+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Guys as I mentioned before, I am in Canada while my wife is in India. I received PPR but only for my wife today... Is this normal? Will they send another PPR for me or should I consider that itself as my PPR too? I am the primary applicant
Yes you will get another mail for yourself. It's quite understandable as both of you need to submit passports in different countries respectively.
And yes implicitly consider yourself as well to have gotten PPR but wait for mail.

Last edited:

harjeetm

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
I read somewhere in the April AOR thread that your AOR is April 26. If so, then I think your 6 months processing time should be in Oct 23. Please can you clarify as my AOR is also April 26.

Thanks!!
Apologies , yes my AOR is 26th Apr. So it will be 5 months in Sep end

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Apologies , yes my AOR is 26th Apr. So it will be 5 months in Sep end
Ok, that makes sense.....Which means its most likely that the visa officer who has your file might have mine too. So, we can keep tabs of the processing.
Lets pray and hope for a quick and positive response.

Good luck to us.

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks Cansha , i'll update as soon as I hear any thing back from them . All the best to you too :)
Thanks @harjeetm. I'm also waiting to hear @itwarriorkarve 's timeline. My guess is his AOR was also around 26 April. Seems like he got a partial PPR mail. It increases hope when I see movement in Montreal cases. People say Visa offices don't matter. But all the cases that we have on this thread are all taking a lot of time (agree less than 6 months). So movement atleast gives hope to wait another day!

Reactions: harjeetm

itwarriorkarve

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Thanks @harjeetm. I'm also waiting to hear @itwarriorkarve 's timeline. My guess is his AOR was also around 26 April. Seems like he got a partial PPR mail. It increases hope when I see movement in Montreal cases. People say Visa offices don't matter. But all the cases that we have on this thread are all taking a lot of time (agree less than 6 months). So movement atleast gives hope to wait another day!

Thanks Guys!! @hope2018 You are right. I called up IRCC today and they confirmed the same. They said since your wife is in India they sent her a PPR and the procedure for me might be a little different which the office should inform.. I was wondering if I can assume that my application too has been approved..My AOR was 15th of April.. IP2 around April 21, I think and then no update. Last week I paid RPRF on my own (did not get any request) and got a confirmation for the same Sunday evening.. Immediately next day I got the PPR letter in my account.

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks Guys!! @hope2018 You are right. I called up IRCC today and they confirmed the same. They said since your wife is in India they sent her a PPR and the procedure for me might be a little different which the office should inform.. I was wondering if I can assume that my application too has been approved..My AOR was 15th of April.. IP2 around April 21, I think and then no update. Last week I paid RPRF on my own (did not get any request) and got a confirmation for the same Sunday evening.. Immediately next day I got the PPR letter in my account.
That's great! Congrats to you! Hopefully now April 4th week candidates also get PPR soon.

Srukar

Feb 6, 2018
Hello Folks! My application is in Montreal VO as well.

AOR: Apr 25th
MED: May 02
IP1: May 3

I am in Ip1 since then, i called them aroung July 20 and the agent mentioned that my eligibility is still in Progress and background check did not start yet. Any one with similar case?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Folks! My application is in Montreal VO as well.

AOR: Apr 25th
MED: May 02
IP1: May 3

I am in Ip1 since then, i called them aroung July 20 and the agent mentioned that my eligibility is still in Progress and background check did not start yet. Any one with similar case?
Hey mostly everyone here whose application is in Montreal is in exactly same situation as yours.

ss0592

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
My AOR was March 03, and still in IP1. Eligibility not passed yet. Called last week and found out the VO is Montreal. I kept pressing the girl to give me some sort of timeframe or reason as to why it's taking so long. She was just like, BG hasn't started, we are still checking eligibility. There's no timeline or reason I can give you. Quite rude actually. :(

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
My AOR was March 03, and still in IP1. Eligibility not passed yet. Called last week and found out the VO is Montreal. I kept pressing the girl to give me some sort of timeframe or reason as to why it's taking so long. She was just like, BG hasn't started, we are still checking eligibility. There's no timeline or reason I can give you. Quite rude actually. :(
That's awful! Have you ordered GCMS notes yet ?

Reactions: ss0592

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
No, I think it's time I do. Thanks!
I always had a bad feeling about Express Entry and as all this happens, I keep thinking I knew it!
I am seriously thinking if Australia might be better/faster lol
I know it's frustrating but I feel you are almost there. I have read in a different group that people try calling again and end up with a different VO. Again, i don't know if this would cause any implications to your profile. But i called CIC on Monday at 11am ET and spoke to a really sweet agent. He was able to answer all my questions, even though it says they are processing my eligibility. I would definitely consider ordering GCMS because you are at the 6 month mark. Are you inland or outland applicant ?

And honestly after the call on Monday, i was considering Australia too. But i want to give the benefit of doubt and wait for 6 months LOL

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
No, I think it's time I do. Thanks!
I always had a bad feeling about Express Entry and as all this happens, I keep thinking I knew it!
I am seriously thinking if Australia might be better/faster lol
Trust me Canada process is faster and better than Australia. I have friends who have done Australia and then some who have done Canada process. I know it doesn’t feel this way right now. But everyone here who is from Montreal office has got exact same reply on eligibility. That it is still under review. I don’t know why that is the case. But you definitely should order gcms notes and hope for the best