Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
JAMO1973 said:
How did the interview go? Did you get approved for residency?
They didn't talk to me at all, just my husband. He's super pessimist so I'm not really sure. They had him in there for an hour and from what he says there were only about 4 or 5 questions that we hadn't talked about beforehand so it can't have been that bad.

They said we will hear in 2 weeks. Crossing fingers!

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
agarand8 said:
They didn't talk to me at all, just my husband. He's super pessimist so I'm not really sure. They had him in there for an hour and from what he says there were only about 4 or 5 questions that we hadn't talked about beforehand so it can't have been that bad.

They said we will hear in 2 weeks. Crossing fingers!
Have you already been asked for the PGR?

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PCs: 29-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 01-08-2014 AOR2: 29-08-2014
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Have you already been asked for the PGR?
Her husband is from Costa Rica and has never lived in Mexico, so he doesn't need one. Applications from people from many countries in Latin America are being processed in the Mexico City VO these days...

curryx

Feb 27, 2015
Hi I'm sponsoring my son Is just got the letter saying our application for residence is almost complete and they are asking for passport and confirmation of current address my question is my son is studying in a city living with my brother and he doesn't have any electricity or phone bill on his name he has but from his mother house in another town which one he should send?

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
jack87 said:
Her husband is from Costa Rica and has never lived in Mexico, so he doesn't need one. Applications from people from many countries in Latin America are being processed in the Mexico City VO these days...
That is correct. The México Visa Office processes all perminant residency applications for Central America and most of the Caribbean. There are other offices for processing work, visitors, and study visas though.

We have submitted everything we need to submit. When we hear it will either be a denial, or a passport request. They won't be asking for more forms at this point.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
agarand8 said:
That is correct. The México Visa Office processes all perminant residency applications for Central America and most of the Caribbean. There are other offices for processing work, visitors, and study visas though.

We have submitted everything we need to submit. When we hear it will either be a denial, or a passport request. They won't be asking for more forms at this point.
Best of luck!!!!

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
Part 1: 23-01-2015 Part 2: 24-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
1 Husband ETA - August 1, 2015!
Since we're on the topic - what is the rate of interviews vs. waived interviews for Mexico? Anyone have an idea? My husband is in PV and knowing his medical will expire soon - trying to get an idea of how many trips he will have to make back to DF. We are married - did the big wedding , and have been together for 4 years, though I do live in canada and only spend short periods of time down there. Our lawyer thought they might waive us due to the length of time we have been together and that we did have a larger celebration. Anyone else want to encourage my optimism with immigration? (Yes we could all use a laugh)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tishness said:
Since we're on the topic - what is the rate of interviews vs. waived interviews for Mexico? Anyone have an idea? My husband is in PV and knowing his medical will expire soon - trying to get an idea of how many trips he will have to make back to DF. We are married - did the big wedding , and have been together for 4 years, though I do live in canada and only spend short periods of time down there. Our lawyer thought they might waive us due to the length of time we have been together and that we did have a larger celebration. Anyone else want to encourage my optimism with immigration? (Yes we could all use a laugh)
Imagine you don't know yourself, your husband, your relationship. Now imagine you have to be skeptical because in the past other applicants have exaggerated, lied (yes, lied) about their relationship. So your bar to be convinced that this new applicant that crosses your desk really is in a genuine relationship (and not because your husband wants to move to Canada). And, you don't really have time - or the opportunity - to do your own research so you can just judge on the information in front of you: the application, any history of prior travel or comments from prior entry to Canada. Now, imagine you are reviewing your application. What do you think?

If you think you have enough info to think that the applicants in front of you are a good match and nothing that makes you really go hmmmmmm....really?!?!?! then you probably won't have an interview (while there are some random interviews, those are few and far between.)

Also, don't worry too much about the medical possibly expiring. They can extend it for another year, but in the worst case you'd need to do another one when approval is around the corner (so it will be worth it to reach the finish line!)

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
curryx said:
Hi I'm sponsoring my son Is just got the letter saying our application for residence is almost complete and they are asking for passport and confirmation of current address my question is my son is studying in a city living with my brother and he doesn't have any electricity or phone bill on his name he has but from his mother house in another town which one he should send?
They just have to send a letter with their addresses, no need of sending any receipt.

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
OhCanadiana said:
Imagine you don't know yourself, your husband, your relationship. Now imagine you have to be skeptical because in the past other applicants have exaggerated, lied (yes, lied) about their relationship. So your bar to be convinced that this new applicant that crosses your desk really is in a genuine relationship (and not because your husband wants to move to Canada). And, you don't really have time - or the opportunity - to do your own research so you can just judge on the information in front of you: the application, any history of prior travel or comments from prior entry to Canada. Now, imagine you are reviewing your application. What do you think?

If you think you have enough info to think that the applicants in front of you are a good match and nothing that makes you really go hmmmmmm....really?!?!?! then you probably won't have an interview (while there are some random interviews, those are few and far between.)

Also, don't worry too much about the medical possibly expiring. They can extend it for another year, but in the worst case you'd need to do another one when approval is around the corner (so it will be worth it to reach the finish line!)
So what is the determining factor for an interview vs. waived? Seems to be a handful of both from Mexico.

