Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
1 Husband ETA - August 1, 2015!
amhel26 said:
Hi.
I just got my Sponsorship Approval so now the application has been sent to Mexico!
I was wondering, my ECAS says, application received. Will this change? At any time does it change to processing or anything different once the Mexico office gets it?

Also, do you normally received an AOR from Mexico when they start working on the application?

I keep reading here that once I get the file number which I now have I can send the papers for the police certificate (im living in Canada so i have to send fingerprints, photographs, etc). Has anyone done this, send this papers before they are requested? Is it ok if I do it? Is there anything I have to explain with this papers or just make sure they have all my details??

Finally, i keep reading that some people have problem with their photographs, something about not signing the back of them...is this about the normal photographs sent with the application? I didnt signed them or put anything in the back...is this a problem? Should i resend them with the papers im sending for the police certificate?
Can someone please help me understand this? Or is it about the photographs sent for police certificate, does these ones have to say anything in the back? Im so confused about this part.

Thanks a lot for you help!!!!
I had the issues with the pictures - but no that was the CIC's mistake - it doesn't say to write on the back - and if you already got SA then you are fine. This happened when they received our application, they said it was incomplete because my husband didn't sign his pictures....

Playa08

Star Member
Nov 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
26-09-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-08-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
jack87 said:
Apparently I spoke too soon - got my GCMS notes in my e-mail inbox a few hours after posting this. Day 30 would have been Saturday so I suppose they are technically on time.

From what I can tell, the VO received my PGR in December but criminal and security checks are both still in progress. My medicals are valid until April 1st and even though an officer at the Mexico City VO wrote a few notes concerning our relationship (just mentioned that neither of us have been married before, no children together, date we met and date we got married, documents we submitted etc), eligibility has been marked as NOT STARTED. Weird...

Also, Mississauga shredded a bunch of our relationship proof documentation (Facebook printouts, phone bills, emails) before transferring the file to the Mexico City VO. And next to Counterfoil Required it says NO. Whoa what gives??
Interesting, I'm glad I ordered the notes, although they don't say much at least you can somewhat guess at how much time will be left. I don't think they update the status of what they are actually doing regularly, as our application through CIC website still says Application Received. What does Counterfoil Required mean? Good luck, if you hear anything else keep me posted as we are on the same timeline, our application was received May 2, 2014. Hopefully by summer :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amhel26 said:
Hi.
I just got my Sponsorship Approval so now the application has been sent to Mexico!
I was wondering, my ECAS says, application received. Will this change? At any time does it change to processing or anything different once the Mexico office gets it?
Once you get SA your application (as sponsor) is completed.
The person you are sponsoring will also get access to e-case with their contact info. Also, you should get a link to see that application from your e-cas (logging in as sponsor).

amhel26 said:
I keep reading here that once I get the file number which I now have I can send the papers for the police certificate (im living in Canada .so i have to send fingerprints, photographs, etc). Has anyone done this, send this papers before they are requested? Is it ok if I do it? Is there anything I have to explain with this papers or just make sure they have all my details??
I assume you are referring to the Mexican Police Certificates (from the PGR). The instructions at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp used to have the address to send them to in Miguel Angel de Saavedra). They've removed the address (says Date Modified: 2015-02-23). You could try asking them where to mail to to with a case specific enquiry or simply send off the requirements as it is the VO address ... check your Sponsor Approval for the address (or search this thread). Note that for the photos I suggest you look at the specs directly at http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp as they are very specific.

amhel26 said:
Finally, i keep reading that some people have problem with their photographs, something about not signing the back of them...is this about the normal photographs sent with the application? I didnt signed them or put anything in the back...is this a problem? Should i resend them with the papers im sending for the police certificate?
Can someone please help me understand this? Or is it about the photographs sent for police certificate, does these ones have to say anything in the back? Im so confused about this part.

Thanks a lot for you help!!!!
The photo requirements you mail in with the application vary a bit depending on the Visa Office and are listed in each country specific instructions. For Mexico, you should be fine.

For the police certificate photos, see links I mentioned above.

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks everyone for their help!!

