+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

oso1711

Jan 19, 2010
for all of u going through this nightmare good luck, is not so bad we just have to accept the fact we have to wait be patience and do not make any kind of mistake cause embassy fellas r really special.

took me one year to accept i had to wait in mexico and now im like weeks to go back but let me tell u time will go fast.!!!!
so pls be patience and good luck

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
mrandmrsromero said:
I had emailed the embassy to request an update on the file over a week or so ago. We never actually received a response to that message; next contact was the "tattoo photo" request! Hope you guys hear something soon. Seems slower than ever now!
Hello all. I've been really busy and distracted lately, and May went by as a blur. Here's my update:
After receiving the passport with a nice shiny visa inside it (around 13 I think), it was time to get ready for the big move to Ontario. I posted all my stuff for sale and waited, waited. It was 40 days util my departure on May 23.
I was able to sell almost everything, except a big professional-level telescope (about 40 kilos/90 pounds), and the last week in Mexico was pure agony because it was hard deciding whether to bring with to Canada or to ship it; of course either way it was gonna be hundreds of dollars. Finally I decided to leave it and maybe my family could ship it to me from Phoenix, which is near Sonora, my state.
I didn't sleep at all my last night there. What for? How? HAHA I got up at 4 am, went to the airport, flew and landed, flew again and landed in Toronto. An official directed me to the immigration office, where there were a few people, not bad. In about 15 minutes I handed my papers to an officer, which she inspected quickly, asked me a few confirmation questions, then stared as a screen for 5 minutes. Not a word in the meantime. Was I nervous? A little. Then she said: You are now a permanent resident. OK.
I headed for customs, which I thought might be somewhat of a pain given that they ask for a detailed listing of belongings and because I had a "B4 - goods to follow" form to submit for when the telescope came my way. The officer didn't even open my suitcase or my backpack. He was surprised that those two were my only luggage. He stamped my goods to follow and let me go.
All in all, it was easy and painless and I was out of there in under an hour. I probably spent more time walking around the big airport than actually waiting in line. HA.

I've been here 4 weeks now. The first week was about settling in, the rest of it has been about looking for a job. Any pointers, anyone? I read on a tread here about being open to staffing agencies/temp jobs, but it seems all they do is accept resumes.

mrandmrsromero: Sorry to hear you're still waiting. What an unpleasant surprise it must've been to get that tattoo photo request. It does sound like you're very close, though. Hang in there.

To everyone who has the PPR or has landed, congrats! anyone in the Toronto-Hamilton area?

M

mrandmrsromero

@ NAFTA: Welcome to Canada !!! :D Glad to hear the landing process went relatively smoothly. Always nice to read good news. Congrats!

My husband and I are hanging in. After the shock wore off from the latest request, I guess we've just accepted that our app will take even longer than we thought, but it will all work out when its supposed to. I get the general sense that Mexico VO is slowing down -- saw some posts on CIC Mexico about additonal security measures related to escalating drug crime problems; so am thinking perhaps background checks are going to take a little longer for everyone. Who knows really ... it is what it is.

I am in Toronto (for now -- looks like we're heading west after my husband lands). Did you settle in Hamilton? What type of work are you looking for? Are you planning to commute? Workopolis and temp agencies are a good place to start if you are looking for office work, medical jobs etc. Employment Ontario might also be a good resource to help connect you with whatever stream of employment you are interested in. I think there is also an agency called COSTI that helps new immigrants find jobs/career paths.

tarnen

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-12-2011
AOR Received.
Oct-14-2011
File Transfer...
June-12-2011
Med's Done....
April-04-2011
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Dec-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-06-2012
LANDED..........
planned for March
hey All... just a quick thought, we are thinking about getting the Tourist Visa, this waiting for a response is killing us and I can see that people 2 months ahead of us still haven't heard any news yet. so that could be 2 months of us being together. Also, my sister is getting married soon and it would really be amazing if my wife could be able to be at the wedding. Does anyone know if we need anything special to apply for the tourist visa? would we need to notify the visa office if we got it? does it hurt us if we get refused? (we have been refused twice before we got married)

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
Hello,

Did you guys translate the state and federal police certificate for the application?

Thanks

Islenio

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
@ISLENIO yes, you have to traslate te state one , about the federal one is not requiered to traslate once is requested by the Vo office you just need to deliver it.

Are you already in process?

