+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha, another case for Montreal....

I just confirmed that my visa office is Montreal, ITA: July 17, 2018, MEP & ip1: August 2, 2018. No update since then. Note ordered on Sep. 27, but haven't received yet.....

I was told that my eligibility is "review required", since my H1b petition was denied last year, I answered "Yes" to the statutory question about visa rejection. I'm wondering if the statutory question is part of eligibility hence lead to the "review required", or it's not included in the eligibility (which means that I have other documents required review).

Thank you!
Hi .. welcome to the Montreal family ... most people with visa refusals are tagged as review required so there is nothing to worry.

Reactions: gadhvibhargav

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Hi @cansha, another case for Montreal....

I just confirmed that my visa office is Montreal, ITA: July 17, 2018, MEP & ip1: August 2, 2018. No update since then. Note ordered on Sep. 27, but haven't received yet.....

I was told that my eligibility is "review required", since my H1b petition was denied last year, I answered "Yes" to the statutory question about visa rejection. I'm wondering if the statutory question is part of eligibility hence lead to the "review required", or it's not included in the eligibility (which means that I have other documents required review).

Thank you!
I suppose you are FSW-O, welcome to the club and be prepared for a long cruising journey.

kapahulu

Jun 8, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
17-07-2018
Hi .. welcome to the Montreal family ... most people with visa refusals are tagged as review required so there is nothing to worry.
That's a relief...I will let you guys know if any updates, and thank you cansha for put all the cases together, at least we know we are not along....: )

Reactions: gadhvibhargav

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
@Skesy87 (December 2017 AOR at Montreal) was asked to redo the medical exams a couple of days ago.
Seems as 'Eligibility review required' other than stat questions, goes to an everlasting wait!

Reactions: cansha

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Buddy your research skills are commendable. Good to know this information. Remedical request May be a sign of PPR. Hope (S)he gets it soon.
Thanks for the kind words. I left a personal message to @Skesy87 and got a reply yesterday so shared here.
If it's a PPR sign then good for her/him.
Cheers,

Reactions: cansha

Ash_Vish

Sep 18, 2018
Thank you.I Am hoping to receive PPR soon.
I am not sure if Ottawa does not mark age change as change as
Cool. Hope you get the PPR email very soon!. Are you implying that in Ottawa they don't do review if age changes since you said it was only a note or just that the process was started in Ottawa?

Ash_Vish

Sep 18, 2018
Thank you.I am hoping to receive PPR soon.
I am not sure if Ottawa does not mark age change as review required but that has been the scene in my case. Probably also because only the initial checks were done there and during the detailed review after being transferred to Montreal, it has been noted as review required. But I personally feel it is unnecessary.

Thank you.I Am hoping to receive PPR soon.
I am not sure if Ottawa does not mark age change as change as

Reactions: maverick1982

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am not sure if Ottawa does not mark age change as review required but that has been the scene in my case. Probably also because only the initial checks were done there and during the detailed review after being transferred to Montreal, it has been noted as review required. But I personally feel it is unnecessary.
It seems Ottawa did the R10 check but test of eligibility was done in Montreal. If test of eligibility was done at Ottawa they would have done the same. It is rather unnecessary but at as per rule only VO can apply the exemption and hence case analyst make the note. But I think in such cases since no ADR is needed anytime the VO sees the application the application should sail through.

Reactions: maverick1982

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Good explanation. Appreciate it. Any idea why @Skesy87 is stuck for close to a year?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
One year is a little scary! What is review for stat? I know it can be employment, POF or few other things but never understood stat. Most Montreal candidates seem to get their PPR request in 6 months, so kind of curious why so long for poor skesy87.

@Skesy87 (December 2017 AOR at Montreal) was asked to redo the medical exams a couple of days ago.
Seems as 'Eligibility review required' other than stat questions, goes to an everlasting wait!