+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

shalini_can

Sep 20, 2018
If there are no case analyst notes then unfortunately its possible your eligibility has not been evaluated yet. But that seems unlikely. So, not sure what is happening. Check the activity section and see what are the activities there.
Thanks. If my eligibility has still not been evaluated. Is that a bad sign and should I do something about it? I went through the Activities section, and noticed the below. Rest of the activities seem to be repetitions.

Type: Candidate - FSW
Score: 79
Status Updated Date: 2018/06/20
Status Updated By: EAIEAPP
Related ITA Activity: 1-FCRV1A1
FSWMEC
EDUCATION
Client Highest Level of Education: 23
Canadian Study:
WORK EXPERIENCE
FSW Minimum Duration: 42
FSW Points Grid Duration: 15
ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT
FSW Arranged Employment: O
ADAPTABILITY
Adaptability: 5
Client Age: 12
LANGUAGES
Client First Official Language: 24
Client Second Official Language: 0
FSW Minimum Language: Met
FUND
Minimum Funds: Met
FSW Funds Exempt: N

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks. If my eligibility has still not been evaluated. Is that a bad sign and should I do something about it? I went through the Activities section, and noticed the below. Rest of the activities seem to be repetitions.

Type: Candidate - FSW
Score: 79
Status Updated Date: 2018/06/20
Status Updated By: EAIEAPP
Related ITA Activity: 1-FCRV1A1
FSWMEC
EDUCATION
Client Highest Level of Education: 23
Canadian Study:
WORK EXPERIENCE
FSW Minimum Duration: 42
FSW Points Grid Duration: 15
ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT
FSW Arranged Employment: O
ADAPTABILITY
Adaptability:
Client Age: 12
LANGUAGES
Client First Official Language: 24
Client Second Official Language: 0
FSW Minimum Language: Met
FUND
Minimum Funds: Met
FSW Funds Exempt: N
This is not the correct section. these are your points that were evaluated by the system when you submitted the application for ITA. It is not really a bad sign per se ... and you can't do anything about it .. For example my eligibility was done in August and file was never touched after that. So it doesn't really mean anything. In your case it is possible that whenever they pick the file they will complete everything at one go.

shalini_can

Sep 20, 2018
This is not the correct section. these are your points that were evaluated by the system when you submitted the application for ITA. It is not really a bad sign per se ... and you can't do anything about it .. For example my eligibility was done in August and file was never touched after that. So it doesn't really mean anything. In your case it is possible that whenever they pick the file they will complete everything at one go.
Thanks @cansha and sorry about the back and forth. Good to know that I can't do anything about the eligibility :) Buckling up for a even longer wait :mad:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks @cansha and sorry about the back and forth. Good to know that I can't do anything about the eligibility :) Buckling up for a even longer wait :mad:
No problem .. Yeah actually nothing much is in our hands except to wait. We can raise queries post 6 month timeline so there is still 1.5 months to go. So hang tight and hope for the best.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Guys, I just received my GCMS notes and understand I am part of the infamous Montreal office :) @cansha, can you add me to the list. FSW - O (USA)| AOR 20 Jun | Eligibility - ? | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Received 02 Nov

@cansha can you kindly guide me in interpreting the analyst note below. It says 'Review Required' on 'Client Info'. Also I see I am 'Recommeded Pass'. However Eligibility says 'Not Started' in the second page. Looks like this value was updated from 'Passed-Candidate' to 'Not Started' in the inside pages of the GCMS notes.

