+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
So true, i dont think there is any truth when they say each application is different. We know Montreal is a black hole in terms of processing time. Ottawa is so much faster..

Don't think it could have been said any better than what you have written here. This echos my thoughts 100%. I think even if they didn't want to reduce the cycle time in processing , let's say there is no motivation to reduce the cycle time to 1 month from 6 months, they could still make the process a little more FIFO. It would reduce the stress by a great extent. A lot of stress is given by the fact that even some September guys have PPR by now. How do I keep my sanity when that happens?

Also, my friend who applied with me, got his PPR in 23 days flat. My file was not even touched in that much time to evaluate my eligibility. THAT level of variance can't be explained by a generic "Every application is different". It needs to be better than that.

But alas, for IRCC we are nothing but file numbers. May be one day they will realize there are real people behind those files and they have kept things on hold because of them, planned things based on their decision, have spent countless hours and money in the process. May be one day!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Agree with most of what you said. But one thing to consider, is Canadian application costs much less than Australia , maybe they can start an expedited process and charge extra. I am sure many in need wouldnt mind.
I guess most candidates in that case would have opted for expedited processing and we would end up at the same point.:D

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
So true, i dont think there is any truth when they say each application is different. We know Montreal is a black hole in terms of processing time. Ottawa is so much faster..
Yeah and my worry is if processing doesn't pick up now in November and early December we are in for even longer wait. People would be on vacation starting 20 Dec up till 5 January. So last 2 weeks of Dec + first week of Jan is anyways going to be a waste. And even if someone gets say PPR on 19 Dec... the processing of COPR will take much longer.

For now my fingers are crossed for whole November.

Reactions: maverick1982

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah and my worry is if processing doesn't pick up now in November and early December we are in for even longer wait. People would be on vacation starting 20 Dec up till 5 January. So last 2 weeks of Dec + first week of Jan is anyways going to be a waste. And even if someone gets say PPR on 19 Dec... the processing of COPR will take much longer.

For now my fingers are crossed for whole November.
That makes sense. If we send the passport during that vacation time, im assuming someone will be there to update status but processing may not happen. Processing of applications will definitely take a back seat

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I guess most candidates in that case would have opted for expedited processing and we would end up at the same point.:D
And end up being like in the US! One would think ,more expedited money means more staff to handle but i suppose government doesnt work that way.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
And end up being like in the US! One would think ,more expedited money means more staff to handle but i suppose government doesnt work that way.
If you think about it ... most governments and government departments are inefficient. Plus immigration department doesn't really impact their citizens and hence low priority. I would think if their citizens got impacted they would have better attitude.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
If you think about it ... most governments and government departments are inefficient. Plus immigration department doesn't really impact their citizens and hence low priority. I would think if their citizens got impacted they would have better attitude.
Yea read about something similar somewhere.

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
@cansha I just got my note. Eligibility Review required, other thing not started. But I do not see any review required issue.
Fund Met. Point Met. Work exp Met.

There is a due date Nov 8, 2018 put in there. Should I hope it will be my ppr date?

Thanks

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha I just got my note. Eligibility Review required, other thing not started. But I do not see any review required issue.
Fund Met. Point Met. Work exp Met.

There is a due date Nov 8, 2018 put in there. Should I hope it will be my ppr date?

Thanks
That due date sadly has no significance. So it may or may not be your PPR date. There has to be some reason for review required. Just read the notes.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Was just looking through the immitracker for FSW-Inland candidates and found that in last one month only 4 PPRs are issued.
On the website, there are:
  • 23 candidates with August AOR
  • 18 candidates with July AOR
  • 12 candidates with June AOR
  • 9 candidates with May AOR
  • 5 candidates with April AOR
  • 4 candidates with March AOR
  • 1 candidate with February AOR
who are currently waiting for their PPRs.

It seems as FSW-I has a very low priority, probably the least of all because lately, even PNP-I are being processed faster than FSW-I.
FSW-I with Montreal makes it even worse.
Please give me one FSW-I at Montreal with PPR. Although @harsh083 is pretty close to getting it as he cleared everything, he has been asked to wait for no reason by the IRCC.

Reactions: annevn8 and cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Was just looking through the immitracker for FSW-Inland candidates and found that in last one month only 4 PPRs are issued.
On the website, there are:
  • 23 candidates with August AOR
  • 18 candidates with July AOR
  • 12 candidates with June AOR
  • 9 candidates with May AOR
  • 5 candidates with April AOR
  • 4 candidates with March AOR
  • 1 candidate with February AOR
who are currently waiting for their PPRs.

It seems as FSW-I has a very low priority, probably the least of all because lately, even PNP-I are being processed faster than FSW-I.
FSW-I with Montreal makes it even worse.
Please give me one FSW-I at Montreal with PPR. Although @harsh083 is pretty close to getting it as he cleared everything, he has been asked to wait for no reason by the IRCC.
Between April and May we have 7 such candidates. Let's see how it goes. I would have thought there should not be any lower / higher priority based on stream but data can not be dismissed. Hope we see movement soon.

Reactions: gadhvibhargav

kapahulu

Jun 8, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
17-07-2018
Hi @cansha, another case for Montreal....

I just confirmed that my visa office is Montreal, ITA: July 17, 2018, MEP & ip1: August 2, 2018. No update since then. Note ordered on Sep. 27, but haven't received yet.....

I was told that my eligibility is "review required", since my H1b petition was denied last year, I answered "Yes" to the statutory question about visa rejection. I'm wondering if the statutory question is part of eligibility hence lead to the "review required", or it's not included in the eligibility (which means that I have other documents required review).

Thank you!

Reactions: gadhvibhargav

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Between April and May we have 7 such candidates. Let's see how it goes. I would have thought there should not be any lower / higher priority based on stream but data can not be dismissed. Hope we see movement soon.
So did I initially think but all the data from forums, WhatsApp groups, and trackers are counter-intuitive.
Let's hope at least we have one from our list with the PPR soon.

Reactions: cansha