+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NAFTA.couple said:
I do see that for some reason the file transfer on January 19 shows an irregular format.
Thanks for the clarification, makes more sense now

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
reginac said:
Thanks God I found this forum.

I will resume my situation and hope to get some advice or someone who share her/his own experience.
I had an inland spousal sponsorship application, after 2 years we got our interview and everything went so wrong and we got refused.
I will resume our case...I came to Canada as tourist and one month later I met my husband, I overstayed in Canada because of our relationship (he is Canadian citizen) and after 2 years of being boyfriend-girlfriend we moved in together and a few months later we got married. We apply inland because it was the best option because of my situation. We even got a consultant to guide us through the process and we had a strong case with proof and evidence of everything since the first day we met, also we have friends as witnesses of our relationship. After 2 years of process we finally got our interview and it went wrong because it seems like the officer had a HUGE problem with me for being "underground" for that period of time. We left the office with positive attitude because other than the lack of status everything was RIGHT, one month later we got the refusal letter and the reason was "Marriage of Convenience". We have a right to appeal but we can't provide any new evidence, the new decision would be based on the officer's NOTES during the interview. He never asked us the same questions and he told us -You can't get a PR so easily, you have a huge problem coming here after years of being illegal and asking for PR, If I approve you, You will go and tell everyone how easy is to come to Canada overstayed and get PR.

We were in shock after reading "marriage of convenience" and we got the advise that the best way to go from now on is to apply via outland, It will take around 15-16 months to get an answer and the other option is to appeal to Federal Court spend tons of money, hire a lawyer and wait for them to review my application again and as I said the new decision will be based in the officer's Notes. The process can take 1 year or longer. It is so unfair that my decision was based in personal issues and not what the law say, but I guess the officer was so smart to put us in a "fake" relationship.

I will love to hear from someone whose app. was refused and now is applying outland, please share your experience and any other advise will be appreciate.
Thank u and sorry for the long post.
The following informaton i took it from another forum and pasted it here:

" You better of submitting an Outland application. Applications processed in Mexico are around 16 months including the sponsorship application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

This is the Operations Manual for applications processed outside of Canada you might find it usefull.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

If you are call for an interview, the an interview may take from 2 weeks to 6 months to issue the CORP and visa once the passport is requested. With the exception of a few Embassies where they request the passport right from the very beginning of the process. The interview is not the last step, it can be but it is not carved in stone, depends the reason for the interview. When a person is called in for an interview, it is very important to obtain and read the CAIPS notes to see the "why" the officer didn´t waive the interview.

One thing that may cause a delay is when a person has lived in different countries other than their own for more than 6 months, they have to provide a police record and CIC is required to do the background checks. It depends on how easy CIC can obtain the information they need about the person who is in the process of immigrating.
Medicals, usually are quick and valid for one year.

Make sure to providebank accounts, plane tickets, greeting cards, emails, photos, letters of confirmation from relatives, joint leases, credit cards, phone bills. If your relationship is unusual due to culture or religion, and explanation of why and how it works. In the case of family class applications, CIC assumes you are lying - so prove otherwise."

I hope it helps. God luck

M

mrandmrsromero

Congrats nafta.couple! Nice to hear some good news.

I just got back from a nice long visit with my husband in Mexico. He is hoping the constancia is ready for pick up this week. Other than that, we're in a holding pattern waiting for FBI police certificate to come back. Hopefully within next 2-3 weeks. It will be such a relief to have the police clearances over with and dropped off at the embassy!!!!

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:

I just got back from a nice long visit with my husband in Mexico. He is hoping the constancia is ready for pick up this week. Other than that, we're in a holding pattern waiting for FBI police certificate to come back. Hopefully within next 2-3 weeks. It will be such a relief to have the police clearances over with and dropped off at the embassy!!!!
I think we have a similar timeline, so I am curious if the letter requesting your documents indicated that you have 60 days to respond to their document request from the date of letter. The reason I am asking is that ours included that we had 60 days to respond from February 2nd. Unfortunately this letter arrived to Canada after 58 days, allowing essentially 2 days to get the constancia, a police certificate from Mexico City (which doesn't actually exist in itself) and a new medical exam. Needless to say stress resulted upon receipt of the letter.