Analyst notes -
Created Date: 2018/07/04 16:07:51
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office
REVIEW TYPE: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 446 CRS SCORE: 469 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified -----POLICE CERTIFICATE----Primary Applicant - UKpolice certificate: Provided-NRT - India police certificate: Provided-NRT - United Arab Emirates police certificate: Provided-NRT - United States of America police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse 1- UK police certificate: Provided-NRT 2- India police certificate: Provided-NRT 3- United Arab Emirates police certificate: Provided-NRT 4- United States of America police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality -----AGE-----Applicant's age reviewed and
No Change from ITA toe-APR Document set to review: Client info
From this, it shows that your Eligibility has not been done yet. It is not unusual as it happened to me. I think the trend is that once your eligibility is not done at the CIO, Montreal will definitely wait till almost 3 months to carry out eligibility. As it is now, its just your completeness check that was done. I suggest before you order for another GCMS, call to confirm if there is a new update before ordering. If not, it might come back empty again. That said, you will be fine. It will just take time..........I am in the same shoe!

Last edited:
Reactions: cansha

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
From this, it shows that your Eligibility has not been done yet. It is not unusual as it happened to me. I think the trend is that once your eligibility is not done at the CIO, Montreal will definitely wait till almost 3 months to carry out eligibility. As it is now, its just your completeness check that was done. I suggest before you order for another GCMS, call to confirm if there is a new update before ordering. If not, it might come back empty again. That said, you will be fine. It will just take time..........I am in the same shoe!
That is hard. I saw that they put eligibility review for you, even though it was met. I think you are right, if only completeness was done before transferring to Montreal they will probably take longer(greater than 6 months).

shalini_can

Sep 20, 2018
@Rijo02 thanks much for the suggestion. Hope everything works out for you and all of us. Thanks @maverick1982

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
That is hard. I saw that they put eligibility review for you, even though it was met. I think you are right, if only completeness was done before transferring to Montreal they will probably take longer(greater than 6 months).
Well, am no longer crying over it! Unfortunately, the whole work system in Canada is a little bit above the 3rd world country. There are a whole lot of incompetence in the system. That is why they are really lagging behind their southern neighbour (Canada is actually light years behind).
For sure a crucial job as that of the case analysts in IRCC, their salary is just about $CAD 50,000 before tax. How many persons would actually nurse the dream and passion to work there? And judging from the obvious output, the persons that work there can be considered to be very much indifferent to their work.
Even the government does not give a hoot! Despite making almost $4 billion last year from Immigration, allocation of funds to IRCC is still not considered a priority. Just as we noticed that IRCC website fails most of the time, so also is the GCMS (that is actually the system the agents use for our applications). When that happens, work has ended for the uninterested agents (let me just assume that there might be a few who love their job).
Although I have complained about the agents in different IRCC offices, how much blame can I attribute to them? Think about it.....How many files can they even process within the set time? The Minister just gives ministerial instructions for 3,900 invites bi-weekly without any obvious workforce and system reinforcements. That is crap! Its all about the news that the Liberals are bringing in people to Canada that they care about. The efficiency of the system and staff to handle these tonnes of applications are not duly considered. Even at that, they decreased the submission date to 60 days! What does that even imply? You want us to submit and pay asap right and are files are still not touched until after 3 months? Is it our money you care about?
Assuming that approx. 8000 applicants submit their application, IRCC gets in a minimum of $CAD 8 million and up to $CAD 16 million. As we know, the government is not out to make profit.....meaning that they have all the resources to complete processing the applications within 1 month (if they want). Well, there are no perfect system and I am not expecting IRCC to be one. I am aware that the Canada EE is kinda faster than Australia's. All am saying is that they can do better!

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi all,

I just found out that my file moved to Montreal, so here is my info:

Stream: FSW-Outland
AOR: June 12, 2018
Medical Passed: June 24, 2018
IP1: June 24, 2018
ADR: July 20, 2018
IP2: October 15, 2018

I was told today that my eligibility was passed, as well as my criminality, while security is being processed.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Hi all,

I just found out that my file moved to Montreal, so here is my info:

Stream: FSW-Outland
AOR: June 12, 2018
Medical Passed: June 24, 2018
IP1: June 24, 2018
ADR: July 20, 2018
IP2: October 15, 2018

