

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys as I mentioned before, I am in Canada while my wife is in India. I received PPR but only for my wife today... Is this normal? Will they send another PPR for me or should I consider that itself as my PPR too? I am the primary applicant
I have never heard such a case. May be contact IRCC. What is your timeline again?

harjeetm

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Ok so may be our assumption is correct. Montreal takes 6 months processing time a little too literally. It's surprising though they are taking so much time for US based applicants as well. Anyways thanks for this information.
Mine is in Montreal too, they asked me to wait till Sep end which will be 6 months.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Mine is in Montreal too, they asked me to wait till Sep end which will be 6 months.
I read somewhere in the April AOR thread that your AOR is April 26. If so, then I think your 6 months processing time should be in Oct 23. Please can you clarify as my AOR is also April 26.

Thanks!!