Med's Done....
27-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2011
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Yaaayyyy Solosunseeker! I know how hard this has been and what a long process you guys had:( Sooooo excited for your hubby to land and your wait is over.

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
La_Ardilla said:
There are a few things I wish I would have known from the beginning. I remember the day I discovered that you could apply outland while the applicant was in Canada, it was a game changer.

Another glitch is the list of required documents to get a constancia, the list from the PGR does not mention fingerprints. Very important to know when somebody else is getting the constancia for you.

I also wish I could understand the decision to ask for a constancia and not an informe when the applicant has not been in Mexico for almost 2 years.

So much conflicting information, I think it is always important to remember when reading forums that requirements that apply to a specific region may not apply to your region or your circumstance.
Hi La_Ardilla

I've read your post and occurs to me you may be able to help with some doubts i have about the police clearance that i've been requested to submit within 30 days.

This is our story:

My husband (canadian) is sponsoring me inland, i'm from mexico. My parents live in Mexico but not in Mexico city, they live in another state in the south of mexico. I got a letter from CIC local office asking me to "Provide an original police clearance certificate from your home country. To comply with this requirement your fingerprints must be sent to the appropriate officals in that country. Please visit the following website for further information:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

Also, submit the original offical English/French translation of the document, if required."

I went to the web site and I found that i need to provide a federal police certificate and and a state police certificate. The federal certificate is the tricky question. According to the webiste The federal police certificate i will need is called the Informe de datos registrales and i must follow some specific instructions to get this form.

So here is the deal, i've been reading some member of this forum aasked their relatives to go to to Mexico city and get the CONSTANCIA de datos registrales instead of the INFORME de datos registrales, that way woulbe be faster. My mom can go and get it for me, i just have to send her my 3 stes of fingerprints, the pics and copy of my id's. Once she gets it she will drop it at the embassy.

Will this be aceptable for CIC or i absolutly have to take the other route (INFORME de datos registrales) and wait 5-6 months vs 8-10 days if i get the CONSTANCIA de datos registrales.

I will highly appreciate any advice.

Gracias de antemano por su ayuda.

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
Thank you so much everyone for your answers this forum it's being so helpful right now.

I have another question about the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales, PGR is asking for a letter from the embassy to get the constancia. My question is if I need to get that letter from the Mexican embassy in Canada or from Canadian Embassy in Mexico. I tried to call to the phone number provided for more info but they didn't answer is just a machine connecting me to another one and I can't speak to anyone.
By the way I already applied inland and they refused my appl. I get the constancia through the Mexican Consulate in Vancouver but right now that I'm in México I'm totally lost.

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone.

kdr

May 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
04-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2011
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Hi ReginaC,

So are you now applying outland? Once you apply and they start processing your file in Mexico you will recieve your AOR by email and then they will mail you the sheet you need to hand in at the PGR. Once your file gets transfered to Mexico City, getting this form from them can take anywhere from a month to three months. Hope this helps........ Are you going to need an ARC? Were you removed from Canada once your inland app was denied?

M

mrandmrsromero

solosunseeker said:
:) :p :) Husband received passport request letter today. He's going to the embassy Monday. :) :eek: :)

1 year, 2 months, and 5 days.
Congratulations!!!!!!

M

mrandmrsromero

NAFTA.couple said:
My PR process took only 4 months, but to that we add the 2.5 months we wasted trying to get a visitor's visa first (we needed it due to illness) based on bad lawyerly advice. If I'd found this forum last July, I would've landed in Canada in December!

Cheerio
Even though I work for lawyers, they are corporate litigators so have been zero assistance in the immigration department! We haven't had any legal advice at all, but quite frankly, judging from stories like yours, it appears this forum has certainly been more helpful and supportive than any lawyer could be. Wish we had discovered this forum sooner. Our biggest problem so far has been getting the FBI certificates - everything from when and where to get acceptable prints done in Mexico to getting questions answered for our particular circumstances has been a challenge. We finally got it sorted out, but the FBI delay will likely translate to a 2 month set back for us when it is all said and done. Oh well, as long as the outcome is the right one, we'll take it!!!

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Congratulations! What relief after such a long wait!

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
gigi1612 said:
Hi La_Ardilla

I've read your post and occurs to me you may be able to help with some doubts i have about the police clearance that i've been requested to submit within 30 days.

