+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Lovelycomplex said:
Hi, can someonw tell me how to send a waybill from DHL in Mexico?, is for the PGR letter, how is it called in spanish? and how do you ask for it in DHL?
Thanks a lot :)
PGR= Procuraduria General de la Republica

If you don't have an account with DHL they will ask you to open one. Then take the PGR along with any other requested forms as well as another DHL envelope and fold it so it all fits in. If you are sending your passport......do it discreetly. Make sure you include PREPAID waybill for return of your docs.

You are almost finished !

(I went through all this with my Mexican partner less than 1 year ago. It was a nightmare getting the request from the embassy but once we did, everything moved fast !)

Best wishes... 8)

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Lovelycomplex said:
Hi, can someonw tell me how to send a waybill from DHL in Mexico?, is for the PGR letter, how is it called in spanish? and how do you ask for it in DHL?
prepaid airway bill= Guia prepagada

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
Part 1: 23-01-2015 Part 2: 24-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
1 Husband ETA - August 1, 2015!
Lovelycomplex said:
Did you get your pgr request already??

charalito

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
Passport Req..
24-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Lovelycomplex said:
If it is for getting the Embassy letter for the PGR, I would email them instead of sending the prepaid airway bill. I did both in February and ended up getting a digital letter in 10 working days (they responded to the email). I never got an answer to my physical letter, so the prepaid DHL thing was never used in this case.

Have you tried using the case specific contact form? That's the one they answered to me

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=mexico&_ga=1.99806238.1865818892.1422323143

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PCs: 29-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 01-08-2014 AOR2: 29-08-2014
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Playa08 said:
Hello,

I received the exact e-mail at the end of January, it would be great if you could update when you receive any more notice as we haven't heard anything since and are getting really impatient to know what's happening.

Nothing yet for us... I think we share a similar timeline - you applied in May of 2014 right? It's been 10 months for us already, but two months were wasted because of lost mail, and the VO had to get my PGR for me with the fingerprints I sent them, which tacked on another month or two.

I ordered my GCMS notes over 30 days ago and I haven't received them yet, so no idea what's holding them up. I'm starting to wonder if I used the wrong procedure to request the GCMS notes. I requested my electronic case files under the Privacy Act because I am living in Canada so I didn't have to pay anything. Should I have ordered them under ATIP instead?

JustOso

Jan 22, 2015
OhCanadiana said:
Sorry to hear about the delays :(

Has the MP tried calling the Regional Medical Office? They "own" the medical process, can actually see what is in the medical files, and are the liaison with the Panel Physicians.

One question to consider asking them would be if specific follow-up tests are needed or if it's simply that the medical results expired (they expire one year from the date the medical was initiated). If a standard medical is requires (vs specific follow-up tests to dig into results from the original exam) you don't even need paperwork to redo the medical exam (since it is a family class application).
Where is the Regional Medical Office? Do you have the contact information? My MP contact CIC directly.

Unfortunately it is a specific request from CIC looking for TB in applicants.

fatimafnts

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27/14
AOR Received.
Jan 13/15 & AOR2 Mar 18/15
File Transfer...
Jan 21/15
Med's Done....
Jul 14/14
Passport Req..
May 5/15
tishness said:
lol, I think this would be jumping the gun... shopping is my only therapy.

It's been almost 2 months since our SA, and we have heard nothing from the Mexico VO... I did email them after about 1 month, they hadn't received it. I call CIC Call centre about 2 weeks ago, still showing in transit and the guy says "Don't worry, it doesn't necessarily means it's lost".... wait, what?!?! Thanks for planting that seed!

I don't want to be a pain and email again... but is this a normal time frame? Do people get AOR from the VO or usually just PGR? I have been looking at other people's time lines and it looks likes usually 1-1.5 months from SA, so now I am anxious.
I'm on the exact same timeline except Mexico has no idea where my file is and Canada can't even find it on their system. To say I'm freaking out is an understatement. I messaged Mexico again and they haven't gotten back to me after a week and a half and I don't want to e-mail them again but I'm worried.

Playa08

Star Member
Nov 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
26-09-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-08-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
jack87 said:
Nothing yet for us... I think we share a similar timeline - you applied in May of 2014 right? It's been 10 months for us already, but two months were wasted because of lost mail, and the VO had to get my PGR for me with the fingerprints I sent them, which tacked on another month or two.

I ordered my GCMS notes over 30 days ago and I haven't received them yet, so no idea what's holding them up. I'm starting to wonder if I used the wrong procedure to request the GCMS notes. I requested my electronic case files under the Privacy Act because I am living in Canada so I didn't have to pay anything. Should I have ordered them under ATIP instead?
We also were delayed by about 2 months for the processing/sending in of the fingerprints. They said that was all they needed so we are just waiting for some sort of response.
I just sent in for my GCMS notes today, I believe you do have to apply under ATIP because both people have to be Canadian citizens to apply under the Privacy Act, it's $5.00 under the ATIP. I;m hoping that those notes will at least provide some sort of timeline.

