+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just to let you guys know.....I sent a CSE and got a reply within 2 days informing me that they have forwarded my inquiry to Montreal. Its now Montreal that I am waiting for to act on it.

Also, I called CIC yesterday to ask about my application and also notify them that I have exceeded 6 months of processing. Despite the effort in trying to convince the agent that the wait has been so difficult (wife is not here with me as her OWP applications were refused and PR is our last option), she didn't even give in. At a time, she told me "If you feel like you have waited for a long time, that I should contact Montreal VO myself." That they don't contact the VO on behalf of an applicant. She even lied and said that the last time they did that was like 10 years ago (whereas someone on this forum said he got his PR approved 3 weeks ago while on call with CIC agent who contacted Montreal VO on his behalf).

This morning, I went to my MP's office. I have been there when my wife's OWP was refused the 2nd time. The office manager asked for my current details and promised to contact CIC. She just called me and said CIC asked for more time. That our medicals have been passed but security and criminality have not started. Also that my eligibility is still in progress. But that I have nothing to worry about as I have enough points......so its just a couple of weeks that they need. Finally, the MP's manager said I should stop requesting for GCMS note that it pulls the applicants file out of the queue which eventually causes delay in the processing.

Another MP office had told one of my friends this same information about GCMS note request. I don't want to believe that as there are persons who didn't call nor requested GCMS note and still had a delay. Guys, have anyone else heard of GCMS note invariably resulting to a delay in processing?
Hi @Rijo02
I'm sorry to read about your experience. Some agents just don't give a damn. I wish they were more sensitive but in the end they will never ever understand your situation.

I'm surprised that MP's manager is propagating such shit. There is a limit to propagate misinformation. If you feel up to it please share the below link with the manager and ask him whether the verified twitter handle of a government department is lying in public domain
https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/1039207796208803841?s=19

In my opinion, it is quite inhumane (couldn't find a better word) on their part to hide their incompetency and inconsistency of the process. And rather than acknowledge that put it on the applicants desire to know what the heck is happening with his/her application.

If it makes you feel better there are many people who get PPR issued in a few days after ordering GCMS notes. If the delay bit were true that would never happen. Link to one such post .. There are many more.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2018-aor-join-here.557393/page-267#post-7329834

Reactions: Rijo02

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hi @Rijo02
I'm sorry to read about your experience. Some agents just don't give a damn. I wish they were more sensitive but in the end they will never ever understand your situation.

I'm surprised that MP's manager is propagating such shit. There is a limit to propagate misinformation. If you feel up to it please share the below link with the manager and ask him whether the verified twitter handle of a government department is lying in public domain
https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/1039207796208803841?s=19

In my opinion, it is quite inhumane (couldn't find a better word) on their part to hide their incompetency and inconsistency of the process. And rather than acknowledge that put it on the applicants desire to know what the heck is happening with his/her application.

If it makes you feel better there are many people who get PPR issued in a few days after ordering GCMS notes. If the delay bit were true that would never happen. Link to one such post .. There are many more.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2018-aor-join-here.557393/page-267#post-7329834
@cansha thanks for the solidarity. I actually have started growing tough skin when it comes to CIC. About the GCMS note, it is actually a terrible thing that this FAKE news is propagated with impunity. Infact, dealing with call center agents especially in Canada have been so bad as ignorant agents will always want to force you into believing that what they know little or nothing about! Call center agents of CIC, Bell, Amazon, etc have even questioned my basic knowledge. For Bell and Amazon, I almost gave up if not that I requested to talk with their supervisor, I would have believed in their fallacious information. Anyways, we are dealing with CIC here and can't even be granted the request to talk to the call center supervisor. Hence, all the ill-informed agents will keep feeding people with anything they cooked up! Please who is that person that got PR while on phone with CIC call center agent?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha thanks for the solidarity. I actually have started growing tough skin when it comes to CIC. About the GCMS note, it is actually a terrible thing that this FAKE news is propagated with impunity. Infact, dealing with call center agents especially in Canada have been so bad as ignorant agents will always want to force you into believing that what they know little or nothing about! Call center agents of CIC, Bell, Amazon, etc have even questioned my basic knowledge. For Bell and Amazon, I almost gave up if not that I requested to talk with their supervisor, I would have believed in their fallacious information. Anyways, we are dealing with CIC here and can't even be granted the request to talk to the call center supervisor. Hence, all the ill-informed agents will keep feeding people with anything they cooked up! Please who is that person that got PR while on phone with CIC call center agent?
Yeah you are right ... they know they are CIC so they keep feeding anything that comes to their mind.

Are you talking about this experience?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/montreal-visa-office-lets-connect-here.575300/page-23#post-7245326

Ash_Vish

Sep 18, 2018
Yes.It is exempt after ITA. Even in the invitation that is sent when we receive ITA, there is a note stating that age change will not cause rejection of an application.
In my GCMS notes, in Ottawa, this issue was only made as a note in the analyst summary but in Montreal it became review required.
I had even got legalfalcon's opinion on this, and he said there is nothing to worry about
One thing I noticed for may tracker is "Eligibility - Review Required Age change between ITA and AOR". Isn't age change exempt after ITA? Why would they put it on review just for that

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Yes.It is exempt after ITA. Even in the invitation that is sent when we receive ITA, there is a note stating that age change will not cause rejection of an application.
In my GCMS notes, in Ottawa, this issue was only made as a note in the analyst summary but in Montreal it became review required.
I had even got legalfalcon's opinion on this, and he said there is nothing to worry about
Cool. Hope you get the PPR email very soon!. Are you implying that in Ottawa they don't do review if age changes since you said it was only a note or just that the process was started in Ottawa?

shalini_can

Sep 20, 2018
Guys, I just received my GCMS notes and understand I am part of the infamous Montreal office :) @cansha, can you add me to the list. FSW - O (USA)| AOR 20 Jun | Eligibility - ? | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Received 02 Nov

@cansha can you kindly guide me in interpreting the analyst note below. It says 'Review Required' on 'Client Info'. Also I see I am 'Recommeded Pass'. However Eligibility says 'Not Started' in the second page. Looks like this value was updated from 'Passed-Candidate' to 'Not Started' in the inside pages of the GCMS notes.

