12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017

om.awasthi.in

Aug 7, 2016
Hi All,

I am in a similar situation where I got married post getting an E-Apr. I have informed the IRCC as well as Delhi High Commission (since my file is in Delhi at the moment) about the change in my status and below is the reply I received from the Delhi High Commission. I do not want to add points for my spouse but just add him to my application. How do I go about this situation? Please advice since I am confused about what to do next.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

A change in your family status may affect the processing requirements for your application or the category in which your application is processed. It may also affect the total processing time for your application. If you get married or divorced, give birth to or adopt a child, or if a member of your immediate family passes away while your application for permanent residence is in process, you need to advise the visa office as soon as possible of your change of family composition.

If you do not request to include your spouse on your application, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

If you applied under the Economic Class, you must also take into account that the amount of money that you need to have to support your family is determined by the size of your family and the cost of living in Canada. Therefore, as your family size has increased, you must increase the amount of settlement funds required to immigrate to Canada.

If you applied under the Family Class, you must have a new spouse or child added to both the sponsorship in Canada (and pay the processing fee to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga) and to the permanent resident application being processed at the visa office overseas. In order to add a new dependant to a sponsorship, the sponsor must call in Canada 1-800-242-2210 and ask for the appropriate forms and instructions

To advise us of a change to your family composition, please send us a signed letter (the letter may be scanned and sent as an email attachment) providing us with all required changes to your file. The following information must be included in the letter if we are to make the changes:

- full name,
- date of birth,
- file number [Letter followed by a nine-digit number],
- telephone number, including area code,
- fax number, including area code, and
- mailing address

As we require your signature on this information, please note that your current family composition has not been amended in our records.

How to add your spouse to your application:

If your spouse is NOT a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, he or she must be examined in the context of your application, whether or not he or she will accompany you to Canada. He or she will have to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form upon reception of the documents listed below.

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse
- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form completed and signed by your spouse
- processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse
- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s valid passport (s) both valid and expired.
- four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself.
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- if you applied as a Skilled Worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

The required forms can be downloaded at: cic

Passport-sized photographs must meet these specifications: cic

Information about the fees that must be paid can be found here:
cic

Your spouse will need to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form and instructions after receiving the documents listed above. Be aware that even non-accompanying dependants must undergo medical examinations.

We trust that this information will assist you in adding your spouse to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

You may find information about our processing times at this link: cic. Please note that, if your file is being treated within the time frames listed on the website, we will be unable to respond further to your query.

You may also check the basic status of your file on-line by using the “Client Application Status” function in the “On-line services” section of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website at cic

We will contact you if there is any further information we require.

Sincerely,

Client Service Unit, Immigration - 08.
High Commission of Canada in India / Government of Canada

Dear can you please let us know how much time it took for you to chnage the status and get the Copr again.

ankitban.27

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Guys, Please reply how much time does this process take and what are the rejection chances after adding a spouse post COPR.

angelynn_00

Sep 8, 2016
Dear can you please let us know how much time it took for you to chnage the status and get the Copr again.
Hi. In my case, I got my copr after my status change. I think there was a delay of about 2-3 months in getting a copr because of this. But we'll worth the wait since both me and my husband got the Copr.

rainmaker86

Oct 12, 2017
The above comment is correct. You need to provide two separate completed IMM 5406 and IMM 008 for yourself and spouse.
Hi,

I am filling IMM 0008 Form for my spouse for adding her as a dependant to my PR Application due to change in my marital status after COPR. However, I dont which program is to be selected in IMM0008 Form for Spouse. Is it Economic and then Skilled Worker or Is it Family and Spouse.

In case of my IMM 0008 form I selected Economic and Skilled Worker for myself.

Please guide.

rainmaker86

Oct 12, 2017
Hi. In my case, I got my copr after my status change. I think there was a delay of about 2-3 months in getting a copr because of this. But we'll worth the wait since both me and my husband got the Copr.
The above comment is correct. You need to provide two separate completed IMM 5406 and IMM 008 for yourself and spouse.
Hi,

I am filling IMM 0008 Form for my spouse for adding her as a dependant to my PR Application due to change in my marital status after COPR. However, I dont which program is to be selected in IMM0008 Form for Spouse. Is it Economic and then Skilled Worker or Is it Family and Spouse.