I was told today that my eligibility was passed, as well as my criminality, while security is being processed.
Welcome to Montreal, another June applicant to our list. With eligibility and criminality passed, looks like you should get the good news from mid-November to early December.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Welcome to Montreal, another June applicant to our list. With eligibility and criminality passed, looks like you should get the good news from mid-November to early December.
Early December is a good possibility. Anything before than that would be really good luck. Unfortunately, we don't have enough cases from May now to see progress. And most cases in May are inland cases ... and it seems like they are not processing inland cases ... Have seen many on March thread also (although different VOs). I hope they come out of their slumber and have mercy on the souls who have waited enough.

Beyond Nov 15 I think we should start seeing some movement in June candidates and luckily we have June candidates pretty spread out in terms of AOR dates so we should have a good idea on their progress.

Reactions: gadhvibhargav

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well, am no longer crying over it! Unfortunately, the whole work system in Canada is a little bit above the 3rd world country. There are a whole lot of incompetence in the system. That is why they are really lagging behind their southern neighbour (Canada is actually light years behind).
For sure a crucial job as that of the case analysts in IRCC, their salary is just about $CAD 50,000 before tax. How many persons would actually nurse the dream and passion to work there? And judging from the obvious output, the persons that work there can be considered to be very much indifferent to their work.
Even the government does not give a hoot! Despite making almost $4 billion last year from Immigration, allocation of funds to IRCC is still not considered a priority. Just as we noticed that IRCC website fails most of the time, so also is the GCMS (that is actually the system the agents use for our applications). When that happens, work has ended for the uninterested agents (let me just assume that there might be a few who love their job).
Although I have complained about the agents in different IRCC offices, how much blame can I attribute to them? Think about it.....How many files can they even process within the set time? The Minister just gives ministerial instructions for 3,900 invites bi-weekly without any obvious workforce and system reinforcements. That is crap! Its all about the news that the Liberals are bringing in people to Canada that they care about. The efficiency of the system and staff to handle these tonnes of applications are not duly considered. Even at that, they decreased the submission date to 60 days! What does that even imply? You want us to submit and pay asap right and are files are still not touched until after 3 months? Is it our money you care about?
Assuming that approx. 8000 applicants submit their application, IRCC gets in a minimum of $CAD 8 million and up to $CAD 16 million. As we know, the government is not out to make profit.....meaning that they have all the resources to complete processing the applications within 1 month (if they want). Well, there are no perfect system and I am not expecting IRCC to be one. I am aware that the Canada EE is kinda faster than Australia's. All am saying is that they can do better!
Don't think it could have been said any better than what you have written here. This echos my thoughts 100%. I think even if they didn't want to reduce the cycle time in processing , let's say there is no motivation to reduce the cycle time to 1 month from 6 months, they could still make the process a little more FIFO. It would reduce the stress by a great extent. A lot of stress is given by the fact that even some September guys have PPR by now. How do I keep my sanity when that happens?

Also, my friend who applied with me, got his PPR in 23 days flat. My file was not even touched in that much time to evaluate my eligibility. THAT level of variance can't be explained by a generic "Every application is different". It needs to be better than that.

But alas, for IRCC we are nothing but file numbers. May be one day they will realize there are real people behind those files and they have kept things on hold because of them, planned things based on their decision, have spent countless hours and money in the process. May be one day!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Adding a few new cases in the list. And more just to keep this thread on top so that if there are others they join us.

