+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi Guys,
Just got a GU and the BG status changed to We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Previously, it was Your app is in progress, we will send you a msg if we start your bg check.

PS: AOR8.29 and last time I called IRCC early March, they told me that eligibility rr, security and bg not started.
Whoa, that sounds like good news!!! Keep us posted.

vaayuvega

Apr 6, 2020
Update Guys
AOR - 6th august 2019
Visa office - Montreal
Raised GCMS notes in feb,received them on march 15th. Noticed i had a review required on my work experience from a previous job.I only submitted one paystub for it in the original application.So i raised a web form, attached the last 3 paystubs and explained the situation.

Received an email from a case officer today in Windsor (Don't when this changed but im guessing, Windsor and Montreal are different) that the application is finalized and to look for request from local visa office (New Delhi) for the passport. Simultaneously Got a new information letter in the portal, with instructions on how to drop off passport at a vfs office..no ppr mail..just this message in the portal

The Review Required was raised in November itself. I dont know, if this pre-emptive step of uploading more paystubs, if done earlier would have made the process quicker or not, but my takeaway from the process is that, get your gcms notes 3 months into the process. It will give you more information for sure and its worth it for the price.

Thanks and All the Best to everyone.

Reactions: sark759

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Update Guys
AOR - 6th august 2019
Visa office - Montreal
Raised GCMS notes in feb,received them on march 15th. Noticed i had a review required on my work experience from a previous job.I only submitted one paystub for it in the original application.So i raised a web form, attached the last 3 paystubs and explained the situation.

Received an email from a case officer today in Windsor (Don't when this changed but im guessing, Windsor and Montreal are different) that the application is finalized and to look for request from local visa office (New Delhi) for the passport. Simultaneously Got a new information letter in the portal, with instructions on how to drop off passport at a vfs office..no ppr mail..just this message in the portal

The Review Required was raised in November itself. I dont know, if this pre-emptive step of uploading more paystubs, if done earlier would have made the process quicker or not, but my takeaway from the process is that, get your gcms notes 3 months into the process. It will give you more information for sure and its worth it for the price.

Thanks and All the Best to everyone.

Congrats! Good to know that they are still working and processing applications.

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
A ray of hope in these tough times :)
AOR - June 10th 2019
ADR request - February 19th 2020
Documents submitted - February 24th 2020
Latest Update - APRIL 6 2020

I raised a web form on April 2nd and received a response today:

Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
The security background verification has not been initiated.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.

In parallel, I see updates on my account as well-
Review of additional documents changed to 'NOT APPLICABLE'

My application was initially accepted by Montreal office. Transferred to Vancouver office around January and per today's webform update it's processing in Local immigration office in Montreal, Quebec.

@cansha My medicals were expired. But today it changed to 'April 6, 2020 You passed the medical exam'. Does this mean they have extended my medicals and if I'm almost close to receiving a PPR ?

Last edited:
Reactions: sark759

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha My medicals were expired. But today it changed to 'April 6, 2020 You passed the medical exam'. Does this mean they have extended my medicals and if I'm almost close to receiving a PPR ?
Yes that's possible that they extended medicals else they would have asked for re-medicals. And yes you may be closer to PPR.

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Yes that's possible that they extended medicals else they would have asked for re-medicals. And yes you may be closer to PPR.
This morning I received another correspondence asking for photos. Not sure how long they are going to take to process my application after receiving my photos.
I did submit them initially but any idea why they are asking now?
"Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications)."

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
This morning I received another correspondence asking for photos. Not sure how long they are going to take to process my application after receiving my photos.
I did submit them initially but any idea why they are asking now?
"Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications)."
Strange request. But it seems like your file is in last stage.

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Just receive the reply of webform:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that your application is currently being processed at the local office in Montreal, Quebec.

Furthermore, we can confirm that the responsible office did not send a request for you to provide any further documents or information. In the meantime, we are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application. Lastly, we can confirm that:

· The security background verification is currently valid.

· The criminal background verification is currently valid.

They did not mention the eligibility part though I asked in my inquiry. But it says that "everything appears to be in order", may I infer that the RR has passed?

What's more, what does currently valid mean?

@cansha need your suggestion, thank you so much!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
What's more, what does currently valid mean?
Not sure may be they want to say it's completed.
But it says that "everything appears to be in order", may I infer that the RR has passed?
Not necessarily. In the past they have said the same thing with someone in RR. It is a copy paste reply and hence one shouldn't try to infer a lot.

Things are very slow given the situation so delays may be prolonged from IRCC end.

ahmed_hegazy

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
August 31st 2019
Today I checked my online account, and saw the status was 'Application/Profile updated' instead of just 'submitted'. I opened my PR application and saw that the 'Additional Documents' status changed from 'The additional documents you submitted have been uploaded' to 'Not Applicable'

@cansha Any idea what happened there?

@OscarTsai There is a strong possibility that they are now looking at applications from the time we applied since we both had some sort of update around this week!

Amy257

Feb 11, 2020
Hi @cansha
My AOR is 16 May,2019 FSW- inland and visa office is Montreal. I called CIC in the end of feb for update and agent told me that all stages are passed. After two weeks I tried to call but didn’t get through because of the closure of call centres due to COVD-19. Soon My application will be completing 11 months. I kept my hopes high in this current scenario, but still getting little worried now as the Immigration is working slow.

I would appreciate if you can share anything on this. Thanks.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Today I checked my online account, and saw the status was 'Application/Profile updated' instead of just 'submitted'. I opened my PR application and saw that the 'Additional Documents' status changed from 'The additional documents you submitted have been uploaded' to 'Not Applicable'

@cansha Any idea what happened there?

@OscarTsai There is a strong possibility that they are now looking at applications from the time we applied since we both had some sort of update around this week!
That's a good sign. That means someone looked at the documents you submitted as part of your ADR. If they found it satisfactory then PPR is near. Or if they need more information you will know.

Reactions: ahmed_hegazy

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @cansha
My AOR is 16 May,2019 FSW- inland and visa office is Montreal. I called CIC in the end of feb for update and agent told me that all stages are passed. After two weeks I tried to call but didn’t get through because of the closure of call centres due to COVD-19. Soon My application will be completing 11 months. I kept my hopes high in this current scenario, but still getting little worried now as the Immigration is working slow.

I would appreciate if you can share anything on this. Thanks.
For inland candidates IRCC conducts landing interviews. Even when things were normal it could take a few weeks to months to get a slot for a landing interview after all stages were cleared. Given the situation IRCC stopped doing landing interviews in person and they made all existing appointments to telephonic interview. Given the situation I don't know how much of the workforce is actually working right now so difficult to say how things will go. So I don't know if they are giving slots for new landing interviews. Given that they are still doing draws for PNP and CEC candidates, my guess is that they will continue to do telephonic landing interviews for inland candidates. But difficult to say when will they schedule it. Unfortunately there is nothing one can do in this situation but wait.

Reactions: Amy257