I can access both ECAS sponsor and applicant. On applicant it only says received. so will this change at any point?
im just wondering how you know that the mexico office started to work on your application, does ecas changes? or do you get an AOR or anything?

Also.. to send the police certificate, yeah im refering to the PGR.
The address that is showed on my Sponsorship Approval letter is the same that was posted on the police certificate instructions (when it had an address on it) so I guess thats where i can send it.

Does anyone suggest this? Has anyone sent this papers before they were requested? I just want to make sure it will help instead of confusing them or something. Thanks again!!!!

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PCs: 29-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 01-08-2014 AOR2: 29-08-2014
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
agarand8 said:
That's really interesting. Just wondering, it shows your security and criminality are in progress...does it say what date they were started? Interested to know how long running those 2 checks takes.
Criminal checks started in late August, right before they sent me AOR and request for criminal record checks, but they haven't updated the "Criminality: In Progress" section since then even though they say later in their notes that they have received both my RCMP fingerprint police certificate and the PGR certificate (both marked as NRT - "No Reportable Trace" of course).

Almost all of the notes related to security are redacted so there are almost no dates except for a couple - one is called "Security Screening" and is dated a day before they sent AOR, another is called the same and the status has changed to "Cancelled", dated the day they received my fingerprints in the mail. The one note where an officer seems to be assessing our relationship is dated the day they sent AOR - it is even written there after the relationship details that they sent us AOR and request for PGR and RCMP. I can't tell if they are done with the latest security checks because almost all details for the most recent ones are blanked out.

The last time they updated anything on our file (as of mid-February) was in early January and its corresponding note states: "Docs reviewd. File passed FOR". No idea what that means though.

Interesting, I'm glad I ordered the notes, although they don't say much at least you can somewhat guess at how much time will be left. I don't think they update the status of what they are actually doing regularly, as our application through CIC website still says Application Received. What does Counterfoil Required mean? Good luck, if you hear anything else keep me posted as we are on the same timeline, our application was received May 2, 2014. Hopefully by summer Smiley
If you're checking the status of the application through ECAS, don't bother. They hardly update it at all and ours says exactly the same thing as yours. There was another forum member on this thread whose status was Application Received on ECAS all the way until her husband got his COPR.

Counterfoil Required means that they will require the passport to be sent to the VO so that they can attach the COPR to it. This only applies to people from countries that are non-visa-exempt to visit. Mexico is one of those countries, so it's weird.

ElleElle74

Jul 7, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2014
Doc's Request.
18-8-2014, 10-3-2015 (Meds, PGR, Repayment Fees)
File Transfer...
7-10-2014
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
9-6-2014, 24-3-2015
Interview........
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
15-4-2015 (sent 24 April)
VISA ISSUED...
28-4-2015 (PPT returned 5 May)
LANDED..........
2-7-2015
Do we have to translate the police certificate from the PGR? I can't seem to find the answer through search...

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
ElleElle74 said:
Do we have to translate the police certificate from the PGR? I can't seem to find the answer through search...
Some people have said no and some have said yes. My wife and I had her PGR translated to avoid any problems. If you get it translated and they use it then great. And if they don't use it then you wasted a bit of money but imagine not getting it translated and having them return it or say that your application is not complete. Better to be safe than sorry is my motto.

ElleElle74

Jul 7, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2014
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
7-10-2014
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
9-6-2014, 24-3-2015
Interview........
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
2-7-2015
JAMO1973 said:
Some people have said no and some have said yes. My wife and I had her PGR translated to avoid any problems. If you get it translated and they use it then great. And if they don't use it then you wasted a bit of money but imagine not getting it translated and having them return it or say that your application is not complete. Better to be safe than sorry is my motto.
I'm all about being safe rather than sorry. I'll have it translated. Thanks, Jamo!

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
ElleElle74 said:
I'm all about being safe rather than sorry. I'll have it translated. Thanks, Jamo!
You had an interview last week? How was it?

ElleElle74

Jul 7, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2014
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
7-10-2014
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
9-6-2014, 24-3-2015
Interview........
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
2-7-2015
JAMO1973 said:
You had an interview last week? How was it?
Fairly painless. My husband said it took about 30 minutes. It took more time to travel to and from...