Summary:
Total known Cases: 54 || Known PPR Cases: 13 || Known Review Required cases: 5

March 2018
  1. shrey01 FSW - O | AOR 01 Mar | Eligibility - N/A | BG-C - N/A | BG-S - N/A | PPR - Yes after 100 Days | GCMS notes - ??
  2. rajanshah176 FSW - O | AOR 01 Mar | Eligibility - N/A | BG-C - N/A | BG-S - N/A | PPR - 25 Jul after 146 Days | GCMS notes -
  3. ss0592 FSW - O | AOR 03 Mar | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - 18 Sep | BG-S - 18 Sep | PPR - Yes 18 Sep | GCMS notes - ??
  4. yourfather FSW - O | AOR 03 Mar | Eligibility - Done | BG-C - 20 Sep | BG-S - 20 Sep | PPR - Yes 20 Sep | GCMS notes - ??
April 2018
  1. itwarriorkarve FSW - I | AOR 15 Apr | Eligibility - N/A | BG-C - N/A | BG-S - N/A | PPR - Yes | GCMS notes - ??
  2. harsh083 FSW - I | AOR 17 Apr | Eligibility - Recommended Pass | BG-C - Ongoing | BG-S - Ongoing | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Yes
  3. Oksamjackson FSW - I | AOR 18 Apr | Eligibility - Review Required for POF | BG-C - IP2 26 Apr | BG-S - IP2 26 Apr | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Yes.
  4. roversam FSW - O | AOR 18 Apr | Eligibility - Done | BG-C - Not Known | BG-S - Not known | PPR - Yes 28 Aug | GCMS notes - ??
  5. freesoul FSW - O | AOR 21 Apr | Eligibility - Recommended Pass 09 Jul | BG-C - 17 Sep | BG-S - 17 Sep | PPR - Yes 17 Sep | GCMS notes - Ordered 10 Aug
  6. vish97 FSW - O | AOR 22 Apr | Eligibility - Review Required stat question | BG-C - 22 Oct | BG-S - 22 Oct | PPR - Yes 22 Oct | GCMS notes - Ordered 05 Aug | Review Required for stat question
  7. aprilaor FSW - O | AOR 24 Apr | Eligibility - Done | BG-C - Sep 29 | BG-S - Sep 29 | PPR - Yes Sep 29 | GCMS notes - ??
  8. smcan2014 FSW - O | AOR 25 Apr | Eligibility - ADR for employment support | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered
  9. Srukar FSW - O | AOR 25 Apr | Eligibility - Pass | BG-C - Done | BG-S - Done | PPR - Yes 18 Oct | GCMS notes - ??
  10. annevn8 FSW - I | AOR 25 Apr | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered
  11. harjeetm FSW - O | AOR 26 Apr | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - Yes 01 Oct| GCMS notes - ??
  12. Rijo02 FSW - I | AOR 26 Apr | Eligibility - Met but review required | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Second set received which showed Eligibility met but analyst still tagged as review required
  13. kevinboston FSW - O | AOR 26 Apr | Eligibility - Passed | BG-C -10 Oct | BG-S - 10 Oct | PPR - Yes 10 Oct | GCMS notes - Yes, Notes on 17 Sep showed Review Required. Uploaded required docs on 17 Sep proactively
  14. mm062 FSW - O | AOR 28 Apr | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 1st set 22 Jun. Showed no progress after Medical. 2nd set 28 Aug
May 2018
  1. Arminder_1985 FSW - O | AOR 05 May | Eligibility - Recommended Pass 12 Jun | BG-C - Done | BG-S - Done| PPR - Yes 25 Oct | GCMS notes - Received 21 Aug. There was an ADR that was submitted in May
  2. Sington FSW - O | AOR 06 May | Eligibility - Pass | BG-C - Pass | BG-S - Pass | PPR - Ready to finalize | GCMS notes - ?? | File moved to Montreal after set as Ready to Finalize
  3. sirjoe FSW - I | AOR 07 May | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 26 Sep
  4. John4859 FSW - O/I | AOR 11 May | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - ?? Moved to Canada on ICT so now inland candidate
  5. Ash_Vish FSW - I | AOR 19 May | Eligibility - Review Required Age change between ITA and AOR | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Yes
June 2018
  1. Param90 FSW - O | AOR 01 Jun | Eligibility - Recommended Pass | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - | Eligibility set as recommended pass at Ottawa, file moved to Montreal after
  2. aki_arora FSW - O | AOR 01 Jun | Eligibility - Recommended Pass | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 26 Sep
  3. monsieurlente FSW - O | AOR 01 Jun | Eligibility - Recommended Pass | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - ??