Analyst notes -
Created Date: 2018/07/04 16:07:51
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office
REVIEW TYPE: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 446 CRS SCORE: 469 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified -----POLICE CERTIFICATE----Primary Applicant - UKpolice certificate: Provided-NRT - India police certificate: Provided-NRT - United Arab Emirates police certificate: Provided-NRT - United States of America police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse 1- UK police certificate: Provided-NRT 2- India police certificate: Provided-NRT 3- United Arab Emirates police certificate: Provided-NRT 4- United States of America police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality -----AGE-----Applicant's age reviewed and
No Change from ITA toe-APR Document set to review: Client info

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Looks like this value was updated from 'Passed-Candidate' to 'Not Started' in the inside pages of the GCMS notes.
That probably happened because your eligibility was done at CIO and file moved to Montreal later. Many times when files move from one VO to another status of eligibility may be set as "Not started". Based on what you have pasted above I don't see any concerns with the eligibility.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys, I just received my GCMS notes and understand I am part of the infamous Montreal office
Added your case to the list by editing my post. Wow! we have a lots of candidates from June in Montreal. we have 17 in the list here and I know 4 more from June thread who never came to this thread. June has the biggest number in Montreal.

My guess is the number is probably equally big for May and July .. just that they didn't find out their VO.

shalini_can

Sep 20, 2018
Added your case to the list by editing my post. Wow! we have a lots of candidates from June in Montreal. we have 17 in the list here and I know 4 more from June thread who never came to this thread. June has the biggest number in Montreal.

My guess is the number is probably equally big for May and July .. just that they didn't find out their VO.
@cansha Thanks so much for the superfast reply. Feels better to have company in this wait.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha Thanks so much for the superfast reply. Feels better to have company in this wait.
I just read your extract again and I think you're pasting the wrong extract. As per this the eligibility was done on 4 July which is not possible as I think your MEP was done around that time. It seems to me these are Program Assistant notes who does the R10 completeness check.
You need to scroll up a bit on your notes and you should see Case Analyst notes. That will be the notes where your eligibility was determined.

In your copy paste that information is missing after Review Type... Just after those words it shows what kind of a review it is.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Just to let you guys know.....I sent a CSE and got a reply within 2 days informing me that they have forwarded my inquiry to Montreal. Its now Montreal that I am waiting for to act on it.

Also, I called CIC yesterday to ask about my application and also notify them that I have exceeded 6 months of processing. Despite the effort in trying to convince the agent that the wait has been so difficult (wife is not here with me as her OWP applications were refused and PR is our last option), she didn't even give in. At a time, she told me "If you feel like you have waited for a long time, that I should contact Montreal VO myself." That they don't contact the VO on behalf of an applicant. She even lied and said that the last time they did that was like 10 years ago (whereas someone on this forum said he got his PR approved 3 weeks ago while on call with CIC agent who contacted Montreal VO on his behalf).

This morning, I went to my MP's office. I have been there when my wife's OWP was refused the 2nd time. The office manager asked for my current details and promised to contact CIC. She just called me and said CIC asked for more time. That our medicals have been passed but security and criminality have not started. Also that my eligibility is still in progress. But that I have nothing to worry about as I have enough points......so its just a couple of weeks that they need. Finally, the MP's manager said I should stop requesting for GCMS note that it pulls the applicants file out of the queue which eventually causes delay in the processing.

Another MP office had told one of my friends this same information about GCMS note request. I don't want to believe that as there are persons who didn't call nor requested GCMS note and still had a delay. Guys, have anyone else heard of GCMS note invariably resulting to a delay in processing?
this is the second time ive heard the same exact thing by an agent. below is another poster who got the same reply
I am stuck at Eligibility Review Required.. Need Help
i personally dont believe it but looks like nobody is sure what the workflow of the gcms notes generation is.

shalini_can

Sep 20, 2018
I just read your extract again and I think you're pasting the wrong extract. As per this the eligibility was done on 4 July which is not possible as I think your MEP was done around that time. It seems to me these are Program Assistant notes who does the R10 completeness check.
You need to scroll up a bit on your notes and you should see Case Analyst notes. That will be the notes where your eligibility was determined.

In your copy paste that information is missing after Review Type... Just after those words it shows what kind of a review it is.
Thanks @cansha. Yes, you are spot on. These are Program Assistant notes. I deleted the words 'Program Assistant' while pasting as I thought it was irrelevant. I don't see any 'Case Analyst' notes in my GCMS. Checked end to end. Any advice?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks @cansha. Yes, you are spot on. These are Program Assistant notes. I deleted the words 'Program Assistant' while pasting as I thought it was irrelevant. I don't see any 'Case Analyst' notes in my GCMS. Checked end to end. Any advice?
If there are no case analyst notes then unfortunately its possible your eligibility has not been evaluated yet. But that seems unlikely. So, not sure what is happening. Check the activity section and see what are the activities there.