They only asked him questions like our ages, how we met, how many people at our wedding, pretty harmless things. He was removed from Canada in 2004 (he had a 1-year exclusion) and they didn't ask him about the circumstances or anything. Just if he had the document given to him at the time with the exclusion. He didn't bring a copy, but they found it in his file, the officer said, "Oh nevermind, here it is, I found it!" They asked him if he brought the PGR check, and additional meds and he told them that he never received letters regarding those things. Right on the spot, they printed him out the PGR letter and later that night he received the email requesting additional meds and repayment of his removal fees. The next day he went to handle the PGR stuff and now that he's back, he'll do the meds up here in Boston.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
ElleElle74 said:
Fairly painless. My husband said it took about 30 minutes. It took more time to travel to and from...

They only asked him questions like our ages, how we met, how many people at our wedding, pretty harmless things. He was removed from Canada in 2004 (he had a 1-year exclusion) and they didn't ask him about the circumstances or anything. Just if he had the document given to him at the time with the exclusion. He didn't bring a copy, but they found it in his file, the officer said, "Oh nevermind, here it is, I found it!" They asked him if he brought the PGR check, and additional meds and he told them that he never received letters regarding those things. Right on the spot, they printed him out the PGR letter and later that night he received the email requesting additional meds and repayment of his removal fees. The next day he went to handle the PGR stuff and now that he's back, he'll do the meds up here in Boston.
Good luck to you both. From what I have read/been told, once they ask for the PGR it means you're getting close. We are waiting to hear back from CIC also. We sent our PGR and 1 updated form to them 2 weeks ago. Yesterday we got an e-mail from them confirming that they received the PGR and form and for us to wait for them to check the information. Hopefully we'll get some good news soon.

fabibeach

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-20-2014
Doc's Request.
02-20-2015
AOR Received.
none; SA Received on: 12-15-2014; AOR2: 02-20-2015
File Transfer...
12-15-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 07-02-2015 DM: 07-07-2015 COPR received: 07-09-2015
LANDED..........
08-15-2015
I received AOR2 on Februeary 20th, 2015. On that same letter they requested me to get police certificate, an updated version of IMM5669 form, payment of right of permanent residence fee and copy of my husband´s valid bio data page from his passport. Today I sent all requested documents march 17th, 2015.

I tried to deliver the envelope with all the additional documents right there at the embassy myself, but I was told I had to use courier service like Fedex or DHL lol (I know, my bad), so I had to find closest Fedex office and drop it there.

Just wait a little bit more, we are almost there......!!!

CanadianInChile

Jan 14, 2015
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
ElleElle74 said:

Hi

Did you have to submit a criminal record check from canada? Or was yiur husband a visitor and not need it. Just asking because we wi need one as my husband lived in canada. We are planning to send thr ARC letter and criminal rcmp fingrr prints once we recieve SA and have the čaše number to mail them into visa office

ElleElle74

Jul 7, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2014
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
7-10-2014
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
9-6-2014, 24-3-2015
Interview........
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
2-7-2015
JAMO1973 said:
Good luck to you both. From what I have read/been told, once they ask for the PGR it means you're getting close. We are waiting to hear back from CIC also. We sent our PGR and 1 updated form to them 2 weeks ago. Yesterday we got an e-mail from them confirming that they received the PGR and form and for us to wait for them to check the information. Hopefully we'll get some good news soon.
Good luck to you, too! It seems we have similar timelines, so maybe this will all be over by the summer.
I'm sending good vibes to everyone waiting...

ElleElle74

Jul 7, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2014
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
7-10-2014
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
9-6-2014, 24-3-2015
Interview........
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
2-7-2015
CanadianInChile said:
Hi

Did you have to submit a criminal record check from canada? Or was yiur husband a visitor and not need it. Just asking because we wi need one as my husband lived in canada. We are planning to send thr ARC letter and criminal rcmp fingrr prints once we recieve SA and have the čaše number to mail them into visa office
They didn't ask us for one. He was given 6 months as a visitor, but stayed 10 or 11 months (effectively living in Canada). He doesn't need an ARC because he was only excluded for 1 year (he could have returned to Canada in 2005, provided he repaid the removal cost) and not deported.