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
La_Ardilla said:
I think we have a similar timeline, so I am curious if the letter requesting your documents indicated that you have 60 days to respond to their document request from the date of letter. The reason I am asking is that ours included that we had 60 days to respond from February 2nd. Unfortunately this letter arrived to Canada after 58 days, allowing essentially 2 days to get the constancia, a police certificate from Mexico City (which doesn't actually exist in itself) and a new medical exam. Needless to say stress resulted upon receipt of the letter.
mrandmrsromero said:

Peoples,

We are ecstatic, to put it mildly. I was already thinking about what to do in case of a refusal (sooo impatient, I know).

Ardilla, did they give you grief about extending the 60-day period? My letter did have the same limit.

mrandmrsromero, I'm glad you can at least visit with each other. I was refused a visitor's visa (before even applying for PR), and I wanted it because my wife was very ill so there was no way she could visit me. It was a really bad time for us. She's now all fine and we're just thinking about what needs to be done in the next 7 weeks. Anyone know of someone who's interested in a Celestron Advanced Series 9.25" SCT? ;)

Cheerio

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
We had the same problem We have a 60 day deadline to respond and we didn't receive the letter until THREE WEEKS after the date of the letter. My husband immediately emailed the embassy to request an extension of time, pointing out the date of the letter and date of receipt. He explained that we do not know how long the FBI is going to take to mail back the results. They wrote back and gave us a 90 day extension and said that no further extensions would be granted. Said that if the reports were not received at the end of the new deadline that our file would be assessed based on the information they have on file which could mean refusal. And that, we can reapply of course, IF WE PAY THE FEE AGAIN!!! Needless to say, we are praying every day that those FBI clearances are processed reasonably quickly so we don't pass any more deadlines. We actually had his prints double checked before we fedexed them to the US so hoping for the best. But, OY, the stress.

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
We had the same problem We have a 60 day deadline to respond and we didn't receive the letter until THREE WEEKS after the date of the letter. My husband immediately emailed the embassy to request an extension of time, pointing out the date of the letter and date of receipt. He explained that we do not know how long the FBI is going to take to mail back the results. They wrote back and gave us a 90 day extension and said that no further extensions would be granted. Said that if the reports were not received at the end of the new deadline that our file would be assessed based on the information they have on file which could mean refusal. And that, we can reapply of course, IF WE PAY THE FEE AGAIN!!! Needless to say, we are praying every day that those FBI clearances are processed reasonably quickly so we don't pass any more deadlines. We actually had his prints double checked before we fedexed them to the US so hoping for the best. But, OY, the stress.
This is good to know, thanks for responding. I really wish they would respond to the e-mail I sent so my mind can be at ease. I also contacted my MPs office (first time ever) and they are looking into it as well, I explained I couldn't wait 2 weeks to hear a response from the Embassy. Hopefully you will get the FBI certificate in time! At least we finally received the letter, I was getting pretty tired of scampering to the mailbox each day only to be disappointed.

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
NAFTA.couple said:
Peoples,

We are ecstatic, to put it mildly. I was already thinking about what to do in case of a refusal (sooo impatient, I know).

Ardilla, did they give you grief about extending the 60-day period? My letter did have the same limit.

mrandmrsromero, I'm glad you can at least visit with each other. I was refused a visitor's visa (before even applying for PR), and I wanted it because my wife was very ill so there was no way she could visit me. It was a really bad time for us. She's now all fine and we're just thinking about what needs to be done in the next 7 weeks. Anyone know of someone who's interested in a Celestron Advanced Series 9.25" SCT? ;)

Cheerio
I guess the only grief they are giving me is not responding to the e-mails asking for an extension. I think it will be okay. We've dealt with this very rationally by making a medical exam appointment in Toronto (we live in Winnipeg). The things we do under duress.