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
tishness said:
I don't know how are the Mexico VO handling things regarding interviews, but in other visa offices often they waive it if a couple has been married for two years or more. My husband was commenting something he heard in the Canadian radio (CBC) this past weekend about CIC practices and handling applications. One of the issues raised was for example that even couples who have been married several years, but who didn't have children were called for interviews. I have read different things in this forum, and I think it is very variable. Also, some visa offices allow to request an extension on medical exams, I would email the Mexico VO or CIC to find out if that is possible for the Mexico VO.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
tishness said:
So what is the determining factor for an interview vs. waived? Seems to be a handful of both from Mexico.
Who knows!? My husband and I have 2 things that could be considered "red flags" the first is that he is 13 years older than me, and the second is that I have some university education and he only has grade 5. So I think they see that and wonder what we could possibly have in common.

For us length of relationship met feb 2011 together until end of April then long distance with just one three week visit Oct 2011. Finally went back May 2013, married by a lawyer the first week that I was there. Big wedding wi both families, white dress etc in June 2013 & honeymoon as well in June. I attempted life in Costa Rica but started putting together application Oct 2013. Went for the medical and "something" was found on chest X-ray. And there goes all my money, after 2 months of tests and appointments with private doctors hubby is found to have TB and starts treatment. Nov 2013 we completely run out of money and also find out that I'm pregnant. Dec 28 2013 go back to Canada to work so I can get MAT leave and also good medical care. Finally get the application sent in March 2014. Baby was born in July.

Maybe if baby was born before the app was sent in they might not have asked for an interview? But they were informed of the birth and it did not change their mind to interview so....? One more week and we will know the outcome. :) I can only think that it will be a positive decision because if not we will be devastated to have to wait that much longer through the appeals process.

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
agarand8 said:
Who knows!? My husband and I have 2 things that could be considered "red flags" the first is that he is 13 years older than me, and the second is that I have some university education and he only has grade 5. So I think they see that and wonder what we could possibly have in common.

For us length of relationship met feb 2011 together until end of April then long distance with just one three week visit Oct 2011. Finally went back May 2013, married by a lawyer the first week that I was there. Big wedding wi both families, white dress etc in June 2013 & honeymoon as well in June. I attempted life in Costa Rica but started putting together application Oct 2013. Went for the medical and "something" was found on chest X-ray. And there goes all my money, after 2 months of tests and appointments with private doctors hubby is found to have TB and starts treatment. Nov 2013 we completely run out of money and also find out that I'm pregnant. Dec 28 2013 go back to Canada to work so I can get MAT leave and also good medical care. Finally get the application sent in March 2014. Baby was born in July.

Maybe if baby was born before the app was sent in they might not have asked for an interview? But they were informed of the birth and it did not change their mind to interview so....? One more week and we will know the outcome. :) I can only think that it will be a positive decision because if not we will be devastated to have to wait that much longer through the appeals process.
I have a friend who's husband landed in June from Mexico. They had a quickie wedding in Canada right before his visa expired - but never called for an interview. They were not together long or married long, so I just don't know how they determine things.

Best wishes for you both that you get to be together soon!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agarand8 said:

Waiting to apply until you after your baby was born wouldn't have made a difference, so you can rest at ease. The red flags you mentioned probably made them want to better understand your relationship but the fact that you lived in Costa Rica probably helped.

Good luck with the waiting process.

ElleElle74

Jul 7, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2014
Doc's Request.
18-8-2014, 10-3-2015 (Meds, PGR, Repayment Fees)
File Transfer...
7-10-2014
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
9-6-2014, 24-3-2015
Interview........
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
15-4-2015 (sent 24 April)
VISA ISSUED...
28-4-2015 (PPT returned 5 May)
LANDED..........
2-7-2015
So... Husband had his interview today. He was a little late due to traffic, but he says it didn't seem to matter. There was no one else waiting when he got there and he had to wait 20 minutes. He says the ladies that interviewed him were nice and didn't ask anything much outside of what was in our application (how we met, our ages and education, what I do, general stuff like that). They asked him about the time he was in Canada. He had overstayed and got a 1 year exclusion, but they didn't make a big deal about it. They asked if he had paid back the airfare and he said he didn't know how to. The officer said that they would send him a letter about that. They also asked him about the PGR check and he said he hadn't received anything about that either. She said that they would send him a letter about that too. He asked her if he could just do it there and they said no, he'd have to wait for the letter with the instructions. He asked her if she could just give him the letter and he could get to work on it today. The officer said, "Why not?" and printed off the letter so he could take it to the PGR.

All in all, he was there 30 minutes. We were pretty surprised that he was called for an interview, but I think in addition to possible red flag situations, they must just do it randomly. We've been together almost 10 years, married for 5 and have a 2 year old. We met when I was working down there and I haven't returned to Canada since. Never had a long distance relationship. He did overstay (he was allowed 6 months and he stayed for 11) and get a 1 year exclusion order, but that was in 2004. Who knows? I'm just glad this part is over with...