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
Part 1: 23-01-2015 Part 2: 24-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
1 Husband ETA - August 1, 2015!
fatimafnts said:
I'm on the exact same timeline except Mexico has no idea where my file is and Canada can't even find it on their system. To say I'm freaking out is an understatement. I messaged Mexico again and they haven't gotten back to me after a week and a half and I don't want to e-mail them again but I'm worried.
Really? U have ecas access and received your SA but now it's disappeared? I wonder if mine is with it....

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JustOso said:
Where is the Regional Medical Office? Do you have the contact information? My MP contact CIC directly.

Unfortunately it is a specific request from CIC looking for TB in applicants.
AFAIK, the Ottawa RMO handles the Mexico VO.
Code:
Mail: Ottawa Regional Medical Office
Health Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Ave. West, 3rd floor
Ottawa, ON Canada  K1A 1L1

Fax:  +1 613 954 6211

Email: NHQ-HB-DMP-Inquiries @ cic.gc.ca
per the Panel Physician's handbook at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/index.asp

Since you know it's TB follow-up, the doctor should know what tests are needed from the TB IMEI (Immigration Medical Exam Instructions) available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMEI_Tuberculosis.pdf. For your reference, the link for that comes off of http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/index.asp. It's worth noting that if she has active TB, she will need to complete treatment before immigrating (which I understand is lengthy).

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatimafnts said:
If they've advised you they cannot locate your application and aren't getting back to you, consider calling the Call Centre or even reaching out to your MP. If not, it may just be that Mexico hasn't yet received your physical file; it takes time between CPC-M to wrap up and the VO to start.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
gsize said:
prepaid airway bill= Guia prepagada
Thank you! I'm saving this so I say the right words to my husband when the time comes. Lol

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PCs: 29-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 01-08-2014 AOR2: 29-08-2014
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Playa08 said:
We also were delayed by about 2 months for the processing/sending in of the fingerprints. They said that was all they needed so we are just waiting for some sort of response.
I just sent in for my GCMS notes today, I believe you do have to apply under ATIP because both people have to be Canadian citizens to apply under the Privacy Act, it's $5.00 under the ATIP. I;m hoping that those notes will at least provide some sort of timeline.
Apparently I spoke too soon - got my GCMS notes in my e-mail inbox a few hours after posting this. Day 30 would have been Saturday so I suppose they are technically on time.

From what I can tell, the VO received my PGR in December but criminal and security checks are both still in progress. My medicals are valid until April 1st and even though an officer at the Mexico City VO wrote a few notes concerning our relationship (just mentioned that neither of us have been married before, no children together, date we met and date we got married, documents we submitted etc), eligibility has been marked as NOT STARTED. Weird...

Also, Mississauga shredded a bunch of our relationship proof documentation (Facebook printouts, phone bills, emails) before transferring the file to the Mexico City VO. And next to Counterfoil Required it says NO. Whoa what gives??

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hi.
I just got my Sponsorship Approval so now the application has been sent to Mexico!
I was wondering, my ECAS says, application received. Will this change? At any time does it change to processing or anything different once the Mexico office gets it?

Also, do you normally received an AOR from Mexico when they start working on the application?

I keep reading here that once I get the file number which I now have I can send the papers for the police certificate (im living in Canada so i have to send fingerprints, photographs, etc). Has anyone done this, send this papers before they are requested? Is it ok if I do it? Is there anything I have to explain with this papers or just make sure they have all my details??

Finally, i keep reading that some people have problem with their photographs, something about not signing the back of them...is this about the normal photographs sent with the application? I didnt signed them or put anything in the back...is this a problem? Should i resend them with the papers im sending for the police certificate?
Can someone please help me understand this? Or is it about the photographs sent for police certificate, does these ones have to say anything in the back? Im so confused about this part.

Thanks a lot for you help!!!!

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
jack87 said:
Apparently I spoke too soon - got my GCMS notes in my e-mail inbox a few hours after posting this. Day 30 would have been Saturday so I suppose they are technically on time.

From what I can tell, the VO received my PGR in December but criminal and security checks are both still in progress. My medicals are valid until April 1st and even though an officer at the Mexico City VO wrote a few notes concerning our relationship (just mentioned that neither of us have been married before, no children together, date we met and date we got married, documents we submitted etc), eligibility has been marked as NOT STARTED. Weird...

Also, Mississauga shredded a bunch of our relationship proof documentation (Facebook printouts, phone bills, emails) before transferring the file to the Mexico City VO. And next to Counterfoil Required it says NO. Whoa what gives??
That's really interesting. Just wondering, it shows your security and criminality are in progress...does it say what date they were started? Interested to know how long running those 2 checks takes.