+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Srukar

Feb 6, 2018
Hey mostly everyone here whose application is in Montreal is in exactly same situation as yours.
Thanks Cansha! I just received my GCMS notes which i applied on July 23.

Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security and Criminality: Not Started

Reactions: cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks Cansha! I just received my GCMS notes which i applied on July 23.

Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security and Criminality: Not Started
Hey @Srukar actually it’s a positive sign. I’ve heard eligibility is the biggest hurdle. Hopefully they would have started your background also in the last month that you waited for GCMS notes. Can you tell us what’s the last date on your notes.

Srukar

Feb 6, 2018
Hey @Srukar actually it’s a positive sign. I’ve heard eligibility is the biggest hurdle. Hopefully they would have started your background also in the last month that you waited for GCMS notes. Can you tell us what’s the last date on your notes.
Yeah, hoping so. Last update date was June 06th :(, when eligibility was recommended passed. So they did not work on the case of almost 2 months till July 23.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
My AOR was March 03, and still in IP1. Eligibility not passed yet. Called last week and found out the VO is Montreal. I kept pressing the girl to give me some sort of timeframe or reason as to why it's taking so long. She was just like, BG hasn't started, we are still checking eligibility. There's no timeline or reason I can give you. Quite rude actually. :(
Its quite unfortunate that you are closing in on the 6 months mark. What a pity for Montreal VO's (whomsoever it might be). I heard Quebec people don't like immigration,especially when they are non-french speaking. So, I don't even know if some bunch of CIC Montreal VO's are just punishing applicants whose files are on their desks. This is completely unfair.

Anyways, since they want to keep the application for 6 months, it is no problem. Lets pray and hope that it does not exceed the 6 months mark. @ss0592, you should be happy that your race is almost over. Sept 3 is more than 6 months. So, you can boldly contact them and demand a detailed explanation why your file have not been completed. I am pretty sure you will get a feedback......positive feedback!!!

Congrats!!!

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Its quite unfortunate that you are closing in on the 6 months mark. What a pity for Montreal VO's (whomsoever it might be). I heard Quebec people don't like immigration,especially when they are non-french speaking. So, I don't even know if some bunch of CIC Montreal VO's are just punishing applicants whose files are on their desks. This is completely unfair.

Anyways, since they want to keep the application for 6 months, it is no problem. Lets pray and hope that it does not exceed the 6 months mark. @ss0592, you should be happy that your race is almost over. Sept 3 is more than 6 months. So, you can boldly contact them and demand a detailed explanation why your file have not been completed. I am pretty sure you will get a feedback......positive feedback!!!

Congrats!!!
Really ? You think that's why this is getting delayed. I wish i had taken French classes! Aren't we suffering enough with the immigration issues in the states ? I wish they asked us to write an essay explaining why we wanted to move to Canada and i am sure US applications would have gotten processed faster - jk lol

It is really unfair, especially when we see folks who have been in this for way longer than June AOR's. I don't know i have any hope about this now.

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hey @cansha - I called CIC a week or two ago and found out that my application was getting processed in Montreal. My timeline is a part of my signature. When i called them, i was told that my eligibility was still in process/ not completed and Background check including Criminality has not started and would start only when Eligibility is complete.
Hello :) Did the agent really tell you bcc including criminality would only start when eligibility is completed? Mine application is in Edmonton visa office and eligibility is currently "under review" and criminality "in progress". I wonder if criminality "in progress" is a good sign meaning I passed the initial review of eligibility and now just waiting for another vo to finalize my eligibility hence it is still "under review"... Thanks!

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hi,
AOR: Feb 21st
Medical Passed: March 7
IP2: 8th July
I called CIC yesterday; they are still reviewing my eligibility. :(
Has anyone gotten the PPR from Montreal recently?
Hi! I am wondering did they use the word "reviewing"? I called twice in August and they always told me my eligibility is "under review" or "being reviewed". I am so worried now because I feel like "review" isn't a word they always use when people ask about eligibility... I wonder if there is anything wrong with my application.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi! I am wondering did they use the word "reviewing"? I called twice in August and they always told me my eligibility is "under review" or "being reviewed". I am so worried now because I feel like "review" isn't a word they always use when people ask about eligibility... I wonder if there is anything wrong with my application.
Nothing wrong. I got the same reply and I think they told @pathwaytofreedom the same thing. Under review just means that a senior visa officer hasn’t stamped eligibility passed

Reactions: pathwaytofreedom

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello :) Did the agent really tell you bcc including criminality would only start when eligibility is completed? Mine application is in Edmonton visa office and eligibility is currently "under review" and criminality "in progress". I wonder if criminality "in progress" is a good sign meaning I passed the initial review of eligibility and now just waiting for another vo to finalize my eligibility hence it is still "under review"... Thanks!
So Montreal seems to be working differently from other visa offices. I think there are 3 people who have ordered gcms notes and have seen that their background check had not started and notes were only about eligibility. Also Montreal seems to be quite religious about the the 6 month thing. They wait their time to make sure they start working on application only after 3 months.

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
So Montreal seems to be working differently from other visa offices. I think there are 3 people who have ordered gcms notes and have seen that their background check had not started and notes were only about eligibility. Also Montreal seems to be quite religious about the the 6 month thing. They wait their time to make sure they start working on application only after 3 months.
Ah... I see. So my criminality went in progress doesn't mean anything then. When's your AOR? Mine is June 29 :)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Congrats!!!
Yeah it’s quite unfortunate. I get it when people say every case is different and all. But right now our sample size is not that small to be just a coincidence. It is quite apparent that Montreal is very slow. Else I don’t know how do we reconcile the fact that each one of us mostly is stuck at eligibility stage. It can’t be that all our applications are “complex”. I know for a fact mine is not. No big travel history etc. my friend with profile 98% similar to mine with a much longer travel history had his visa approved from Ottawa in 23 days flat. I understand a little variance to timelines but the variance in Montreal has much more to do with the visa office itself rather than application or case complexity. Unfortunately we can’t do much. We are at their mercy for now. Good thing is we have each other to cheer up when we feel down. Everyday I open this forum in the hope that I will see April candidates with news of PPR. Hope things get better for us.

Reactions: pathwaytofreedom

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have been in panic mode because I saw many people passed eligibility and mine was still under review :/
Ha ha I don’t blame you. I felt the same. Then I found fellow applicants from Montreal and then we had this collective wisdom that Montreal does things differently.

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
June 19. But you’re in Edmonton so I don’t know yours may be better progressing.
Yeah... here is another reason why I was a bit panic. I lived in Edmonton previously and my employment happened in Edmonton. Then I moved to Calgary so I am right now in Calgary. Since my file got transferred to Edmonton, I had been thinking why would it be in Edmonton, unless they wanted to do a more thorough check on my employer. Otherwise, they can totally send my application to Calgary visa office to process.

Are you an inland applicant? Or outland but file happened to be at Montreal? :)