+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Johnson Jacob

Nov 25, 2019
All good signs. In the past a ghost update like that was followed by PPR in the account within few hours to 2 days but in recent times some people get it late (1-2 weeks). Also, it depends on whether you are an inland or outland candidate. Inland candidates get landing interview which could come after a few weeks depending on their capacity but for an outland candidate hopefully you should see PPR within 2 weeks or if you are lucky within few days.

Hope for the best.
Got another ghost update on the account. Called CIC to understand if it's and ADR however they confirmed that all parameters are now passed and are waiting on an officer for final go ahead. In your experience how long does this take usually?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Got another ghost update on the account. Called CIC to understand if it's and ADR however they confirmed that all parameters are now passed and are waiting on an officer for final go ahead. In your experience how long does this take usually?
As I said in the past it was almost immediate post ghost update. These days it may take upto 2 weeks.

eecepr2019

Nov 20, 2019
That reinforces the importance of requesting GCMS notes to learn what's going on. We must have ownership of our processes. It's really sad to be denied after such a long time. :(
I agree with you 100% on the importance of requesting GCMS notes. I got to know that my application was in Montreal and under "Review Required" exactly on November 19th 2019, exactly 6 months from AOR (May 19th).

My application was marked review required because the case Analyst claimed the address of my past as well as my current employer could not be found when they did a Google search (through GCMS notes).

I used webform to send all my employment related documents (Employment letter, confirmation and promotion letter, paystubs and tax returns).

After about 9.5 months from AOR, I received a landing interview notice.

MGNCMA

Aug 1, 2018
I agree with you 100% on the importance of requesting GCMS notes. I got to know that my application was in Montreal and under "Review Required" exactly on November 19th 2019, exactly 6 months from AOR (May 19th).

My application was marked review required because the case Analyst claimed the address of my past as well as my current employer could not be found when they did a Google search (through GCMS notes).

I used webform to send all my employment related documents (Employment letter, confirmation and promotion letter, paystubs and tax returns).

After about 9.5 months from AOR, I received a landing interview notice.
Congrats! I'm in the same boat. They told me not to send anything in because I will confuse the agents. Sounds dumb to me but I am contemplating submitting something or waiting, approaching 9 months in a few weeks. No updates at all.

jr93511

Sep 4, 2019
Hey, my AOR is August 21 and they asked for a Request Letter last week. I think that they are processing files in August 2019.

However, I don't know where to upload my letter, it seems that I can't find a button to upload file in my cic account.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/request-letter-without-submission-option.682149/
You could use webform to submit your documents:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
AOR is Dec 20th -
VO - Montreal
My eligibility hasn't been started yet. Is this normal?
Very normal. Also Quebec is almost locked down. So anyone who has file in Montreal please expect lots more delay untill things come back to normal which seems like may take few weeks.

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
AOR: April 2, 2019
Medicals : 19th April 2019
Biometrics for Dependants : May 24, 2019
Re-Medicals for Dependants : March 1, 2020 - PASSED
VO : MONTREAL

On 9th March’ 2020 called CIC, they UPDATED the below mentioned . Again I called them on 13th March’ 2020 to double confirm and they updated the same. Especially asked and get confirmed with 11.2 clause has been PASSED. any suggestions for the ETA.

ELIGIBILITY : PASSED
SECURITY: PASSED
MEDICAL: PASSED
BACKGROUND : PASSED

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
AOR: April 2, 2019
Medicals : 19th April 2019
Biometrics for Dependants : May 24, 2019
Re-Medicals for Dependants : March 1, 2020 - PASSED
VO : MONTREAL

On 9th March’ 2020 called CIC, they UPDATED the below mentioned . Again I called them on 13th March’ 2020 to double confirm and they updated the same. Especially asked and get confirmed with 11.2 clause has been PASSED. any suggestions for the ETA.

ELIGIBILITY : PASSED
SECURITY: PASSED
MEDICAL: PASSED
BACKGROUND : PASSED
Quebec is almost shut down so no point in speculating ETA. There are bigger issues right now.

Reactions: Joyz

ahmed_hegazy

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
August 31st 2019
Today I received my 2nd GCMS notes which I had ordered on February 28th. Notes are identical to the ones I ordered on December 6th (received January 6th), so it may be safe to assume my file has not been touched since 18th November 2019. (date of last Note in which everything was "appears met" except the overall eligibility was review required).

The one major difference was that the first set of Notes was "disclosed in part" citing 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation, whereas the new set of notes were disclosed in full today.

I am not sure if I should take this as a sign of progress, hoping if anyone can shed some light on that matter.

Stay safe everyone!

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi Guys,
Just got a GU and the BG status changed to We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Previously, it was Your app is in progress, we will send you a msg if we start your bg check.

PS: AOR8.29 and last time I called IRCC early March, they told me that eligibility rr, security and bg not started.

Reactions: sark759