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
wooera said:
@ ISLENIO yes, you have to traslate te state one , about the federal one is not requiered to traslate once is requested by the Vo office you just need to deliver it.

Are you already in process?

We are just about to star, I am working on the paperwork, We are in Canada but we are applying outland since it is faster.

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
That´s great , so in that case yes, you have to traslate de state police and as well your birth certificate ( make sure to get the long version ) and your married certificate ( in case you apply for spouse and the certificate its form mexico ), the federal police it´s not posible to send it cause you need a letter from the canadian embassy in process to get it, so one your sponsor is aprove and your file is sent to Mexico to the Canadian embassy after a while you are going to receive a letter requesting it. Hope this helps =)

M

mrandmrsromero

tarnen said:
hey All... just a quick thought, we are thinking about getting the Tourist Visa, this waiting for a response is killing us and I can see that people 2 months ahead of us still haven't heard any news yet. so that could be 2 months of us being together. Also, my sister is getting married soon and it would really be amazing if my wife could be able to be at the wedding. Does anyone know if we need anything special to apply for the tourist visa? would we need to notify the visa office if we got it? does it hurt us if we get refused? (we have been refused twice before we got married)
Hi Tarnen. From what I've been reading elsewhere on this forum, it really seems to be a total crapshoot as to whether a TRV will be granted while a PRV is in process. Some VO's seem much less inclined to grant TRV's than others. I think I recall reading earlier on in this thread that @NAFTA [please jump in to correct me if I'm mistaken!] was refused a TRV before applying for PRV due to bad lawyerly advice; and then while in process was refused a TRV once again even though an illness was involved! And yet, others were granted a TRV with no problem. Once again, it would appear that the standard, highly unsatisfactory answer of "it depends" applies ...?!

Genevieve19

Apr 25, 2011
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-10
AOR Received.
06-01-11
File Transfer...
02-09-10
Med's Done....
04-10-10
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
21-06-11
LANDED..........
27-06-11
hello everyone,

;D passeport request and my husband will go tomorrow and the immigration letter says in the same at 3pm they will give him his visa...( he lives in DF (mexico city) :) and they asked us when he will move to canada.

We are so happy and our little girl will see again her dad :p...

Good Luck everyone, after we had been refused in 2009, we have finally won this battle :)

tarnen

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-12-2011
AOR Received.
Oct-14-2011
File Transfer...
June-12-2011
Med's Done....
April-04-2011
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Dec-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-06-2012
LANDED..........
planned for March
what about if the TRV gets refused again... does anyone know if that slows things down? the last thing we want to do it make this process longer. If we get refused again... that will be the third time for us. Will that look bad for the residency application?

mrandmrsromero said:
Hi Tarnen. From what I've been reading elsewhere on this forum, it really seems to be a total crapshoot as to whether a TRV will be granted while a PRV is in process. Some VO's seem much less inclined to grant TRV's than others. I think I recall reading earlier on in this thread that @ NAFTA [please jump in to correct me if I'm mistaken!] was refused a TRV before applying for PRV due to bad lawyerly advice; and then while in process was refused a TRV once again even though an illness was involved! And yet, others were granted a TRV with no problem. Once again, it would appear that the standard, highly unsatisfactory answer of "it depends" applies ...?!

M

mrandmrsromero

tarnen said:
what about if the TRV gets refused again... does anyone know if that slows things down? the last thing we want to do it make this process longer. If we get refused again... that will be the third time for us. Will that look bad for the residency application?
Sorry, wish I knew. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Here's a couple of old threads on the topic, although I don't think there is a definitive answer here either:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-negative-impact-from-a-failed-trv-on-the-success-of-the-prv-t47879.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t13877.0.html;msg56609#msg56609

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarnen said:
No, getting TRV refused has no impatc on your PR Application at all. But it is possible. My wife got it two weeks ago, and she traveled to Canada with no issues.

When you apply just make sure to provide a Thorough Invitation Letter, Another Letter explaining the state of your PR Process, who is going to be paying for the trip, attach a copy of the sponsorship approval, etc.
Please feel free to read one of my previous replies in this forum, I think it is on Page 51-52.

Again, it is more how you entail your visit. For instance, a friend of mine in Canada call the Call Centre and he was tol dthat is no preemptive reason why a TRV would get denied. Just make sure you provide as much detail as possible, work proactively for that application.

All th ebest you all, another week waiting to get some traction.
D.

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
@Dattad your wife apply for multly entry, or single entry?