In case of my IMM 0008 form I selected Economic and Skilled Worker for myself.

Please guide.

Rassgogo

Aug 24, 2017
You need to compress them after converting into PDF files. Then merge all of them together and then compress again so that the file size doesn't exceed 4mb! Merging and compressing tools are available for free online!
Please i have gathered all the requested documents... my problems is how to merge and compress the pdf files.... can somebody please help me....

ashwin.metpalli

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Already posted in other thread, Posting it again here... not sure which one is most active!
Hi,

Here’s what happened,

I got PPR request! I then send an email to CPC-OTTAWA and explained them my situation (…that, I am going to get married end of April) and asked them if I need to submit my passport now for stamping. I waited for replay for 1 week, couldn’t wait and send my passport on 16th (reached 17th) with a similar letter enclosed in the envelope. I get an update on myCIC and it says. You don’t have to submit the passport. They asked me to upload all the required documents in 30 days . That’s March 18 (I cannot do that… I clearly told them that I’m getting married end of April). I got my passport back yesterday without stamping….
I guess getting back a passport w/o stamp is a good sign at least in my case. What do you think?
Shall I reply back to CPC-OTTAWA that I cannot meet the deadline as I am getting married end of April?

Please advise,

Thanks,
Hi,

I am also in the same boat. Received PPR from New Delhi VO but am about getting married in the next two months. Should I inform CIC about my upcoming marriage OR just submit my passport? Please help

Harpreetsaini28

Feb 2, 2016
Hi,

I am also in the same boat. Received PPR from New Delhi VO but am about getting married in the next two months. Should I inform CIC about my upcoming marriage OR just submit my passport? Please help

Hi
please email your visa office and mention in detail as to when you will be getting married. they will then inform you to not submit your passport and wait untill you get married and once you get married then raise a cse. i don't think there is a deadline to subkit passports. so just wait till you get married. Once you do then inform them.

Reactions: ashwin.metpalli

ashwin.metpalli

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hi
please email your visa office and mention in detail as to when you will be getting married. they will then inform you to not submit your passport and wait untill you get married and once you get married then raise a cse. i don't think there is a deadline to subkit passports. so just wait till you get married. Once you do then inform them.
Harpreet, Thank you.

1. Can I ask (Is it possible that) visa office to initiate PR processing for my wife with other documents like PCC, medicals, birth certificate etc. so that they can use this gap of two months for marriage to validate them? This way, the only remaining document will be marriage registration certificate that will be provided right after marriage which can also be easily verified by them within no time.

2. As per my PPR email, I have been given 30 days deadline to submit my passport. So how can I wait till marriage?

Harpreetsaini28

Feb 2, 2016
Harpreet, Thank you.

1. Can I ask (Is it possible that) visa office to initiate PR processing for my wife with other documents like PCC, medicals, birth certificate etc. so that they can use this gap of two months for marriage to validate them? This way, the only remaining document will be marriage registration certificate that will be provided right after marriage which can also be easily verified by them within no time.

2. As per my PPR email, I have been given 30 days deadline to submit my passport. So how can I wait till marriage?

1 well ur logic is right but unfortunately immigration doesn't work this way.you will have to wait untill you get married. u will get a new ppr mail then.
2.i haven't got my PPR yet so i wasn't sure if it has a validity or not which you have confirmed now. So like i said previously for the same reason u need to inform the visa office that you are getting married in two months. So thry will extend your passport submission date.

anirudhmagon

Nov 2, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please help in the below situation.

I have submitted my Express entry PR application on 22nd October 2018 and apart from medical which was approved on 23rd November 2018, I haven't received any updates in my account. Recently on 21st April 2019, I got married and same was registered under marriage act on 20th May 2019 ( In a month ).

1) How can I inform Canada immigration regarding the change in my marital status.
2) How much extra time will they take to process my wife application
3) Will my CRS points will be recalculated and what all documents will be required for adding my wife in my current PR application.

Early response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anirudh