+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Sorry to hear about your case. It looks like elligibility required is not because of the stautory question. I called them some days ago and the agent explained in detail that elligibility required usually for other things like employment letter, employment verification, proof of funds...
And said that answering Yes to statutory questions has to do with criminality.
I don't know how true this. I guess people who are experienced and read gcms notes can shed more light

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Sorry to hear about your case. It looks like elligibility required is not because of the stautory question. I called them some days ago and the agent explained in detail that elligibility required usually for other things like employment letter, employment verification, proof of funds...
And said that answering Yes to statutory questions has to do with criminality.
I don't know how true this. I guess people who are experienced and read gcms notes can shed more light
The agent has no effing clue what the heck is he talking about. I am amazed at the impunity by which these agents have been propagating misinformation. There are N number of cases on this forum where people have been put in review required for stat question. Like now the shit agents say is not even funny anymore.

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
You wouldnt believe how long the call was. My longest call ever. He kept justifying his statement. In my mind, I was trying to understand the link between statutory questions and criminality then I remembered that some statutory questions have to do with criminal convictions. So I am like in a way it is okay. He said he was looking at my gcms notes and my elligibility is not under review for me answering yes to a statutory question. Girl, I can't just wait for this long wait to be over

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
You wouldnt believe how long the call was. My longest call ever. He kept justifying his statement. In my mind, I was trying to understand the link between statutory questions and criminality then I remembered that some statutory questions have to do with criminal convictions. So I am like in a way it is okay. He said he was looking at my gcms notes and my elligibility is not under review for me answering yes to a statutory question. Girl, I can't just wait for this long wait to be over
It is possible that some people don't get review required for stat question. However, I have seen many having review required for stat question so the agent saying it never happens is for sure untrue.

Reactions: kapahulu

canadianpr123

Jul 19, 2018
Hey rohit .. welcome to the thread. Yeah it is not surprising that they haven't started eligibility yet. They have been erratic in that. My own eligibility was almost 2 months after AOR. So it is possible you see your eligibility status in your GCMS notes. Do come back and share your findings. Also, keep coming back to keep the thread alive.
Hi Cansha

I applied for my GCMS notes on October 23rd. Will update once I receive them.

Reactions: cansha

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
He does not understand what he was saying then. He confused me the more because I now began to think something was wrong with my "criminality". My GCMS notes will come in at the end of the month. We shall see what it says. Fingers crossed. Hopefully there is movement before then

Reactions: tobs

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
He does not understand what he was saying then. He confused me the more because I now began to think something was wrong with my "criminality". My GCMS notes will come in at the end of the month. We shall see what it says. Fingers crossed. Hopefully there is movement before then
You don't have to worry about criminality. That is probably the easiest check out of Eligibility, Criminality and Security. Criminality is "passed" based on the PCC you provide. And in most cases the criminality is recommended passed by CIO looking at the PCC. So, yes just wait for your GCMS notes.

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Thank you Cansha for the encouraging words and thanks again for what you do here. Hopefully, some day soon we can all celebrate our pprs

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
Forwarded message from a June AOR WhatsApp group:

PPR it is.
The thank-you list is endless, but here's my timeline:
Single applicant
17 May: WES assessment received
4 May: IELTS result (1st attempt) - CLB 10 (L 8.5 R 8 S 8 W 7.5)
22 May: TEF result (added 5 points to CRS)
23 May: ITA (FSW/O India) CRS - 446
1 June: AOR (Montreal VO)
14 June: MEP / IP1
8 Aug: GCMS ordered via getgcms
8 Sep: GCMS received. All OK, but background & security not started
23 Oct: GCMS ordered via getgcms
2 Nov: IP2
6 Nov (10:49 am IST):
PPR mail received (via DELHI-Immigration@international.gc.ca)
P.S. No travel history

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal

PPR it is.
Single applicant
P.S. No travel history
Guys, Good news is that Montreal started June files. However, it is strange to see an applicant from India having Montreal VO. I thought only USA and Inland applications go there.

Reactions: Param90

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

PPR it is.
Single applicant
P.S. No travel history
WTF ... PPR in first week of November. I think this guys case moved to Delhi and hence a PPR. But in any case good indication that they may have reached June candidates.. I was guessing Nov 15. this seems one week prior to that. But let's wait for our list to turn green.

Thanks for sharing.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys, Good news is that Montreal started June files. However, it is strange to see an applicant from India having Montreal VO. I thought only USA and Inland applications go there.
R10 check is done in Canada VOs. It's possible his R10 and Eligibility were done in Montreal and file moved out. The IP2 is an indication of that. Montreal doesn't move files to IP2.

Reactions: phaneeswar130

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
R10 check is done in Canada VOs. It's possible his R10 and Eligibility were done in Montreal and file moved out. The IP2 is an indication of that. Montreal doesn't move files to IP2.
That explains it. let's hope the wait ends for us soon.

Reactions: cansha

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
At least they spared time to move his file to Delhi :D