  4. Anujithvs FSW - I | AOR 07 Jun | Eligibility - Recommended Pass | BG-C - Started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 28 Sep
  5. FSWOCanada FSW - O | AOR 08 Jun | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - ??
  6. pathwaytofreedom FSW - O | AOR 10 Jun | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 14 Sep
  7. NandiniAS FSW - O | AOR 10 Jun | Eligibility - Review Required | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 3rd Aug | Review required for stat question
  8. serene17 FSW - O | AOR 12 Jun | Eligibility - Recommended Pass | BG-C - Complete BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - ?? File moved from Ottawa to Montreal after Eligibility and Criminality complete
  9. saikatroy FSW - I | AOR 13 Jun | Eligibility - Recommended Pass | BG-C - In progress | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Yes
  10. bazingaaa FSW - O | AOR 13 Jun | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 2nd week Oct
  11. Y@$h FSW - O | AOR 14 Jun | Eligibility - Recommended Pass | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - ordered on Sep 03, received on Oct 03
  12. thebestapplicant FSW - O | AOR 18 Jun | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 13 Sep
  13. phaneeswar130 FSW - O | AOR 18 Jun | Eligibility - Recommended Pass | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered and received
  14. Reddevil_ps18 FSW - O | AOR 18 Jun | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 11 Sep
  15. cansha FSW - O | AOR 19 Jun | Eligibility - Recommended Pass | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 03 Sep
  16. canadadream26 FSW - O | AOR 19 Jun | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - ??
  17. shalini_can FSW - O | AOR 20 Jun | Eligibility - Passed? | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Received Nov 2
  18. phoenixsong FSW - O | AOR 29 Jun | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - ??
July 2018
  1. ValuationGuy FSW - O | AOR 12 Jul | Eligibility - Recommended Pass| BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Received 22 Oct
  2. AmB20 FSW - O | AOR 16 Jul | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 10 Oct
  3. sam.m FSW - O | AOR 16 Jul | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered
  4. maverick1982 | FSW - O | AOR 16 Jul | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 12 Oct
  5. kapahulu | FSW - O | AOR 17 Jul | Eligibility - Review Required Stat question | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 27 Sep
  6. Adeife23 | FSW - O | AOR 24 Jul | Eligibility - Review Required Stat question | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 25 Oct
  7. abhi1701 | FSW - O | AOR 24 Jul | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 12 Oct
  8. naten FSW - O | AOR 27 Jul | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - One set received, Ordering another set
August 2018
  1. Revitej_18 FSW - I | AOR 05 Aug | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - ??
  2. parts007 FSW - O | AOR 09 Aug | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - ??
  3. canadianpr123 FSW - I | AOR 09 Aug | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - ??
  4. gadhvibhargav FSW - I | AOR 10 Aug | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 16 Oct
  5. overnight FSW - O | AOR 20 Aug | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - Ordered 19 Oct MEP Sep 09

Old Cases (Not part of summary above)

December 2017
  1. Skesy87 AOR Dec 2017. Eligibility still in queue for Review
February 2018
  1. Arpatel91 FSW - I | AOR 21 Feb | Eligibility - Ongoing | BG-C - Not started | BG-S - Not Started | PPR - No | GCMS notes - ??
  2. ee_candidate FSW - O | AOR 27 Feb | Eligibility - Done | BG-C - 08 June | BG-S - 08 June | PPR - Yes 08 June | GCMS notes - ??

Last edited:

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Agree with most of what you said. But one thing to consider, is Canadian application costs much less than Australia , maybe they can start an expedited process and charge extra. I am sure many in need wouldnt mind.