This is our story:

My husband (canadian) is sponsoring me inland, i'm from mexico. My parents live in Mexico but not in Mexico city, they live in another state in the south of mexico. I got a letter from CIC local office asking me to "Provide an original police clearance certificate from your home country. To comply with this requirement your fingerprints must be sent to the appropriate officals in that country. Please visit the following website for further information:

Also, submit the original offical English/French translation of the document, if required."

I went to the web site and I found that i need to provide a federal police certificate and and a state police certificate. The federal certificate is the tricky question. According to the webiste The federal police certificate i will need is called the Informe de datos registrales and i must follow some specific instructions to get this form.

So here is the deal, i've been reading some member of this forum aasked their relatives to go to to Mexico city and get the CONSTANCIA de datos registrales instead of the INFORME de datos registrales, that way woulbe be faster. My mom can go and get it for me, i just have to send her my 3 stes of fingerprints, the pics and copy of my id's. Once she gets it she will drop it at the embassy.

Will this be aceptable for CIC or i absolutly have to take the other route (INFORME de datos registrales) and wait 5-6 months vs 8-10 days if i get the CONSTANCIA de datos registrales.

I will highly appreciate any advice.

Gracias de antemano por su ayuda.
This is tricky, but I think there is very little flexibility in the process. If CIC asked specifically for an informe, I would get it. I know that the results of the police check are the same whether it is an informe or a constancia, but it would be unfortunate if you tried to supply the constancia and they still asked for the informe.

Also, to get the constancia you will have to go to the Mexican Consulate in Canada to get a letter to request the constancia at the PGR and send it to your mom.

I can appreciate that you have already waited so long and just want to process to finish as soon as possible, you probably would like to be able to leave Canada to visit your family.

I wonder if there are others out there who applied inland, I wonder what they did?

We applied outland, but my partner has been in Canada since 2009, we had gathered all of the prints and photos in January expecting to get a request for an informe, but were asked for a constancia instead, which I am not sure if it is a good thing or bad thing, yet. For me there is some stress related to getting the constancia that might have been eliminated with a request for an informed. His Dad is getting the constancia for us, but of course I am worried that the photos won't be right or the fingerprints aren't good enough.

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
solosunseeker said:
:) :p :) Husband received passport request letter today. He's going to the embassy Monday. :) :eek: :)

1 year, 2 months, and 5 days.
Felicidades! May ask why it took so long?

mrandmrsromero said:
"Oh well, as long as the outcome is the right one, we'll take it!!!"
Yeah! that's the spirit.

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
@La_Ardilla

Well first: NO. If they asked for the Informe, you supply the Informe. It has the same information, it serves the same purpose, but they want the Informe. Besides, you need to personally go to the PGR in Mexico city to start the paperwork of the constancia, and it's only to pick up the Constancia that you can send someone for you.

In any case, it seems far easier for people living in Canada to get the informe, you only have to mail stuff instead of personally going and running around Mexico City. Also, it has a validity of 15 days so getting it, and then mailing it back to Canada in 15 days, plus them opening their mail in that period of time doesn't seem very feasible.

@ReginaC

The letter is from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City, and it should've arrived along with the request for your papers. If you didn't get it you're supposed to email Mexico City to request another one. Note that the request for the Constancia also has a validity (30 or 60 days I can't remember) so don't let it pass too long.

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
@ jendrian

I agree that an informe requested should result in getting an informe.

I don't agree that a person cannot get a constancia for someone else and they can only pick it up. The instructions from the PGR indicate that someone else can process it for you as does the Mexican Consulate in Canada's website. I think others on this forum have also done this.

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
be my guest

http://www.pgr.gob.mx/TransFoc/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
To be diplomatic, we must interpret what it says differently. Do you have personal experience being rejected by the PGR when a third party tried to get the constancia for you?

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
not being rejected. I asked them if somebody else could do the paperwork and they said no.

In other news, submitting stuff CIC didn't ask you for, and failing to submit papers they did ask you for is grounds for rejection, it says so in the 3rd manual for outland applications

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
La_Ardilla said:
@ jendrian

I agree that an informe requested should result in getting an informe.

I don't agree that a person cannot get a constancia for someone else and they can only pick it up. The instructions from the PGR indicate that someone else can process it for you as does the Mexican Consulate in Canada's website. I think others on this forum have also done this.
My parents were able to get the Constancia for me. I applied outland through Mexico VO while visiting my husband in Canada. So yes, it is possible, not sure why they gave that information to jendrian. A simple carta poder, fingerprints, and the required documents in the list that the embassy provides is sufficient for someone to request the constancia on your behalf at PGR.