It is nice to see that everything worked out for you!

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
The things we do under duress.
I hear you on that one. There is no doubt in my mind that going through this process has the power to transform even the most serene, zen, chilled out individual on the planet into a neurotic, anxiety-ridden, mailbox-stalking mess!

kdr

May 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
04-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2011
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
I hear you on that one. There is no doubt in my mind that going through this process has the power to transform even the most serene, zen, chilled out individual on the planet into a neurotic, anxiety-ridden, mailbox-stalking mess!
At least we can all go bananas together:) Its amazing the scenarios and "what ifs" that my mind can come up with......

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
My partner keeps on telling me to go and drink some water when I get a little nutty. I am very hydrated these days.

I like to cope with these things by going into what I call "the situtation room", basically its my laptop, printer, some paperclips and sharpies on a table in the corner of the living room. It makes me feel better when I can make copies of letters, make lists and highlight things.

One of my worst case scenarios was an earthquake in Mexico City (bad for everyone), so the news this morning definitely caught my attention. Other crazy thoughts are narcos hijacking fedex trucks.

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
My partner keeps on telling me to go and drink some water when I get a little nutty. I am very hydrated these days.

I like to cope with these things by going into what I call "the situtation room", basically its my laptop, printer, some paperclips and sharpies on a table in the corner of the living room. It makes me feel better when I can make copies of letters, make lists and highlight things.

One of my worst case scenarios was an earthquake in Mexico City (bad for everyone), so the news this morning definitely caught my attention. Other crazy thoughts are narcos hijacking fedex trucks.
I am all too familiar with "the situation room". It is my curse to work for lawyers.

And ahhhh, yes. The fedex truck hijacking scenario. I share that fear!

Keep drinking that water :)

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
It is unfortunate that updated, correct information on the PR process is not easily available. For example, I remember the application guide stated that we needed to include all documents on the checklist and that failing to do so would mean the package could be returned to us, but on the page for police certificates, it says that none are needed, that they will be requested later. In the case of the FBI clearance (which many on this board need or needed to get), that's a major pain, since many people either wait to get it before sending the application in or they don't get it until asked for it. Either way, there is a delay. In my case, it took over 2 months to get it, but luckily I ordered before starting the process and I chose to send the application in before having it. It had arrived by the time it was requested.

So that's an example of poor info from CIC. Let's not even talk about our lawyer (we hired one to try to get me a visitor's visa). He obviously had no experience with Mexico City visa office proceedings and advised us against filing the PR application before the visitor's visa was approved or denied. Guess what? In no uncertain terms, the visa officer who called me about the visitor's visa asked how come we chose to apply for that and not for PR. She said it would've made more sense to apply for PR and then for visitor's. In other words it was a red flag. Thank you, barrister.

My PR process took only 4 months, but to that we add the 2.5 months we wasted trying to get a visitor's visa first (we needed it due to illness) based on bad lawyerly advice. If I'd found this forum last July, I would've landed in Canada in December!

Cheerio

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
There are a few things I wish I would have known from the beginning. I remember the day I discovered that you could apply outland while the applicant was in Canada, it was a game changer.

Another glitch is the list of required documents to get a constancia, the list from the PGR does not mention fingerprints. Very important to know when somebody else is getting the constancia for you.

I also wish I could understand the decision to ask for a constancia and not an informe when the applicant has not been in Mexico for almost 2 years.

So much conflicting information, I think it is always important to remember when reading forums that requirements that apply to a specific region may not apply to your region or your circumstance.

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:) :p :) Husband received passport request letter today. He's going to the embassy Monday. :) :eek: :)

1 year, 2 months, and 5 days.