+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical surveillance notice

hdjackson

Sep 19, 2019
Hi,

We got email today for medical furtherance notice.

Is there anyone who knows what it is, why we get that email and when we get that email.

Our case is parents sponsorship 2017, dad has medical issues and we got procedural fairness letter that we have not replied to yet.

My parents in Canada on supervisa.

Thanks for replying
Hi jbhkaur, I got a same notice. Have you got your PPR? If so, how long did it take after you got the notice? Thanks a lot!

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Which nurse did you speak to? I am in same situation as yours.
Just call the public health authority in which province you're going to land. List of contact numbers by provinces were all provided in the letter along with your medical surveillance form.

elala

Aug 4, 2019
I need to go to my health care provider to do my xray as it says in my request letter to complete my medical surveillance form. Is it okay to find any walk in clinic or I need to call assistance to have a health care provider?

prasad003

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Hi! Newbie for this forum. I got my student permit with medical surveillance notice for inactive tb which I need to comply within a month after I land in Canada. Can someone help me and share what you did to comply this. Thank you!
Hi elala,
I am in the similar situation please help me what i should do and how much time this all will take.i am still in my country.i got my study visa today with medical survillance.

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Hi elala,
I am in the similar situation please help me what i should do and how much time this all will take.i am still in my country.i got my study visa today with medical survillance.
All the steps must be done in canada. When you arrive in canada call the public health (numbers were in your cbsa letter depending on where province you're going to or just google it) then they will instruct you for the next step. Usually they will send a mail on what test you are going to do (xray or sputum test or check up) then you will send the result to them then wait for compliance letter stating that youve done the surveillance.

Reactions: prasad003

Akash.Bajaj

Apr 30, 2018
Was anyone here able to get this thing done in Canada? If yes, could you please tell me the name of the clinic. This is for Toronto area.

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
I am in a similar situation as yours. I am on a work permit, applied for permanent residence but still to accept the invitation and submit the application. I did upfront medical test and got a mail from CIC that I need medical surveillance. I dont know if I can submit my application now or decline the invitation and wait for the surveillance to complete. Could you please give your thoughts?
i am also in same condition,can you please tell me what you did? when you receive letter from P/T PHA for survveillance.Have you accept ITA?

erhimanshuee

Oct 4, 2018
i am also in same condition,can you please tell me what you did? when you receive letter from P/T PHA for survveillance.Have you accept ITA?
I called Toronto Public health and spoke with TB nurse. They opened a file for me and assigned me a nurse, at the same time I got in touch with my family doctor. They did a TB skin test which came out to be positive. I was referred to the Toronto general hospital (Thorasic surgery dept), Did CT scan to see whether nodules in my lungs are not cancer, Did one more CT scan after 3 months to see if there was any change in the size of the nodules, It did not change. I sent the doctor's notes and CT scan results to the Toronto public health nurse.

Now that it was not cancer after the 2nd CT scan, doctor at Toronto general refered me to the TB clinic at Toronto western hospital, booked me for sputum induction, I was not able to produce any sputum, booked me for another sputum test after 1 month, still could'nt produce sputum. Doctors confirmed it to be nodules due to past infection in my lungs and not active TB. I am on a 4 months medication for latent TB infection which is not active TB but might become active at some point in my life.

I again called TB nurse and explained everything and sent all the results to them. They informed me that they had passed me in the medical test in immigration records since I dont have active TB and I am under treatment at the Toronto western hospital. Then I submitted my application and I see medical passed in my file.

It took me around 5-6 months for the whole process.
I hope that helps you.

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
I called Toronto Public health and spoke with TB nurse. They opened a file for me and assigned me a nurse, at the same time I got in touch with my family doctor. They did a TB skin test which came out to be positive. I was referred to the Toronto general hospital (Thorasic surgery dept), Did CT scan to see whether nodules in my lungs are not cancer, Did one more CT scan after 3 months to see if there was any change in the size of the nodules, It did not change. I sent the doctor's notes and CT scan results to the Toronto public health nurse.

