+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARITAL STATUS change after getting PPR

Jun 29, 2017
Hey Guys,

i got married while my PR is under process and now trying to add my wife to the same application. Has any one done the same?

Have some questions. Do we need to submit two forms of IMM008, IMM5406? One for me and one for my wife? Or is it just one? Coz in the letter they mention (Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP) So is it just one form or Two?
You need to submit two forms. one completed by your spouse and the other completed by you.

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
You can send a Case Specific Query and inform them or you can also send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca or by fax. Which method did you use to inform IRCC?
I used both methods to be on the safe side. It took about two weeks to get an reopening of application for adding spouse.

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
You need to submit two forms. one completed by your spouse and the other completed by you.
Very confused about IMM0008. It says that only principal applicant should fill this form. If my wife fill it it will still be the very same as the one I am filling it.
Who should sign the one that my wife is filling it??

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Dependant(s)
You, the principal applicant must answer each question on behalf of each of your dependant(s).

Note: Remember that all questions in this section are about your dependant. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens.

You can add up to five (5) dependants in this form (IMM 0008) (PDF, 553.83 KB).

To add a new dependant to the application, click the “Add Dependant” button, located at the bottom of the page.

To remove a dependant from the application, click the “Remove Dependant” button.

If you have more than five (5) family members, you must complete the Additional Dependants/Declaration(IMM 0008DEP) (PDF, 424.19 KB) form for each additional family member in order to include everyone in your application.

Note
Important
You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t, you will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application.

CIC says they need IMM0008 filled by spouse.
The instructions says it should only be filled and signed by the principal applicant. In this case there will be only one IMM0008 with dependant info added and not two separate forms of it??

If anybody can share his experience
Cheers

Jun 29, 2017
Very confused about IMM0008. It says that only principal applicant should fill this form. If my wife fill it it will still be the very same as the one I am filling it.
Who should sign the one that my wife is filling it??
Ok so for the IM0008 you are required to fill it out this form and after completing you should validate and attach your signature. Your wife will also fill out an IM0008 and sign hers as well.

If you notice at Quesiton 3 it asks how many family members are included in the application and at Question 13 it asks you to state your marital status, date of marriage and name of spouse.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Darko986

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
What are the documents required if Principle applicant's PR is in process (awaiting PPR) and PA gets married to a spouse who is a Canadian Permanent Resident but temporarily residing outside Canada?

the spouse already has a PR so I don't think they need to go medical or police verification ?

Jun 29, 2017
Dependant(s)
You, the principal applicant must answer each question on behalf of each of your dependant(s).

Note: Remember that all questions in this section are about your dependant. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens.

You can add up to five (5) dependants in this form (IMM 0008) (PDF, 553.83 KB).

To add a new dependant to the application, click the “Add Dependant” button, located at the bottom of the page.

To remove a dependant from the application, click the “Remove Dependant” button.

If you have more than five (5) family members, you must complete the Additional Dependants/Declaration(IMM 0008DEP) (PDF, 424.19 KB) form for each additional family member in order to include everyone in your application.

Note
Important
You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t, you will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application.

CIC says they need IMM0008 filled by spouse.
The instructions says it should only be filled and signed by the principal applicant. In this case there will be only one IMM0008 with dependant info added and not two separate forms of it??

If anybody can share his experience
Cheers
If you notice on the spousal request document it clearly says: Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse.

Although the instruction guide says otherwise, you must follow the instructions given to you in the spousal request letter. You and your spouse must fill out your own set of forms and signed them.

Reactions: Darko986

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
If you notice on the spousal request document it clearly says: Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse.

Although the instruction guide says otherwise, you must follow the instructions given to you in the spousal request letter. You and your spouse must fill out your own set of forms and signed them.
Hey PatientApplicant
Thank you for the guide very helpful!!

Just one more thing. The one my wife is filling it, does she need to fill it like she is the principal applicant and add me as dependent or it would be the very same order as mine, but just signed by her?

Cheers

Jun 29, 2017
Hey PatientApplicant
Thank you for the guide very helpful!!

Just one more thing. The one my wife is filling it, does she need to fill it like she is the principal applicant and add me as dependent or it would be the very same order as mine, but just signed by her?

Cheers
Hey glad to help. Yes, she would fill it out as if she were the principal applicant and add you as a dependent.

Mann3Queen

Jun 27, 2016
I replied to the PPR mail which I had received informing about the marital status change along with my marriage certificate.

They acknowledged the email & sent me a document list of & other supporting info that needed to be submitted in MyCIC account.. A link was enabled in MyCIC to upload these docs..
Hi,

How many links opened in your myCIC account? Did you collate all your documents into a single PDF file and upload it? I am asking because I am in a similar situation. My representative replied to the PPR email informing them of my status change. CIC responded with the same list of documents. But in my myCIc account, only one link is available to upload all these documents.

Mann3Queen

Jun 27, 2016
Hi,

I am in a similar situation; I got the PPR email and then got married almost immediately. I informed CIC and they gave me a list of documents to submit. A single link was enabled in my myCIC account (applied through representative). Is this expected? I mean, should I have expected a separate link for each type of document? TIA!

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Its already more than 9 weeks since i sent the docs and 7 weeks sonce they acknowledged the docs for my spouse. No decision made till now. Starting to get restless. Anyone in similar boat or anyone with experience???

Jun 29, 2017
Its already more than 9 weeks since i sent the docs and 7 weeks since they acknowledged the docs for my spouse. No decision made till now. Starting to get restless. Anyone in similar boat or anyone with experience???
No you are not alone. My spouse uploaded my documents in April. Almost 5 months later, still no word.

Jun 29, 2017
Hi,

How many links opened in your myCIC account? Did you collate all your documents into a single PDF file and upload it? I am asking because I am in a similar situation. My representative replied to the PPR email informing them of my status change. CIC responded with the same list of documents. But in my myCIc account, only one link is available to upload all these documents.
Only 1 link will be made available for you to upload the documents. You will have to collate all the documents into one file and then compress the file to under 4MB.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
What are the documents required if Principle applicant's PR is in process (awaiting PPR) and PA gets married to a spouse who is a Canadian Permanent Resident but temporarily residing outside Canada?

the spouse already has a PR so I don't think they need to go medical or police verification ?
You send IRCC a webform email about your change of marital status,, highlighting the fact that your new spouse is already a PR of Canada. Attach a scan of the marriage certificate, spouse's passport and PR card, and request instructions. They may make you update forms, but it will not be a big deal.