+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla, has your eCas been updated to Decision Made yet? After you received the extension for police certs was your next communication from the embassy the PPR?

I'm really curious to know for anyone that was called for an interview outland Mexico, when in the process were you summoned? With first contact from embassy, or after all docs submitted?

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
La_Ardilla, has your eCas been updated to Decision Made yet? After you received the extension for police certs was your next communication from the embassy the PPR?

I'm really curious to know for anyone that was called for an interview outland Mexico, when in the process were you summoned? With first contact from embassy, or after all docs submitted?
Nope, no decision made, but last weekend the medicals received showed up, that was from medicals that were completed in the beginning of April. After the police certificates the next contact was PPR. I remember scouring for information about the course of events as well, do interviews follow the police certificates or vice versa. My gut tells me that police records would follow an interview, I mean you could potentially commit a crime between the time the police certificates were asked for and the time of the passport request, I imagine the time between those two events would be minimized.

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
Nope, no decision made, but last weekend the medicals received showed up, that was from medicals that were completed in the beginning of April. After the police certificates the next contact was PPR. I remember scouring for information about the course of events as well, do interviews follow the police certificates or vice versa. My gut tells me that police records would follow an interview, I mean you could potentially commit a crime between the time the police certificates were asked for and the time of the passport request, I imagine the time between those two events would be minimized.
Yes, I think you are quite right. My former logical self appears to be in hiding for the moment. I seriously need to take an LOA from these boards and find a distraction to give my mind an analysis break until this is all over. Although I wonder if that's even possible at this point ???

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
Yes, I think you are quite right. My former logical self appears to be in hiding for the moment. I seriously need to take an LOA from these boards and find a distraction to give my mind an analysis break until this is all over. Although I wonder if that's even possible at this point ???
I have been fortunate enough to regain most (maybe one day all of it) of my logical self, let me know if I can be of assistance. It is not possible to take a break, scouring the internet for any shred of applicable information on immigration from Mexico gives something for your mind to do, otherwise it can go crazy places.

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
I have been fortunate enough to regain most (maybe one day all of it) of my logical self, let me know if I can be of assistance. It is not possible to take a break, scouring the internet for any shred of applicable information on immigration from Mexico gives something for your mind to do, otherwise it can go crazy places.
Glad to hear sanity has been somewhat restored. I hear ya about the scouring. It is an overwhelming compulsion every day to commence with the google-ing of immigration topics, fueled by the ever so optimistic thought, "I wonder if there is a new nugget of info out there somewhere I will uncover today that will put all my fears to rest...bwahaha".

We should all meet up for a celebratory drink at Luxalune in the 'Peg whenever hubby and I make it there to visit the fam! How's that for positive thinking LOL!

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Yes, let's do it, I like Luxalune! I will send you my e-mail address in your inbox. I am pretty much just waiting for you to hear about the passport request and then I hope I stop skulking around this forum.

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
Yes, let's do it, I like Luxalune! I will send you my e-mail address in your inbox. I am pretty much just waiting for you to hear about the passport request and then I hope I stop skulking around this forum.
Sent you an email. Check your spam folder if you don't get it...that's where my initial messages tend to end up.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:

I found a flow chart on the cic website that leads me to believe that the Interview portion (if required) come before the police reports and medicals

STEP 1 The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga assesses whether you meet sponsorship
requirements once it is satisfied the application is complete

STEP 2 The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga sends the application for permanent residence to
our visa office* abroad. The visa office assesses whether you, the person you are sponsoring and his or her family members meet the eligibility requirements for the family class. (This step includes additional documents if required, proof of intent to reestablish if sponsor not living in Canada, and perhaps an interview)

STEP 3 The visa office assesses whether the person you are sponsoring and his or her family
members meet medical and background requirements

You can see the flowchart here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/3900Eprocess.pdf

Hope this helps

M

mrandmrsromero

Huron said:
I found a flow chart on the cic website that leads me to believe that the Interview portion (if required) come before the police reports and medicals

STEP 1 The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga assesses whether you meet sponsorship
requirements once it is satisfied the application is complete

STEP 2 The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga sends the application for permanent residence to
our visa office* abroad. The visa office assesses whether you, the person you are sponsoring and his or her family members meet the eligibility requirements for the family class. (This step includes additional documents if required, proof of intent to reestablish if sponsor not living in Canada, and perhaps an interview)

STEP 3 The visa office assesses whether the person you are sponsoring and his or her family
members meet medical and background requirements

You can see the flowchart here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/3900Eprocess.pdf

Hope this helps
This really helps A LOT. Big thank you Huron!!!!

M

mrandmrsromero

So my husband just received an email from the embassy requesting...wait for it....nope, not his passport...but a photograph of his friggin' tattoo!!!!!!!!!! Within 30 days. I am too exhausted to even try to figure this one out. Speechless.

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
noooooo A tattoo is that a joke??? whyyyy

M

mrandmrsromero

wooera said:
noooooo A tattoo is that a joke??? whyyyy
Seriously. If it weren't so damn funny, I'd be crying.

AND I might add we are are both mighty grateful the placement does not require sending in photos of any unmentionable locations.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that this shows that they (cic) are doing the back ground check portion of the application. They probably have a data base of tattoos of "bad people" that they compare tattoo to.... (I do not know for sure but that would be my guess) maybe ruling out a similar name and DOB situation.

Since it is step 3 it should not be long now.... hold on just a bit longer and everything will be ok....

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
So my husband just received an email from the embassy requesting...wait for it....nope, not his passport...but a photograph of his friggin' tattoo!!!!!!!!!! Within 30 days. I am too exhausted to even try to figure this one out. Speechless.
Nutty! When my partner came to Canada in 2009, the person he travelled with was asked to unbutton his shirt to show them if he had any tattoos on his chest and neck when they went through immigration in Calgary. I think they are looking for gang/narco-associated tattoos/symbols.

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
Nutty! When my partner came to Canada in 2009, the person he travelled with was asked to unbutton his shirt to show them if he had any tattoos on his chest and neck when they went through immigration in Calgary. I think they are looking for gang/narco-associated tattoos/symbols.
Well, here's hoping his adolescent tribal done in Queens NY doesn't accidentally qualify. *sigh*