Now that it was not cancer after the 2nd CT scan, doctor at Toronto general refered me to the TB clinic at Toronto western hospital, booked me for sputum induction, I was not able to produce any sputum, booked me for another sputum test after 1 month, still could'nt produce sputum. Doctors confirmed it to be nodules due to past infection in my lungs and not active TB. I am on a 4 months medication for latent TB infection which is not active TB but might become active at some point in my life.

I again called TB nurse and explained everything and sent all the results to them. They informed me that they had passed me in the medical test in immigration records since I dont have active TB and I am under treatment at the Toronto western hospital. Then I submitted my application and I see medical passed in my file.

It took me around 5-6 months for the whole process.
I hope that helps you.
hi manushee
thanks a lot for your prompt reply,and congrats that you pass the medical.
i need some more info,i also gone through all test including spuct and other test also completed 6 months of course in 2012 (montreal)
now i am applying for PR,i gonna through upfront medical for PR,and meanwhile my work permit extension is in progress through company representative.My representative received email and he pass the same to me.
He dont aware about the reason behind the medical test.
now i need to wait for reply from public health dept? where i can contact to book for medial survveillance test?
when you accept ITA?when you complete 6 months course or before when treatment was going on?

vverma

Mar 16, 2020
Hi,
I got a medical surveillance too. I received my confirmation of PR letter last Friday. I was going to do my landing paperwork today but I just found out they have closed down all the offices till April 13th, I mean, I am supposed to report within 30 days to a medical clinic and how is that gonna be possible with the current situation ?
Can someone advise on what should I do ?
Also, I am trying to reach their office number which is not working, Is there any emergency line where I can talk about this issue.
Please advise. I am really tensed right now.

Thanks

Akash.Bajaj

Apr 30, 2018
Hi,
I got a medical surveillance too. I received my confirmation of PR letter last Friday. I was going to do my landing paperwork today but I just found out they have closed down all the offices till April 13th, I mean, I am supposed to report within 30 days to a medical clinic and how is that gonna be possible with the current situation ?
Can someone advise on what should I do ?
Also, I am trying to reach their office number which is not working, Is there any emergency line where I can talk about this issue.
Please advise. I am really tensed right now.

Thanks
Don't worry about it. I was in the same boat (as in I also had to report in 30 days). I live in the US and I landed in September and became PR. As soon as I entered Canada, I called them and reported that I am now in Canada but I have to leave in 2 days since I am not moving permanently today. They said you've informed us and your job is done but whenever you come back, call us again and report as soon as possible.

Three months past by and in December I received a letter that I have to get the medical thing done by January first week. I got tensed and again emailed/called the nurse. She said that the letter doesn't hold any value since you are not in Canada but once you are back, call us & then go for Medicals. It is March already and I still haven't gone to Canada. Now with all the Coronavirus thing, I am planning to go in May/June.

Let me know if you still have any doubts.

vverma

Mar 16, 2020
Don't worry about it. I was in the same boat (as in I also had to report in 30 days). I live in the US and I landed in September and became PR. As soon as I entered Canada, I called them and reported that I am now in Canada but I have to leave in 2 days since I am not moving permanently today. They said you've informed us and your job is done but whenever you come back, call us again and report as soon as possible.

Three months past by and in December I received a letter that I have to get the medical thing done by January first week. I got tensed and again emailed/called the nurse. She said that the letter doesn't hold any value since you are not in Canada but once you are back, call us & then go for Medicals. It is March already and I still haven't gone to Canada. Now with all the Coronavirus thing, I am planning to go in May/June.

Let me know if you still have any doubts.

vverma

Mar 16, 2020
But I am in Canada already. I am on work permit just converted to a PR. I need to contact office within 30 days but the office is closed till april

Akash.Bajaj

Apr 30, 2018
But I am in Canada already. I am on work permit just converted to a PR. I need to contact office within 30 days but the office is closed till april
Did you try calling them? Which province are you in? And what number/email address are you using?