+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical surveillance notice

Masingh$1978

Feb 15, 2020
Hii
I am currenlty on visitor visa in Ontario and I have applied for Visa visa/ got email from IRCC stating to Medical Surveillance. I applied for work permit within from Canada. As per their email of last week, they asked my address in Canada, c which i Replied same day.
Thereafter neither I received any reply from IRCC
Nor any reply from MHB.
Please reply me what i should do ?

mahi

May 25, 2020
I called Toronto Public health and spoke with TB nurse. They opened a file for me and assigned me a nurse, at the same time I got in touch with my family doctor. They did a TB skin test which came out to be positive. I was referred to the Toronto general hospital (Thorasic surgery dept), Did CT scan to see whether nodules in my lungs are not cancer, Did one more CT scan after 3 months to see if there was any change in the size of the nodules, It did not change. I sent the doctor's notes and CT scan results to the Toronto public health nurse.

Now that it was not cancer after the 2nd CT scan, doctor at Toronto general refered me to the TB clinic at Toronto western hospital, booked me for sputum induction, I was not able to produce any sputum, booked me for another sputum test after 1 month, still could'nt produce sputum. Doctors confirmed it to be nodules due to past infection in my lungs and not active TB. I am on a 4 months medication for latent TB infection which is not active TB but might become active at some point in my life.

I again called TB nurse and explained everything and sent all the results to them. They informed me that they had passed me in the medical test in immigration records since I dont have active TB and I am under treatment at the Toronto western hospital. Then I submitted my application and I see medical passed in my file.

It took me around 5-6 months for the whole process.
I hope that helps you.
Hi, Good to hear that you passed the medical test. Did you pay for the CT scans? I have heard that immigrants who are placed under medical surveillance, are placed under TB UP program. But my nurse said I have to pay by my own for CT scan. How can I be eligible for UP program, because being a student it's very difficult to afford it.

erhimanshuee

Oct 4, 2018
Hi, Good to hear that you passed the medical test. Did you pay for the CT scans? I have heard that immigrants who are placed under medical surveillance, are placed under TB UP program. But my nurse said I have to pay by my own for CT scan. How can I be eligible for UP program, because being a student it's very difficult to afford it.
Hi,
I did not pay for CT Scan as it was covered under Ontario health card. If the nurse is asking you to pay for CT Scan you might be able to get it done through your University/college medical insurance.

Ayyeth

Dec 3, 2020
Call Public Health Toronto. Speak to a lady named Anita. She is a TB Nurse.
Most probably a lot of these emails have gone out in error.
When I spoke with her she took my case and went and checked with IRCC and they confirmed i don't need any follow up or surveillance.
Your case may be similar.
Thank you for the info,I just called public health and looking for Anita, but unfortunately bcuz of Covid they deployed and they had no idea, where is she?

Is there anyone here can help me, I'm almost loosing hope who am I call.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the info,I just called public health and looking for Anita, but unfortunately bcuz of Covid they deployed and they had no idea, where is she?

Is there anyone here can help me, I'm almost loosing hope who am I call.
Call public health and explain your issue versus asking for a specific person.

Ayyeth

Dec 3, 2020
Thank you for the info, it means a lot to me. I speak to one of the customer service it says bcuz of Covid, medical surveilance is hold.. nothing they can do about that.
Any advice, sorry guys I feel so hopeless, all I wanted is to be with my mother..

Arjun Singh Rawat

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Thank you for the info, it means a lot to me. I speak to one of the customer service it says bcuz of Covid, medical surveilance is hold.. nothing they can do about that.
Any advice, sorry guys I feel so hopeless, all I wanted is to be with my mother..
Hi,
I am in the same boat. If you have any lead please let me know.
thanks

Techie_lee

Dec 26, 2020
My mom received an email stating to comply a medical surveilance, we are applying her for sponsorship and she is already here in BC as a tourist. She had her medicals done last Dec. 7, on Dec. 22 her account states that she passed medical examintions. Now we are wondering if we would still need to do the surveilance requirement.the surveilance email came in on the 23rd...

Beth lee

Jan 23, 2021
Hi,
i was given medical surveillance notice with my study visa. i have completed that after landing. Now i am applying for pgwp, do i need to undergo medical exam again?
Can someone answer this please.

May 5, 2020
Category........
WP
Hi.

I also received medical surveillance in gckey today. I am not yet in Canada, planning to go there in March. My question is will a person under medical surveillance not allowed to work in any medical facility or any healthcare job? I am worried since I am a nurse and my only work experience is related to healthcare and safety.

Thanks in advance for your response. Hope somebody can give light to my query.

cheramz

Apr 3, 2017
Hi,
i was given medical surveillance notice with my study visa. i have completed that after landing. Now i am applying for pgwp, do i need to undergo medical exam again?
Can someone answer this please.
As far as I know, you don't need to unless policy have change. I had in the same situation as you when I got here to study in 2018 and did comply with the surveillance within 30 days. When I applied for PGWP, it was approved without doing another medical exam.