+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hi @cansha
I’m a FSW inland applicant. Today I got an update in my account which was about background check.
My Aor is August 18,2019
Eligibility is marked as review required in November 2019.
So this is the only update that I’ve seen since then. My background check changed to ‘We’re processing..’ from ‘in progress’

What does that mean? Should I expect ppr any time soon?

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi @cansha
I’m a FSW inland applicant. Today I got an update in my account which was about background check.
My Aor is August 18,2019
So this is the only update that I’ve seen since then. My background check changed to ‘We’re processing..’ from ‘in progress’

I think we are on the same boat.

My AOR is Aug 29, eligibility RR in November 2019. I got the GU, the only update, on April 1 and the background check changed to ‘We’re processing..’ from ‘in progress’.

Reactions: Kiva2014

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha
My Aor is August 18,2019

In the past that was a clear indication of PPR is near. Even in my case my PPR came within a few hours after the status changed to in processing and that was the experience of many others.

However, since you are inland you may not get immediate PPR as they do landing interviews instead. Also, given the current situation past experience may not hold true any longer. But, I think it is a good sign and indication that someone is still working on your file.

Reactions: Kiva2014

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
I think we are on the same boat.

My AOR is Aug 29, eligibility RR in November 2019. I got the GU, the only update, on April 1 and the background check changed to ‘We’re processing..’ from ‘in progress’.
What was the reason for RR? I ordered gcms and they’ve put my file under RR without any reason.. So should we interpret this GU as we might be passed eligibility?

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
In the past that was a clear indication of PPR is near. Even in my case my PPR came within a few hours after the status changed to in processing and that was the experience of many others.

However, since you are inland you may not get immediate PPR as they do landing interviews instead. Also, given the current situation past experience may not hold true any longer. But, I think it is a good sign and indication that someone is still working on your file.
Thank you for your quick response. Yes, everything is unpredictable now under these circumstances..

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
@cansha I recently got a GU on my profile. My AOR is 29th August 2019. I’m an FSW- Outland candidate. Does this GU mean something.
PS I have an RR on my job experience

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha I recently got a GU on my profile. My AOR is 29th August 2019. I’m an FSW- Outland candidate. Does this GU mean something.
PS I have an RR on my job experience
Tough to say with RR on job experience. Those are tricky. What was the RR for and did you provide additional documentation proactively?

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Tough to say with RR on job experience. Those are tricky. What was the RR for and did you provide additional documentation proactively?
hey,
The RR wasn’t clear. Everything was fine. Only the date of issue of letter was missing. As soon as I got gcms, I submitted the document with corrected information and also attached some supporting documents too!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
hey,
The RR wasn’t clear. Everything was fine. Only the date of issue of letter was missing. As soon as I got gcms, I submitted the document with corrected information and also attached some supporting documents too!
Okay then may be RR was cleared and hence the ghost update.

Aditya0211

Jan 31, 2020
Hey Friends,
Got a correspondence from IRCC today, regarding the status of the application,
I applied as FSW-O, as well as my AOR is 31st Aug 2019,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• Your file is currently located at the local office in Montreal, Quebec.
  • The eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied have been passed,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The medical examination results on file are currently valid.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

I feel overall mail seemed to be on a positive note, my only concern is they Specifically mentioned contacting if the additional documentation is needed even though the eligibility is passed. @cansha and other friends, do you know of any past cases where eligibility is passed but requested for additional documents?. I already ordered GCMS notes and its been 120 days but still didn't get. Also any feedback on the response I got from the IRCC?

Last edited:

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hey Friends,

• The eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied have been passed,
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

I feel overall mail seemed to be on a positive note, my only concern is they Specifically mentioned contacting if the additional documentation is needed even though the eligibility is passed. @cansha and other friends, do you know of any past cases where eligibility is passed but requested for additional documents?. I already ordered GCMS notes and its been 120 days but still didn't get. Also any feedback on the response I got from the IRCC?
Hi,
Was your eligibility under RR? Did you get any ghost update on your application once you’ve passed this stage?

Joyz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hey Friends,

Hi Aditya,
Can you please let me know, how did you get this information. I mean through webform or any other source.
Thank you in advance.

Aditya0211

Jan 31, 2020
Hi,
Was your eligibility under RR? Did you get any ghost update on your application once you’ve passed this stage?
Hey @Kiva2014 , I really dont know, If It went to RR , I didnt get even one GCMS notes till now, Last I called IRCC they said security didnt start and Eligibity in progress. I got 3 GU, one in Dec ,Jan and Mar, everytime I got GU I raised gcms notes, but didnot get even one.